IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

[ACA NEOGEO APP] BURNING FIGHT ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices today! App Store:https://apps.apple.com/us/app/burning-fight-aca-neogeo/id1607801774 Google Play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acabf Look forward to more games on the way! #SNK #NEOGEO #ACANEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

1575428577_Bildschirmfoto2022-06-15um23_54_18.thumb.png.8dca312230239d53470e333755360608.png

13 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I want this and The Eye of Typhoon on MVS so badly! Any updates on when this cool looking shooter will release?

Hey mate... release is planned for around spring time next year.

Game still needs a lot of work done.. ;)

PS: new screenshot. GFX are improving... ;)

Edited by Steril707
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Nick from RetroBrea. Here we see him discussing about the awesome Neo Geo Pocket Color. This will be fun to watch. :)

From the description,

"The Neo Geo Pocket Color was SNK’s attempt to take on the mighty Game Boy Color. Where SEGA, Atari and others before had failed by trying to create more powerful (but power hungry), backlit competitors to Nintendo’s Game Boy, SNK tried a different tactic...

Thanks to Deadpan Robot for letting me borrow their amazing TFT LCD modded console and Flash Masta flash cart too! Check out their website and shop here:"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series】 アジア地域「WEEK 4」がスタートしました! 配信はこちら Twitch https://twitch.tv/snkofficial/ YouTube https://youtube.com/watch?v=tfFTT9tg2cs #KOF15 #KOFXV #ICFCKOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series] Asia region "WEEK 4" has started! Click here for delivery Twitch https://twitch.tv/snkofficial/ YouTube https://youtube.com/watch?v=tfFTT9tg2cs #KOF15 #KOFXV #ICFCKOFXV

Anthony..

On 6/16/2022 at 12:02 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

[ACA NEOGEO APP] BURNING FIGHT ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices today! App Store:https://apps.apple.com/us/app/burning-fight-aca-neogeo/id1607801774 Google Play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acabf Look forward to more games on the way! #SNK #NEOGEO #ACANEOGEO

Anthony..

Not a great beat'em up, but it is a solid title and there is enjoyment to be gotten out of it.  However, there are better beat'em ups on the system.  Still, it is worthy of checking out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Not a great beat'em up, but it is a solid title and there is enjoyment to be gotten out of it.  However, there are better beat'em ups on the system.  Still, it is worthy of checking out.

Thank you for stopping by as always Ryan. Playing any fun Neo-Geo games as of late bro? :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

In 1995, following the success of Virtua Fighter 1 and 2, SNK started a 3D adaptation of Fatal Fury tentatively called Garou Densetsu Dream. Each player could choose between 5 camera angles including a first person view.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

3 of these characters had joined the cast of Mark of the wolves 2: Gato's father 牙王 (Kibaō?), animated by Eisuke Ogura, ドラヴイック (Dravic?) who seems to have been originally designed during the production of the 1st episode and Joe's apprentice クアン コンタ (Kuan Conta?).
Translate Tweet

Anthony..

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

Thank you for stopping by as always Ryan. Playing any fun Neo-Geo games as of late bro? :)

Anthony...

You are most welcome for stopping by.  Neo Geo wise, I haven't been playing anything on that as of late as I have been exploring SNES and various Gameboy games whether it is GB, GBC, or GBA.  However, there are some Neo Geo titles I need to check out sometime.  I will make sure to denote that here when that happens.  Take care and have a great weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

You are most welcome for stopping by.  Neo Geo wise, I haven't been playing anything on that as of late as I have been exploring SNES and various Gameboy games whether it is GB, GBC, or GBA.  However, there are some Neo Geo titles I need to check out sometime.  I will make sure to denote that here when that happens.  Take care and have a great weekend.

Oh wow! That's great to know Ryan. SNES and the Game Boy series bro? A superb choice for sure. Thank you for the thoughtful words Ryan. Enjoy the weekend bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series】 WEEK 5 begins on June 23rd! Registrations are open now, so sign up! > NA (Entry deadline: 6/23 4:30PM PDT) https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xv-icfc-weekly-series-na-week-5/details > EU (Entry deadline: 6/23 6:00PM CEST) https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xv-icfc-weekly-series-eu-week-5/details #KOF15 #KOFXV #ICFCKOFXV

Anthony...

