IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

In addition to that, there will be a flashing service to fix xeno crisis, which I will be taking them up on. Generally it's a good idea to update/fix carts when possible. It does not fix the left-channel bias for music, and the update indicates that its intentional, but it sure doesn't sound like it to me.

"We will be offering a free reflash / upgrade service to rectify the right channel issue for those that want or need it resolved, and we will cover all the shipping costs to do this. We’re pleased to say we’ve had some offers of help from the likes of MobiusStripTech in the USA and HPMAN in the EU, so we hope to avoid having to ship all the way back to the UK but instead offer local shipping. We’re very grateful for all the help and community spirit in the scene!

Please bear with us as we arrange the logistics as it might take a few weeks to finalise shipping labels and how it will work exactly. If you might be able to assist in other territories then please do get in touch. "

And I did a bit more gameplay last night. My first play is without the temporary music fix, then I input it on the video and later sessions feature the fix. Even with headphones, I don't really hear any difference, but I'm getting it fixed mostly to say it's been done if I ever decide to sell it. (I sell an average of one video game every 10 years ;) , so I'm a really bad flipper.)

Somebody let me know if I'm doing that fix procedure wrong, but it looks correct to me. It will be hard for me to hear stereo on stream since left is still much louder, and I'm running a mixed center channel.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, vincewy said:

Check the updates from BB.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3331960

Final Vendetta will be the next Neo-Geo title from BB, curious how long this will take until we receive the actual game.

Vince, that Final Vendetta for the next Neo-Geo titles is going to make me really excited on what it will look like from Bitmap Bureau, Can't wait to find out more. Thank you for sharing this with us bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reaperman said:

I was deciding on the idea sending in the games to @mobiusstriptech. Chris is one heck of a guy. But I was just thinking of the idea of what happen in the past with Samurai Shodown V Special AES, and then you had two different versions of a fixed and unfixed carts available. Maybe I'll keep my AES Collectors Edition untampered with. 

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's the latest from Bitmap Bureau on the Xeno Crisis concern issues. Plus, a new Neo-Geo games has been announced by them as well. WOW! :-o

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3331960

Neo Geo released! (October 2021)

Bitmap BureauCreator
October 16, 2021

Welcome

It’s been a long road, but as many of you will have noticed we finally released the AES, MVS and Neo Geo CD versions of Xeno Crisis, and it’s been great to see the game running on your various setups! With this being our first release for the Neo Geo systems we had a lot to learn, but we hope that you’re all happy with the end product. Sadly a couple of issues did surface on certain setups which we’ll talk about below, but generally speaking we’ve been blown away by the reception and can’t wait to bring another title to the Neo Geo. Here’s a selection of our favourite photos of Xeno Crisis out in the wild that we’ve spotted on Twitter recently:

a5cd46491cb823aada78c7008553baae_origina

Audio Issue

If you are using a mono MVS cab or the standard AES A/V scart connector (not headphones) you probably haven’t noticed any issue, but due to an unfortunate mistake the AES/MVS cartridges have been flashed with the wrong default bank of memory selected for the right channel (used by ADPCM-B) in the CPLD logic. We had prepared the JTAG flashing PCs at our warehouse long in advance of production and a simple 0 in the CPLD logic was missed and not set to a 1.

There is, however, a temporary Unibios patch you can perform to enable the right channel - you need to call up the in-game Unibios menu and set WR to 0x01, set Memory to 0x200005, then move right twice until PATCH is highlighted. We’ve been working with GadgetUK164 to resolve this issue and he kindly made a video showing how to apply the patch, which you can watch here:

The music is slightly left-biased when the bank is correctly enabled, which is normal.

Free reflash/repair service

8b0b3f2ff90e72187296def2c06206d8_origina

We will be offering a free reflash / upgrade service to rectify the right channel issue for those that want or need it resolved, and we will cover all the shipping costs to do this. We’re pleased to say we’ve had some offers of help from the likes of MobiusStripTech in the USA and HPMAN in the EU, so we hope to avoid having to ship all the way back to the UK but instead offer local shipping. We’re very grateful for all the help and community spirit in the scene!

Please bear with us as we arrange the logistics as it might take a few weeks to finalise shipping labels and how it will work exactly. If you might be able to assist in other territories then please do get in touch. 

