IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

期間限定でリバイバル販売中のイベント商品をご紹介! 【K'展】グラサンスタンド K'と言えばグラサン。という発想から生まれた、飾れるだけじゃなく色々と使えるスタンドです。 つけるメガネを替えるとガラリと印象チェンジします! https://snk-onlineshop.com/category/IVENTSP2/4580015708789.html #SNK
Translated from Japanese by
Introducing event products that are on sale for a limited time! [K'Exhibition] Sunglasses Stand Speaking of K', sunglasses. It is a stand that can be used not only for decoration but also for various purposes. If you change the glasses you wear, the impression will change! https://snk-onlineshop.com/category/IVENTSP2/4580015708789.html #SNK

Anthony..

10 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

That's awesome that you defeated The Super Spy Mike. I can relate on how many times I went through so many quarters and credits just to beat it bro. :)

As for Xeno Crisis Mike, I think they mention that they did something with a ROM release. i would have to check on that bro. :)

Anthony.. 

Thanks, I've emailed them so I'll reply back if I get a response! 

9 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Already received a reply, both ROM and ISO for Xeno Crisis on Neo Geo should hopefully be coming out in the next couple of weeks after they send out the next batch of physical copies! No confirmation of price yet but I think I'll be picking it up for sure. 

That's great to know Mike. I'm interested on the ROM myself. Mike at Bitmap Bureau is a true gent. Always answers questions and try hard to help the video game community as much as possible. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @awbacon. Here we see him sharing his Halloween special upload with Nightmare in the Dark. Still a fun title after all these years. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Today we are taking a look at Nightmare in the Dark on Neo Geo. If you've ever played Bubble Bobble or Parasol Stars you will feel right at home with Nightmare in the Dark. It's a legit awesome action platform game for the Neo Geo with awesome graphics and a great soundtrack...plus it's the perfect arcade game for halloween! Classic spooky retro gaming goodness! and it's being played on the MiSTer FPGA Neo Geo Core!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

2021年11月にSNKオンラインショップでご購入をされた方に、先着1,000名様限定で「11月カレンダー付きオリジナルビジュアルカード」をプレゼント!今月は「幕末浪漫 月華の剣士」より「楓」ステージです♪ ★詳しくはコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=389 #SNK #月華の剣士
Customers who purchase at the SNK online shop in November 2021 will receive an "original visual card with a November calendar" for the first 1,000 people only! This month is the "Kaede" stage from "The Last Blade"♪ ★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=389 #SNK#月華の剣士

Anthony..

Hi guys,

\Happy Birthday#11月SNKキャラ誕生祭 を開催! このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、NEOGEO miniと誕生月記念イラストグッズ、1500円分のQUOカードが1名様に当たります キャンペーンは11/30(火)まで♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=388 SNKオンラインショップでは、11月の特別ノベルティを配布中
\ Happy Birthday  / #11月SNKキャラ誕生祭 Held! Follow this account & RT, NEOGEO mini, birthday commemorative illustration goods, 1500 yen worth of QUO card will be awarded to one person  Campaign until 11/30 (Tuesday)♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=388 SNK online shop is distributing special novelties for November 

Anthony..

12 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @awbacon. Here we see him sharing his Halloween special upload with Nightmare in the Dark. Still a fun title after all these years. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Today we are taking a look at Nightmare in the Dark on Neo Geo. If you've ever played Bubble Bobble or Parasol Stars you will feel right at home with Nightmare in the Dark. It's a legit awesome action platform game for the Neo Geo with awesome graphics and a great soundtrack...plus it's the perfect arcade game for halloween! Classic spooky retro gaming goodness! and it's being played on the MiSTer FPGA Neo Geo Core!"

Anthony..

I do like this game, but I wonder if it's common for slow down in this game.  My MVS (MV1F) seems to suffer a fair bit of slow down in this game, as well as some others - which I believe are known for it (Twinkle Star Sprites, Metal Slugs etc..,.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Also saw this floating around on the internet.  Don't know anything else as yet, but might interest some of you folks:

Oh wow! I haven't seen this yet Chris. Thank you for sharing this with us. You're the first to share this. Is this official bro?