Hi guys,

SNK第2創業期の“大阪開発”が目指すのは,既存のIPを生かしてさらなる発展を遂げていくこと。キーマン2名にその様子を聞いてみる https://4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20220614084/ #SNK #募集中
The goal of "Osaka Development" during the second founding period of SNK is to utilize existing IP to achieve further development. Let's ask two keymen about the situation https://4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20220614084/ #SNK #募集中

The goal of "Osaka Development" during the second founding period of SNK is to utilize existing IP to achieve further development. Let's ask two keymen about the situation

What do you remember when you hear the name "SNK"? THE KING OF FIGHTERS, SAMURAI SPIRITS, NEOGEO, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury ...

This is the writing of the previous SNK interview, but it was the people of SNK Osaka, who are the interviewees this time, who made those "SNK IPs". Together with Tokyo Studio, which has a new lineup of gorgeous members and is focusing on the production of new IP, they are trying to reborn in various ways by modifying the IP of SNK, which has a presence like a beautiful star.

As with the author, people who have been in contact with games for a long time should feel the presence of the game company SNK to a greater or lesser extent. In the previous interview, we focused on the new IP because we focused on the newly established Tokyo Studio, but this time the theme is Osaka Studio (or rather, the head family SNK).
 I was able to get some time when the two keymen came out of Osaka to Tokyo, so let's listen to Osaka by digging roots and leaves.

Thumbnail of image collection # 002 / SNK 2 The goal of "Osaka Development" in the 2nd founding period is to make use of existing IP to achieve further development.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

Yasuyuki Oda (Right) General Manager of
SNK 1st Software Development Division
During the former SNK era, he was mainly involved in the development of the "FATAL FURY" series and the "Art of Fighting" series. He transferred to Dimps in 2000, returned to SNK again in 2014, launched the console development department, and released "KOF" and "SAMURAI SPIRITS".

Nobuyuki Kuroki (Left)
Lead Artist, SNK 1st Software Development Division The
background is almost the same as Oda. After returning to the current SNK, he oversaw the artist department.

Nobuyuki Kuroki (hereinafter referred to as Mr. Kuroki):
 I was wondering if Oda would wear a NEOGEO jersey today, but I was the only one. Even though this is formal wear.

(Everyone laughs)

4Gamer:
 That's formal wear, isn't it? I remember (laughs).
 By the way ... 4Gamer has an editorial department in Tokyo, and last time I talked about the Tokyo base all the time. excuse me.

Mr. Yasuyuki Oda (hereinafter referred to as Mr. Oda):
 No.

4Gamer:
 If you think about it carefully ... You don't have to think about it, but when you say SNK, Osaka is the home. Even in the previous talk, the Tokyo side said with the feeling that "SNK's DNA will not be extinguished", and this time I would like to hear the story of Osaka again, so I asked for time. Thank you.

Two:
 Thank you.

4Gamer:
 What is your position now, Mr. Oda?

Thumbnail of image collection # 003 / SNK 2 The goal of "Osaka Development" in the 2nd founding period is to make use of existing IP to achieve further development.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 Right now, it's the first in Osaka ... What was it, I couldn't remember the title. (Looking at your business card) I am the general manager of the First Software Development Division.
 Originally, I and Kuroki joined SNK at the same time. That was certainly 1993, but I quit once around 2000. After that, I worked for a developer called Dimps. Perhaps it was 2014, and that's how it came back after being recalled by the owner, Mr. Kawasaki (Mr. Eikichi Kawasaki * ).

* The New Japan Project (later SNK) was founded by Eikichi Kawasaki in 1973 and has produced many masterpieces. After the bankruptcy in 2001, Dimps Co., Ltd. was established mainly by the employees of the original SNK First Development Department. If you are interested in looking back on the history of SNK, please read " here ".

4Gamer:
 Thank you. How is Mr. Kuroki?

Mr. Kuroki:
 No, I've been working together for 30 years, so it's about the same.

4Gamer:
 30 years!

Mr. Kuroki:
 Yes, I think this is the 30th year. At the time of the old SNK, I used to make "Fatal Fury" and "Art of Fighting" at the same place, but the company went bankrupt and stopped in the same way, went to Dimps in the same way, and then joined again. , I am "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV"And then the art director and director of Samurai ( "SAMURAI SPIRITS" ). I've been doing that all the time, and now I feel like a person who sees all the art teams in Osaka. Like a lead artist.