MVS MV1FZ

f3bebc4695cec96492e977784af2c774_origina

Whilst it is not the case with all MV1FZ machines, we are unfortunately seeing a graphical corruption issue on the MV1FZ (and on some of its later model refinements such as the MV1FZS/MV1FZSB etc).

With over 28 different MVS models and 20+ year old hardware it’s been a daunting task to get our PCB design fully compatible! We’re pleased to say that with some amazing help from GadgetUK164 and Stephen Leary we believe we now have a fix that hopefully requires no physical modification to the cart and in fact is just a CPLD update that can be combined with the audio update. We are putting the update through its paces, repeating testing across all our devices to ensure no knock-ons from this change.

As with the audio channel reflash, we will be offering to fix this for anyone with an MV1FZ machine that’s exhibiting these graphical issues.

Other niggles

Obviously there might be a few other niggles here and there on MVS, but we will endeavour to resolve them. This can be tricky with aging hardware, trying to get reproducible issues and sending test carts back and forth as required. We appreciate all the input we can get on these issues and we will do everything we can to resolve them.

EU VAT

For those that pre-ordered before the EU VAT changes due to Brexit, it seems to have been a mixed bag of results. We’ve had a number of reports of successfully cancelling the VAT charges, but also some that were unsuccessful. If you’re still in need of extra details from us or assistance please contact us - we’ve been swamped with queries from all angles, so please email again (contact@bitmapbureau.com) if you’ve not heard back yet.

AES and MVS limited stock

558a63fa178c33a0fd29e4221f414de5_origina

We still have some AES and MVS stock available, however please note that once all of these are sold we are not sure at what point they will return given the global component shortages and shipping complications. Any new orders will have the audio issue corrected, but if you’re a MV1FZ owner then please let us know when you place your order so that we can modify your cart.

https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/collections/neo-geo

Neo Geo CD available

16e51eb74f0d42192d225fafa5050959_origina

We also have a decent stock of Xeno Crisis on Neo Geo CD, both US/EU and JP versions that come complete with spinecards.

https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/products/xeno-crisis-neo-geo-cd

MVS Softbox and Arcade Art Set

2d5f3e235e88df936fb3c77e10e10f31_origina
64b48abbf829f9a93882b7b778a3e007_origina

We’ve had a number of requests for MVS softboxes and MVS arcade art sets so I’m pleased to say they have recently been added to our shop, and you can order them from here:

https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/collections/neo-geo/products/xeno-crisis-mvs-softbox 

https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/collections/neo-geo/products/xeno-crisis-mvs-art-set 

ROM release

535245e569719ca7f0cb1cb307c01369_origina

We will confirm the ROM release date very soon; we still want to give those waiting on parcels a chance to experience the game ahead of the digital release. The AES/MVS ROM will be available pre-packaged in formats for NeoSD, DarkSoft Multi, MiSTer FPGA and MAME. The NGCD ISO will also be made available.

Please note if you buy a physical Xeno Crisis Neo Geo copy you will get the ROM for free.

What next?

We’re pleased to say that we have more Neo Geo titles in the works, so for now we’ll just give you this logo for one of them as a simple teaser...

5047f6689d2223d637cfbb9910da5521_origina

Thanks for all your support!

This Neo Geo Xeno Crisis release has been a long journey and we couldn’t have done it without all your support and help from the community. We really hope you enjoy playing the game and we look forward to developing many more games for Neo Geo in the future!

Bitmap Bureau

Anthony..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I'm glad that Xeno Crisis got a Neo Geo port. If anything, that system needed more variety in game genres.

So true Slidel. Much as I respect the great men and women that dedicate their time to make indie Neo-Geo games. their are other fantastic genres that needed to be explored by indie developers. Glad Bitmsp Bureau done so. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

『KOF XV』スペシャルムービーを手掛けたクリエイター大張正己氏インタビュー。超クオリティーで実現した映像の見どころとは!? #KOF15 #KOF #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/interview01.html
Translated from Japanese by
Interview with Masami Obari, creator of the "KOF XV" special movie. What is the highlight of the video realized with super quality !? #KOF15#KOF#SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/interview01.html

Interview with Masami Obari, creator of the "KOF XV" special movie. What is the highlight of the video realized with super quality !?

An interview with Masami Obari, the animation director who worked on the special movie recorded in the game, will be posted in the fighting game " THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV " scheduled to be released on February 17, 2022 .