Anthony..

11 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

I do like this game, but I wonder if it's common for slow down in this game.  My MVS (MV1F) seems to suffer a fair bit of slow down in this game, as well as some others - which I believe are known for it (Twinkle Star Sprites, Metal Slugs etc..,.)

I think i remembered years ago that some mention that when they played Nightmare in the Dark when they used the MV1F board Chris. But can't really recall what was the problem because it was from a posting about 20 years ago. I might have to do some hard searching for it to see.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Small preview of Sun Shine, a #puzzle game developed by #ADK for the #NeoGeo. It was going to be one of the system's launch titles but never got released. From the November 1990 edition of Famitsu, scans by https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Sun_Shine

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Obscure Not-Double-Dragon fighter Rage of the Dragons to return in 2022

Posted 4 days ago by Chris Moyse
rage of the dragons qubyte

The dying days of the world’s most expensive platform

QUByte Interactive has presented the fighting game community with the most unpredictable of announcements. It appears that the highly obscure tag-fighting title Rage of the Dragons — previously only available on the Neo Geo platform — will be getting a revamped re-release at some point next year on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Released in both arcades and the premium Neo Geo platform in 2002, Rage of the Dragons is one of the last games created for home Neo Geo hardware and was a co-development of studios Brezzasoft, Noise Factory, and Evoga. Originally conceived as a sequel to SNK’s Double Dragon fighter of 1995, the intellectual rights to Double Dragon could not be acquired. Thus, while suspiciously familiar characters such as Billy, Jimmy, and Abobo appear, I assure you they are absolutely NOT the Billy, Jimmy, and Abobo from Double Dragon. Honest. Yes, Jimmy’s girlfriend is “Maria.” So What?

Players pick a team of two characters from a pretty large roster of 14 individual fighters. Battling on a 2D plane, Rage of the Dragons plays out like most Neo Geo fighters of the SNK Playmore era, but does feature some neat pixel art and a hard-rocking soundtrack. QUByte did not offer any details in the way of added features, but its upcoming rerelease Breakers Collection will include a training mode and online play with rollback netcode — so hopefully Rage of the Dragons will be afforded the same cool additions. We’ll be sure to give y’all a heads-up when more info is forthcoming.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

期間限定でリバイバル販売中のイベント商品をご紹介! 【龍虎の展】覇王翔吼拳木札 東京・御蔵島産の銘木「ツゲ」を使用した両面彫刻の木札です。 キメが細かく、息を飲むほどの細かく美しい彫刻が、「龍虎の拳」の繊細なロゴも細部まで見事に表現しています。 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015708581.html #SNK #龍虎の拳
Introducing event products that are on sale for a limited time! [Art of Fighting Exhibition] Overlord Shounken Kifuda This is a double-sided carved wooden tag using the famous boxwood "boxwood" from Mikurajima, Tokyo. The finely textured, breathtakingly detailed and beautiful sculptures perfectly express the delicate logo of "Art of Fighting". https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015708581.html #SNK#龍虎の拳

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】特典紹介 SNKオンラインショップ限定で予約販売中の「LIMITED COMBO」に付属する、複製原画(不知火舞Ver)をご紹介! こちらは、TONKO描き下ろし! 舞の美しさに魅了されてしまいますね 複製原画は単体でもどうぞ! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&keyword=KOF15+%E8%A4%87%E8%A3%BD%E5%8E%9F%E7%94%BB+TONKO&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=1028_genga_mai #SNK #KOF #KOF15
[KOF XV] Benefits Introducing the duplicate original picture (Mai Shiranui Ver) that comes with "LIMITED COMBO", which is available for pre-order only at the SNK online shop! This is drawn by TONKO! You will be fascinated by the beauty of Mai  Please use the original duplicate as a single unit! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&keyword=KOF15+%E8%A4%87%E8%A3%BD%E5%8E%9F%E7%94%BB+TONKO&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=1028_genga_mai #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【予約受付中!】「ゲーミングスツール」に待望の「餓狼伝説SPECIAL」が満を持して登場! 皆が熱狂し、そらで言えるほど暗記したキャラのコマンドもしっかり印字されたアツイ一品です! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015740000.html #SNK #餓狼伝説SPECIAL
[Reservations are being accepted! ] The long-awaited "FATAL FURY SPECIAL" is now available on "Gaming Stool"! Everyone is enthusiastic, and the command of the character memorized so much that it can be said is also printed firmly! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015740000.html #SNK#餓狼伝説SPECIAL