Related article

Interview with the developer of "SAMURAI SPIRITS". I heard about the evolution of Samurai Shodown revived in Reiwa and the new attempts that SNK is aiming for.

Interview with the developer of "SAMURAI SPIRITS".  I heard about the evolution of Samurai Shodown revived in Reiwa and the new attempts that SNK is aiming for.

SNK will release the swashbuckler fighting game "SAMURAI SPIRITS" on June 27, 2019 . This time, just before the release, we talked to Mr. Nobuyuki Kuroki, the development director, Mr. Kaito Ono , the planner , and Mr. Yurin Saji, who worked on the character design .

4Gamer:
 Thank you.
 I've been together for that long, and it's pretty amazing that it's almost the same as my career or work history.

Dimps was mainly engaged in the outsourced development of games using characters. From 2007 to 2013, Mr. Kuroki was involved in many Sonic series works, and Mr. Oda was instrumental in the development of "Street Fighter IV". ..
Thumbnail of image collection # 004 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation Thumbnail of image collection # 005 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 That's right. Well, I did a completely different job at Dimps.

4Gamer:
 That's right.

Mr. Kuroki:
 The company was the same, but the work was completely different.

Mr. Oda:
 He had a lot of work for Sega, wasn't he? I think I had a lot of work with BNE and Capcom.

4Gamer:
 Oh, I see. Then Sonic and Street Fighter are like that.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. yes.

From Pachislot SNK to Softhouse SNK

4Gamer:
 If you put a dimp in between and set the front and back as "SNK early stage" and "SNK late stage", was there a difference in culture when you returned from the first half to the second half?

Mr. Oda:
 Far from culture ... When we returned, we were a slot company, so it felt like the industry was different, not to mention culture.

4Gamer:
 Is it completely different from what you were doing?

Mr. Oda:
 Yes.

4Gamer:
 I see. Something like that ... I'm not worried, but was there something like "What should I do with this?"

Mr. Oda:
 Well, the owner at that time was enthusiastic about making games, so that was okay.

4Gamer:
 I just called it back.
 By the way, SNK, as I mentioned last time, is a maker of "fighting games" from the viewpoint of old players, and it is a super famous brand that even made game machines. But including the story of slots, the game industry has been quiet for a while.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 There was a time when the company wasn't very committed to the game industry, and it's starting to change a lot, but how did it work internally? I think it's a pretty change of direction ...

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. That was hard, wasn't it?
 Anyway, people ... The current Tokyo studio is in the process of hiring people, but it's just like that.

4Gamer:
 Still not enough?

Mr. Oda:
 Yeah, that's right.

4Gamer:
 I've never been on the game company side, so it's just an amateur impression, but I haven't made a game for a while.

Mr. Oda:
 No, that's true.

4Gamer:
 I think there was no one who could make a game ...

Mr. Oda:
 At that time, it was about the time to switch from feature phones to smartphones, but there were some people who were doing apps and some who hadn't quit SNK all the time. Somehow because there was.
 But almost from the outside, like this (laughs). It seems that people from various companies have taken it from various places while being resented (laughs).

Kuroki:
 Don't say that (laughs).

Thumbnail of image collection # 006 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

4Gamer:
 Focusing on the connection between the two?

Mr. Kuroki:
That's  certainly the beginning.

Mr. Oda:
 Well, first of all, the former SNK members who quit and were scattered are returned from various game companies ...

4Gamer:
 It's kind of like a movie.

Mr. Oda:
 So, it's like using each pipe and calling out from there.

4Gamer:
 Even if you tried to gather staff like that, the owner at that time had a strong intention to make a game.

Mr. Oda:
 Yeah, that's right.

4Gamer:
 It's a great change of direction because we make something that is a little similar but completely different.

Mr. Oda:
 Well, did you also have a factory for slots?

4Gamer:
 Yes.

Mr. Oda:
 But when it comes to games, it becomes a software house. Moreover, there is no publishing department. That's why it's true that a tremendous change in direction is true.

4Gamer:
 But with that feeling, it feels like it will continue as it is. Recently, like Samurai Shodown, the "SNK scent" is gradually returning.