Release date: 2021-10-14 13:00:00

The fighting game " THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV " scheduled to be released on February 17, 2022 contains a special movie produced by animation director Masami Obari in the game.

Interview with Masami Obari, creator of the "KOF15" special movie.  What is the highlight of the video realized with super quality !?

twenty two

Masami Ōbari said, "in the past Fatal Fury sometimes worked on such animated series", creator of the fan has been handed down the legend. It is also fresh in my memory that the news that he is working on the movie of this work attracted a lot of attention at the time of the announcement.

In this article, we have posted an interview article with Mr. Ohari talking about the special movie he produced. In an interview, Masami Obari said, "It has become the highest quality in my history." The movie has not been released yet, but I hope you can feel the enthusiasm of Mr. Ohari in this interview.

Interview with Masami Obari, creator of the "KOF15" special movie.  What is the highlight of the video realized with super quality !?

Masami

Obari Representative Director of Animation Studio G-1 NEO. Not only as an animation director, but also working on robot character design, he is widely active. Representative works include the " Gundam Breaker Batlog " series, " Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans ", and the anime " Super Robot Taisen OG ".

A special movie of Mr. Ohari who is evaluated as the highest ever 

-Mr. Obari, who worked on the special movie recorded in this game, can you tell us how you felt when you talked to us?

Obari When I first heard this story, I thought, "Did you finally come?" The special movie I made this time is in charge of the director, storyboard, and animation director, and it is a video that I made with all my soul!

――When you tweeted that Mr. Obari will make a movie of this work on Twitter, it was a lot of talk.

Obari That's right. I was surprised to see that the number of followers from overseas fans increased by about 700 momentarily. I realized that " KOF " is a title that is loved all over the world. ――You said that you also played

" KOF XV ", which includes a special movie . What kind of impression did you have from Mr. Obari, who loves fighting games?

Compared to the previous work, the Obari effect has been greatly brushed up and drawn beautifully. Kyo Kusanagi's flames and Shun'ei's phantom hands are so elaborate that it was quite difficult to express them in a special movie. Also, in terms of the game system, commands and combos are very easy to decide and it's fun. You can see the enthusiasm to acquire a new layer.

--Mr. Obari said that the " KOF " series has also been played considerably.

Obari The shock when " KOF '94 " was first released was amazing. The system is also original, and the effects are even cooler! I think it was a revolution, or an invention. ――Can you tell us your favorite character in the

" KOF " series?

I also like the Obari Fatal Fury Team and the Art of Fighting Team, but I really like K'. I like the fact that it's a pretty easy-to-use character and it's cool. The rest is Shermie. Even though it looks so cute, it's nice to use professional wrestling techniques. I also like Ash Crimson. I hope they will appear in the movie ... Please look forward to it.

――I'm also worried about the characters that appear in the movie.

Obari: SNK gave us a priority on who to put out, but we decided on our own while observing it. The movie is made in sync with the music, it has a sense of speed, and I think it feels very good to watch.

――Speaking of director Obari, SNK's animated works have been produced in the past, so I think it was nostalgic.

Obari " Fatal Fury: The Legend of the Hunger "] It is an animation of the series. That series was made when I was about 25 years old, and it's been 27 years since then. That's how many years have passed, so I made a movie with the hope that I could show myself how I evolved.

--You have to live up to your expectations.

Obari It's almost like saying, "I was sharpening my blade for this time."

――You can see that you are quite enthusiastic.

Obari This time, when designing the character, I put so much effort into building the drawing from the bones. The movie hasn't been released yet, but it's drawn so much that you can see it immediately. The same goes for muscles, wrinkles on clothes, and touches on the face. At the time of " FATAL FURY ", it was cel animation, but now it is shifting to digital animation, and I think that it is a video that looks quite digital.

――You have made a considerable amount of work.

Obari It incorporates things that normal animation does not do. The movie quality may be more elaborate in a sense. For example, for Isla, the point is the illusion of the hand and the design of the cap that is worn, but I express it without omitting it at all. The development team of " KOFXV " received the texture material of the part that is the point, and pasted it by changing the angle.

――You have made it up to that point.

Obari Because it's a short movie, there is also the aspect that we were able to make something so elaborate. In addition, for background art, I asked Mr. Takeda of animation studio bamboo, who said " FATAL FURY ".I'm the creator who was the art director for the animation. In addition, Mr. Takatani, who participated as the original picture, is also the one who participated in the animation of " FATAL FURY 2 ".