Anthony...

Oh wow! I haven't seen this yet Chris. Thank you for sharing this with us. You're the first to share this. Is this official bro?

Anthony..

Madlittlepixel posted something via his YouTube channel, he’s suggesting it’s genuine.  But I haven’t been able to confirm that.

• Like 1

I think i remembered years ago that some mention that when they played Nightmare in the Dark when they used the MV1F board Chris. But can't really recall what was the problem because it was from a posting about 20 years ago. I might have to do some hard searching for it to see.

Anthony..

That would be interesting to know, I didn’t realise some of the boards had these types of quirks.  I also do some research and see what I can find.  Thanks Anthony.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Obscure Not-Double-Dragon fighter Rage of the Dragons to return in 2022

Posted 4 days ago by Chris Moyse
rage of the dragons qubyte

The dying days of the world’s most expensive platform

QUByte Interactive has presented the fighting game community with the most unpredictable of announcements. It appears that the highly obscure tag-fighting title Rage of the Dragons — previously only available on the Neo Geo platform — will be getting a revamped re-release at some point next year on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Released in both arcades and the premium Neo Geo platform in 2002, Rage of the Dragons is one of the last games created for home Neo Geo hardware and was a co-development of studios Brezzasoft, Noise Factory, and Evoga. Originally conceived as a sequel to SNK’s Double Dragon fighter of 1995, the intellectual rights to Double Dragon could not be acquired. Thus, while suspiciously familiar characters such as Billy, Jimmy, and Abobo appear, I assure you they are absolutely NOT the Billy, Jimmy, and Abobo from Double Dragon. Honest. Yes, Jimmy’s girlfriend is “Maria.” So What?

Players pick a team of two characters from a pretty large roster of 14 individual fighters. Battling on a 2D plane, Rage of the Dragons plays out like most Neo Geo fighters of the SNK Playmore era, but does feature some neat pixel art and a hard-rocking soundtrack. QUByte did not offer any details in the way of added features, but its upcoming rerelease Breakers Collection will include a training mode and online play with rollback netcode — so hopefully Rage of the Dragons will be afforded the same cool additions. We’ll be sure to give y’all a heads-up when more info is forthcoming.

Anthony..

Always nice to see new Neo Geo games released, but not sure we really need more fighting games on the platform.  Just sayin'.  Not trying throw shade on fighting games no matter how sh*tty I am on them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Madlittlepixel posted something via his YouTube channel, he’s suggesting it’s genuine.  But I haven’t been able to confirm that.

Ah, good dot know Chris. I haven't seen his channel in a few weeks. I need to take a look at his latest works and what he said. Thank you for mentioning this to me bro. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

That would be interesting to know, I didn’t realise some of the boards had these types of quirks.  I also do some research and see what I can find.  Thanks Anthony.

You're welcome Chris. It just came right into my head after you posted it bro. Amazing what the mind stores that you haven't thought about in decades. I always enjoyed Nightmare in the Dark, and still believe it should've received an official AES launch for it. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Always nice to see new Neo Geo games released, but not sure we really need more fighting games on the platform.  Just sayin'.  Not trying throw shade on fighting games no matter how sh*tty I am on them.

Interestingly Ryan, I was really surprised that Rage of the Dragons was finally going to be released onto modern units. This game was so under the radar that most modern gamers didn't know this existed on the market. This game for the AES already goes for big bucks as it is. Hope it doesn't increase now because of it. :|

Anthony..