Mr. Oda:
 I agree. However, it is not a management policy to increase the scale of the company itself, so that is ... At the time of the old SNK, there was a development line of about 5 teams inside, and it was a system that could put out multiple lines a year.

4Gamer:
 Yes, that's right.

Thumbnail of image collection # 007 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 We don't have that kind of system yet, so we've released KOF and SAMURAI SPIRITS. It was quite difficult to get out of that scale.

4Gamer:
 How many people are there now?

Mr. Oda:
 Right now, there are about 125 people in Osaka, in development.

4Gamer:
 How many lines are you?

Mr. Oda:
 Well ... there is one console operation, one application operation, and four newly launched developments.

4Gamer:
 Well, there are quite a few.

Mr. Oda:
 The number is also used outside.

4Gamer:
 Then, if you combine Tokyo and Osaka, you will have a good number of lines.

Mr. Oda:
 No, it takes about 3 years to make one, no matter what the scale.

4Gamer:
 That's true.

Mr. Oda:
 When I think about it, I feel that it's still not enough.

4Gamer:
 Do you feel that Osaka will continue to increase?

Mr. Kuroki:
 Yes.

Mr. Oda:
 Yeah, if I wanted to run all the guys on the current plan, I think it wouldn't be enough anymore. But when it increased too much ...

4Gamer:
Is it  management?

Mr. Oda:
 Yes, I can't manage the studio. I'm wondering if that would be another new studio, but I'm wondering if it's going to reach its limits.

4Gamer:
 Well, if the number of people increases, the number of back offices must increase.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 In a situation where the process of increasing Osaka is still unfinished, we will bother to establish a base in Tokyo and increase the number of people again.

Mr. Oda:
 In order to increase the scale of development, it seems natural to set up an office in a place with many people.

4Gamer:
 I see, in terms of the number of people.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. After this, I'm wondering if it's going to be Nagoya or Fukuoka ... (laughs).

4Gamer:
 Oh, that's it.

Mr. Oda:
 No, I would like to increase it. Perhaps even in foreign countries, I think it will be a trend to build a studio somewhere.

4Gamer:
 It was in China, wasn't it?

Mr. Oda:
 Yes, it's in Beijing.

4Gamer:
 Where is next to China ...

Mr. Oda:
 Yes, what do you like (laughs)? Is it Brazil in terms of population?

Direction to revive SNK's past IP

4Gamer:
 But there are so many things I'm trying to do that I think I should increase the number of people like that.

Thumbnail of image collection # 011 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 That's right. The owner changed from Mr. Kawasaki to China, this time to Saudi Arabia, and we were talking about something like this, once every 5 or 6 years, the owner will not change, but it will evolve every time. mosquito.

Mr. Kuroki:
 A big event is held once every few years.

4Gamer:
 Olympic.

Mr. Kuroki:
 It feels like the staff are already used to it.

4Gamer:
 Is there anything that will change drastically within the company?

Mr. Oda:
 There is no such thing, but the scale is getting bigger. Especially, surely due to this change. The reason for increasing the scale is that there is a goal to increase things. After all, that will change a lot.

4Gamer:
 I heard last time. It's about becoming a world-renowned publisher.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 There was about one SNK in a year before, isn't it?

Mr. Oda:
 Well, it was a year. Well, I'm doing it with my own hardware, and since it was only an arcade, the volume is also smaller than it is now.

4Gamer: At
 that time, the title was often numbered in the Christian era. 97 or 99.

Mr. Oda:
 It was just like mastering up two hours before the ROM was produced at the factory (laughs). I can't do that right now ...

Thumbnail of image collection # 012 / SNK 2nd founding period "Osaka development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

4Gamer:
 Two hours ago is amazing ...
 Anyway, did this change of policy cause any confusion within Osaka, for example? Apart from the story of lack of people, it seems that the company itself has changed.

Mr. Oda:
 ...... What happened?

Mr. Kuroki:
 Especially. The development side hasn't changed.

4Gamer:
 Quietly.

Mr. Kuroki:
 Yeah, quietly. Nothing in particular even if the owner changes (laughs). At the Oda level, I think there are probably various stories, but the site has always been the same.

4Gamer:
 SNK's lineage up until now, or is it the same for a long time?