--A lot of staff from the " FATAL FURY " series created by Mr. Obari in the past are participating.

Obari In addition, there were some people who pitched themselves as "Let me participate!" When it was rumored in the industry that I would make an animation for " KOF ".

――Is it a popular technique for " KOF "? There are many people in the anime industry who say that they are fans of

Obari SNK himself and " KOF ".

――It seems that people with that much enthusiasm united to make the movie.

Obari I also worked on various directorial works, but I really have a strong feeling for this work. I made it with a feeling of putting my soul on it. So, when it was completed, I felt like I was out of soul. It's like "This year is over". I haven't finished my work at all (laughs).

――It was created with such enthusiasm.

Obari is also elaborate. Because the smashed characters that only come out in one cut are well designed. The picture called "video", which is between the original picture and the original picture, is ordered overseas if it is an animation of the recent TV series, but this work is made after thoroughly checking it in Japan. No matter where you stop it in the movie, you'll get cool characters and facial expressions.

――I can't wait for the release of the special movie produced by Mr. Obari with all his soul. Assuming that " KOF " will continue with " XVI " and " XVII " in the future, I think it would be great for fans to see the special movie made by Mr. Obari become an annual project.

Obari That's right. Furthermore, it would be great if the movie I made this time could be used as a priming water to realize TV animation.

――Finally, do you have a message for fans who are looking forward to the movie?

Obari: It's an honor to make a special movie for SNK's official work. I'm devoted to the director, and I'm very happy as a painter. The theme of this production is "Beyond all my past work". I hope you will see the special movie to see if that has been achieved.

• THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV special site > 
  • TGS2021 >
  •  
  • Interview with Masami Obari, creator of the "KOF XV" special movie. What is the highlight of the video realized with super quality !?
Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Darrin9999 said:

It has finally arrived safe and sound! I just need some time to play....

Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic pic of your Xeno Crisis CE package you received Darrin. We hope it give you many years of enjoyment and have a blast playing every time bro.  :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNKオンラインショップで、イベント商品のリバイバル販売が始まっております! 10/31(日)までの期間限定ですので、是非チェックしてみてくださいね https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=IVENTSP2 #SNK #KOF #龍虎の拳 #NEOGEO
Revival sales of event products have begun at the SNK online shop! It's only available until 10/31 (Sun), so please check it out. https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=IVENTSP2 #SNK#KOF#龍虎の拳#NEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

KADOKAWA コミックヒューにて『THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!』(原作:天河信彦先生)29話目更新です。 4巻発売中です。 よろしくお願いいたします! https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF09000003010000_68/ http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750 https://amazon.co.jp/dp/4046805579/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_55XKC224GYTJAY3GWP0A
At KADOKAWA Comic Hugh, "THE KING OF FANTASY Yagami-an's different world Musou remember every time you see it! (Original: Professor Nobuhiko Amakawa) The 29th episode has been updated. 4 volumes are on sale. Thank you! https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF09000003010000_68/ http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750 https://amazon.co.jp/dp/4046805579/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_55XKC224GYTJAY3GWP0A

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF ’98 UM FINAL EDITION】 The Steam KOF '98 UM FINAL EDITION Rollback Netcode Community Beta Test starts today. During the testing period, KOF '98 UM FE is 50% OFF! Join the test today. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/222420/view/2903123926593839075 #KOF #KOF98 #Steam

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「SAMURAI SPIRITS 開運みくじ」のWチャンスキャンペーンがスタート! くじを購入すると、抽選で #サムスピ 出演声優さんのサイン色紙が、合計11名様に当たります (ver.で色紙が異なります) 既にご購入された方も対象です♪ この機会に是非購入してみてくださいね https://slash.gift/store/snkentertainment #SNK
W chance campaign of "SAMURAI SPIRITS good luck lottery" has started! If you buy a lottery, you will be drawn by lottery #サムスピ Autographed colored paper of the cast voice actor hits a total of 11 people  ( The colored paper is different depending on the ver.) Also for those who have already purchased ♪ Please take this opportunity to purchase it. https://slash.gift/store/snkentertainment #SNK

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOF’94とKOF2002のスケボーデッキは好評予約受付中♪ 使うのがもったいないかっこよさに仕上がってます ワンランク上のインテリアとしていかがでしょうか https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?keyword=%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC #SNK #KOF
KOF'94 and KOF2002 skateboard decks are now accepting pre-orders ♪ It's a waste of coolness to use  How about as a higher-grade interior? https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?keyword=%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC #SNK#KOF

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning we are wirh Sega Surfer. Here we see him showing us is awesome neo-Geo AES collection. Very nice indeed. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Here are all my AES titles for the Neo Geo so far. Collection is still a work in progress, so expect update videos."

