IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Now that your copy has arrived, we need to establish a high score competition!

Good to know Mike. Would love to participate in it once I take out my NGCD unit. Been a while since I hooked up that baby. :)

Mike, did you ordered the spinner board from NeoHomeBrew? 

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Get your hands on the Steam GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES game and soundtrack bundle! Features 37 tracks from the legendary NEOGEO fighting game. Enjoy these action-packed tunes while you game! https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/26137/ *Comes in MP3/FLAC #SNK #GAROU #NEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series、明日開幕 「KOF XV ICFC WEEK1キャンペーン」を開催! アカウントをフォロー&このツイートをRTで、KOF XV esports Tシャツが3名様に当たります キャンペーンは5/31(火)まで! 大会エントリーも受付中ですので、ぜひご参加ください! #KOF15 #KOFXV #KOFXVICFC
Translated from Japanese by
 KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series, opening tomorrow  "KOF XV ICFC WEEK1 Campaign" will be held! Follow your account & RT this tweet to win 3 KOF XV esports T-shirts  Campaign until 5/31 (Tuesday)! We are also accepting tournament entries, so please join us! #KOF15 #KOFXV #KOFXVICFC

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【注文受付終了まで残り1週間】現在、「SNKオンラインショップありがとうキャンペーン」開催中です! 長年のご愛顧に感謝の気持ちを込め、対象商品を最大50%OFFでご提供いたします。 ぜひこの機会にSNKオンラインショップでのお買い物をお楽しみください。 #SNK https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=541
Translated from Japanese by
[One week left until the end of order acceptance] Currently, the "SNK Online Shop Thank You Campaign" is being held! With gratitude for your patronage over the years, we will offer the target products at up to 50% off. Please take this opportunity to enjoy shopping at the SNK Online Shop. #SNK https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=541

Antony..

On 5/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

From AtariAge member @Steril707. Game is looking great for sure. :)

image.jpeg.8fe25e2c7aeb5644ded9bd8c7aece680.jpegInviyya

First look at some pixel art for the Neo Geo version of Hyperblaster (Inviyya2). Main difference will be (as you can see ? ) the much more colourful and detailed parallax background layer.
May be a cartoon of text that says '092000 HISCORE 002000'

Anthony..

Thanks for the mention, Anthony... :)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The Neo Geo Pocket Color's First RPG, Biomotor Unitron, Launches On Switch Tomorrow

Surprise!

• AlanaHagues by Alana Hagues  12:45pm
  •  
  •  
  • In a surprise announcement, SNK has announced the next game in its Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection series, Biomotor Unitron. Released on the handheld back in 1999, this was the very first RPG for the system.

The game mixes sci-fi elements with dungeon crawling. You control a robot through these dungeons — which are semi-random a selected from a variety of pre-programmed layouts — and level up the character controlling the Unitron robot. As your level increases, so does your ability to control the Unitron. The game launched in Japan and North America, but never saw a European release.

As with all the Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection releases, Biomotor Unitron comes with a full-colour digital manual that you can flick through on your Switch. We've also got a small rundown of the game from SNK's press release:

Originally developed for the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR in 1999, BIOMOTOR UNITRON was the first RPG for SNK’s handheld system and lets players experience an epic sci-fi fantasy world and battle mighty enemies as the humanoid battle robot Unitron.

Players take on the role of Unitron pilots as they explore dungeons to acquire various materials. These dungeons change their appearance every time a pilot enters them. A Unitron’s shape changes according to the pilot's level – new weapons can be developed by synthesizing materials and parts, so everyone can create their own Unitron!

In the arena, the hall of fame of Unitron Masters, the strongest enemies gather, and players can battle it out with the strongest Unitron for the glorious title of "Master of Masters".

The instruction manual included with the game is for the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR version. Therefore, some specifications may differ on Nintendo Switch. Trading functions are not implemented.

We can't wait to get our hands on a slice of Neo Geo history with this one! Biomotor Unitron launches tomorrow (26th May) in North America and Europe for $7.99 / €7.99. You can check out the rest of the games in this Neo Geo series over on SNK's official website.

Will you be picking this one up? Or have you played the game before? Let us know in the usual spot!

Anthony..

On 5/24/2022 at 7:13 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Good to know Mike. Would love to participate in it once I take out my NGCD unit. Been a while since I hooked up that baby. :)

Mike, did you ordered the spinner board from NeoHomeBrew? 

Anthony...

I decided to pass because the spinner board requires additional parts and very good soldering skills. I’m still a novice at soldering and I don’t want to make a mistake on the board!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I decided to pass because the spinner board requires additional parts and very good soldering skills. I’m still a novice at soldering and I don’t want to make a mistake on the board!

Same here Mike. Still a greenhorn at soldering and would like to master that craft. But don't think I have the nerve to try to do so with the spinner. 

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

BIOMOTOR UNITRON, the hit Sci-Fi Fantasy RPG on the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR, comes to Nintendo Switch! Defeat mighty enemies with the strongest humanoid battle robot, Unitron! >Check out the trailer! https://youtu.be/P2xUGyq4O1U #SNK #NEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

I remember we were wondering what games could be featured on a second NGPC collection, but I'm starting to think it will be fine.

There should already be at least:

- Card Fighters

- Crush Roller (in vol.1 for Steam, instead of Match of the Millenium)

- Big Bang Pro Wrestling

- Biomotor Unitron

And I'm pretty sure the tennis game should be in, too.

They can probably fill some of the remaining spots with fighters that didn't make the cut on the first comp, but those would be the earlier ones, then. That being said, since it's called NeoGeo Pocket Color Selection, it may be possible some of the first games will be excluded, even though I don't know how many B&W only games exist, if any.

• Like 1

There are a few B&W only games that didn't get a color copy, most not all that obvious other than Samurai Shodown 1 and KOF R1.  I do believe since english exists, and the price of the originals are a dumpster fire, it would be possible to throw Faselei, Cotton(more likely with the come back?), and Evolution would work, Faselei even had a limited US-esrb covered release and I had an english cotton in the day but maybe the US store grabbed the UK one but I could swear it was a US release as it wasn't in a clamshell and not in japanese either.  Bust a Move mini should be a potential pull, either puzzle link title, magical drop, there's a picross game, reversi, there are plenty of choices.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Early version of the NeoGeo Deck and its controler. The NeoGeo deck is a coin-operated system that was used in hotels. Via @GamingAlexandri
https://archive.org/details/weekly-famitsu-no.-221-march-12th-1993/page/n7/mode/2up

Anthony..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Yes but both Cotton and Bust A Move are third party for instance

I know, Compile and Taito but they've been super open about having those games handed around on other franchises hardware, even recently, so it's not out of the realm of possibility especially in the case of just giving the contractual nod to include it which would get them a no effort free kickback on how many ever copies are sold.

Can anyone help me?

I have a real aes copy of League Bowling. It doesn't save my high scores. I know scores save on my neo sd pro, but im assuming the game saves on the cart itself and not the memory card as my previous high scores also don't load up when using the real cart.

Or was the game never supposed to save and its merely a function of the neo sd pro?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, LIME LYSTA said:

Can anyone help me?

I have a real aes copy of League Bowling. It doesn't save my high scores. I know scores save on my neo sd pro, but im assuming the game saves on the cart itself and not the memory card as my previous high scores also don't load up when using the real cart.

Or was the game never supposed to save and its merely a function of the neo sd pro?

Thanks.

Good to see you again Lime. In regards to your question. I'll ask @SpicedUp! to come by and help answer this question for you bro. Hang tight. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2