Anthony..

Just been reading about the updates on the Xeno Crisis release.

I'm a big fan of Bitmap Bureau's work on this game.  I got a copy of the original Mega Drive release.  I've been tempted for some time on the Neo Geo release.

I saw @Reapermanvideo (great job by the way).  I have to ask, it almost looks like a straight port, rather than a Neo Geo enhanced version.  Personally I'm just wondering whether to plump for the Cartridge for the cabinet, or just go for the ROM to run through my NeoSD Pro (again through the cab).

I was hopeful that the Neo Geo version would have some extra 'sparkle' to set it apart from the Mega Drive, but maybe that was a bit too much of an ask given the amount of work for the guys producing this.  Regardless of visual fidelity the game is great to play, and a welcome addition to the Neo Geo platform.

Also certainly excited to hear about the new game they are working on 'Final Vendetta' - maybe it's a puzzle game ?..,. ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread. That's great that you have the Mega Drive/Genesis version of Xeno Crisis. Still would like to buy that game for the collection. 

Yeah, I would love to find out more on Final Vendetta. Just by the name, it sounds like its a brawler style title. Wouldn't mind if it is since I enjoy that genre on the Neo-Geo.

Also Chris, I asked @Adriano Arcade on Twitter regarding the Q&A article with you. He said that he would get back to us and find out the schedule from Dyl (the owner of ArcadeAttackUK). I'm hoping it will be published soon since that unit needs to be shared for others to be amazed on what you done bro. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Amazing Neo-Geo MVS restoration project from JoSlay.

Working on an arcade cabinet currently. Sanding off years of gross black paint, finally getting to the bottom layers.

Looks very likely this was an OG Big Red Neo Geo cabinet!

Definitely #NeoGeo

Got all the paint off the sides and using bondo to fill in any imperfections. There are a lot btw, both arms appeared to have been chewed on by angry gamers lacking enough quarters to play through Metal Slug. #NEOGEO

Also had a little bit of a freak out as I thought the SNK on one side had been abbreviated for some mysterious reason. It turns out the K was weak willed and gave up the ghost well before its compatriots during the paint removal process.

Both front bottom corners and lower front panel appear to have been kicked to death by a Spanish Lipizzaner stud. Front panel is not original and is delaminating near the top causing the front surface to be uneven. Wish I’d noticed this during the paint removal. #NEOGEO #SNK

Finally back to it, all all the body work damage has been filled in and sanded. On to prep for paint. #NeoGeo #SNK #ArcadeRestoration

Starting with the black portions first, really hoping the red I chose will be good 

Anthony..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

I saw @Reapermanvideo (great job by the way).  I have to ask, it almost looks like a straight port, rather than a Neo Geo enhanced version.  Personally I'm just wondering whether to plump for the Cartridge for the cabinet, or just go for the ROM to run through my NeoSD Pro (again through the cab).

It's a silly thought, but if we could just go back in time and make the genesis one suck a little, this would be easier. ? Xeno Crisis is a fun game on its own merits, looks great, and it still costs less than comparable neo releases. That'd probably be the fair man's way to judge the neo geo cart, but it doesn't live in that theoretical vacuum. 

It'd be tough for me to recommend the neo cart over other versions. The new features are valuable to me, but with currently a $300+ price difference between a neo cart and a genesis one, I believe it should be easier to distinguish between the two. The digital version for NeoSD, or the less expensive (and more musical) NGCD release are much easier to recommend.

The Neo Geo enhancements I've spotted in-game on MVS are a bit sparse:

• high score table,
  • on-screen score, (this is very welcome)
  • attract mode,
  • how-to play,
  • some scaling,
  • new einstein sprite(?),
  • a lot more voice work,
  • unibios text replacement,
  • some bonus modes I haven't tried

I'll probably spend most of my time playing the rom on the NeoSD, myself, and leave the physical cart in the downstairs MVS that I flip on when company comes over.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3