Mr. Oda:
 Um ... In terms of technique, even if you make the same SNK as the old SNK and the current SNK, the method of making is completely different. There are such changes, but I feel that the direction of SNK's past IP has changed considerably.

4Gamer:
 What is it?

Mr. Oda:
 As with us, owner-level people like the MiSK Foundation now have a very strong interest in SNK's past IP, and it's hard to revive it. I'm thinking of doing it. Not just fighting games.

4Gamer:
 But there are a lot of fighting games alone.

Mr. Oda:
 I agree. But lately, it's only KOF, so I have to do other things as a matter of course ...

Mr. Kuroki:
 (laughs)

4Gamer:
 Why do you laugh there (laughs)?

Mr. Kuroki:
 No, I thought I would say a lot more than I expected (laughs).

"IKARI" (1986), a vertically scrolling action shooting game produced and operated by SNK for arcade games. I think there are many people who played the NES version of "Ikari IKARI", but when it comes to that difficulty ...
Thumbnail of image collection # 013 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 For example , there are many famous titles such as "Angry" , "Metal Slug" , and "Athena" and "Psycho Soldier" * . I'd like to do something about that as well.

* All of these titles are lined up in "Arcade Archives" and "Akeaka NEOGEO" , so both nostalgic and anxious people are welcome.

4Gamer:
 You can reach that point. I'm a little happy.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. I'm thinking of stretching where it can be stretched.

"Sasuke vs Commander", an arcade game machine released by Shin Nihon Kikaku (later SNK) in 1980. In 2020, "Arcade Archives Sasuke VS Commander" was released for PS4 / Switch.
Thumbnail of image collection # 026 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
4Gamer:
 Then by all means , "Sasuke vs Commander" ...

Mr. Oda:
 Do you go that far?

Mr. Kuroki: It's
 pretty (laughs).

4Gamer:
 It was novel that the defeated enemy became a weapon. I liked it a lot when I was a kid.
 But it was good. After all, I think there is a little concern that SNK will change if almost all of it is bought by foreign capital.

Mr. Oda:
 What does that mean?

4Gamer:
 Where are we going to SNK?

Mr. Oda:
 Ah, yes, yes. But I don't feel like I bought it with that intention. If anything, it's more like returning to the original SNK tic (laughs).

4Gamer:
 That's right. In the first place, it's a fairly high brand over there.

Mr. Oda:
 It was the time of NEOGEO.
 So, rather, they feel like a core SNK fan.

4Gamer:
 You mentioned a new business with IP earlier, but it's probably quite worldwide, though you're taking on a lot of challenges with IP in Japan as well. Something like a otome game. ...... It seems that it was something of KOF ....

Thumbnail of image collection # 014 / SNK 2nd founding period "Osaka development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

Mr. Kuroki:
 "SNK GALS'FIGHTERS" * Maybe.

* A setting where various female characters appearing in SNK games (not limited to martial arts games) gather to hold a fighting tournament. It was a title exclusively for Neo Geo Pocket Color (nostalgic!), But it was ported to Nintendo Switch in recent years.

4Gamer:
 No, it felt more like a otome game.

Mr. Oda:
 Oh, I understand. "THE KING OF FIGHTERS for GIRLS" * .

* It was written in 4Gamer that "a handsome fighter training app game where you can enjoy the friendship and love between the male characters appearing in SNK's fighting game" THE KING OF FIGHTERS "and the original heroine." At that time, I thought, "What?"

4Gamer:
 I thought that something amazing came out, when I saw it.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That kind of thing may not come out from us. I think it's interesting, but I don't think it's interesting even if we make it (laughs).

4Gamer:
 But I'm sure he recalled hoping for a royal road that wasn't like that.

I want people who are buried in a large number of people and unable to exert their strength to come to SNK.

4Gamer:
 Do you have any policy regarding IP?

Thumbnail of image collection # 015 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 Yes, I'm thinking about 3 patterns.
 For example, I think we will continue to create our titles, such as KOF, as they are. The exact opposite is the new IP. I think this will happen on a zero basis.
 In the middle ... what do you mean, I think there is something like cooking past IPs in a different way, such as the genre, the game system, and the way of playing.

4Gamer:
 Make a different one by making the best use of IP.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. For example, there used to be an RPG for "Samurai Spirits".

4Gamer:
 Yes, there was.

"Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Samurai Retsuden" contains two stories, "Evil Ten Advent" based on the first Samurai Shodown and "Youka Dokoku" based on Shinsetsu Samurai, and is the first royal road RPG in the series. A work that attracted a lot of attention as
Thumbnail of image collection # 016 / SNK 2nd founding period "Osaka development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

Mr. Oda:
 I wondered if there was such a way of thinking. It feels like little by little from where I can do it.

4Gamer:
 Right now, I thought, "I think it's like Samurai's battle royale," but that's exactly what it is. Perhaps that "utilizing IP" is not limited to games ...?

Mr. Oda:
 No, it's basically a game as far as we can. I think other divisions will do something else.

4Gamer:
 For example, animation.

Mr. Oda:
 I see. A long time ago, there was a pattern like playing a special program with the liveliness of a new work. I think it would be interesting to do that again.

4Gamer:
 What kind of feeling do you think of cooperation with Tokyo in advancing such things?

Mr. Oda:
 I think that the core of development works on each, but I still share what I can share.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's right. We also share information at the field level. As I said earlier, Osaka was also in a state where no one was there when we came.

4Gamer:
 Yes.

Mr. Kuroki:
 So, I really understand the feelings of everyone at the Tokyo studio today.
 Well, I don't think I'm really aware of Tokyo or Osaka inside the company.

Thumbnail of image collection # 018 / SNK 2nd founding period "Osaka development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 That's right. Almost everyone is remote now, so there are no people in Osaka (laughs).

4Gamer:
 It's hard to notice when you don't occupy a place remotely, but there are still not enough people in Osaka.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. With 100 people, I think the limit is 2 even if you can run.

4Gamer:
 How much do you feel you are aiming for?

Mr. Oda:
 I want to increase it to the limit, but I think there is capacity on the receiving side as well. While watching the situation for a while ... About 20% each?

4Gamer:
 I'm increasing quite a lot.

Mr. Oda:
 I wish I could increase it to about MAX400, yes. If we can advance the number of people, we can move ahead of what we can do.

4Gamer:
 But there aren't any human resources these days.

Mr. Oda:
 No, really ...

Mr. Kuroki:
 But good people have come to pick me up, at the site.

4Gamer:
 What? Are you relatively young?

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. The number of new graduates who come to receive it has increased at once.

Mr. Kuroki:
 It has increased tremendously. I think it's because many people worked hard, but last year it wasn't that far. The number of people is obviously increasing this year, so I wonder if something is happening somewhere (laughs).

4Gamer:
 Do you know what happened?

Mr. Kuroki:
 No, not at all (laughs). I'm sure that various people, including personnel, are doing their best in each area.

Mr. Oda:
 I'm interviewing while I'm almost crying.

4Gamer:
 I'm sorry if I say that, but the strong contact between the young child and SNK doesn't come to my mind ... Can you think of anything?

Mr. Oda:
 Not really (laughs).

Mr. Kuroki:
 However, I really like school teachers.

4Gamer:
 Ah, generationally.

Mr. Kuroki:
 When I go to school, I feel more excited than the students. No, I'm surprised.

4Gamer:
 If you're a new graduate, maybe your parents are the same.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 What kind of person do you want?

Mr. Oda:
 Anyone who is interested in SNK and comes to work feels like it.

Mr. Kuroki:
 No, let's say something a little more (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 I would like all occupations to come. If you're in the middle of thinking about changing jobs, you'll have more and more opportunities to demonstrate your abilities.

4Gamer:
 Is it a welcome at all in the back office?

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 Who is a mid-career person?

Mr. Oda:
 I think there are various companies, but I don't know ... For those who are a little annoyed now, SNK is definitely perfect.

4Gamer:
 Do you mean that you can take on various challenges?

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's right. I think people who are buried in a large number of people and can't exert their strength, or maybe if they come to SNK, they will be able to fully demonstrate their abilities.

Thumbnail of image collection # 017 / SNK 2nd founding period "Osaka development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

4Gamer:
 Why is that?

Mr. Kuroki:
 I'm leaving more and more important things to me. Whether you are a mid-career or a young child.

4Gamer:
 Doesn't it mean that it's not a vertically divided and solid organization?

Mr. Oda:
 The upper and lower structures that are common in companies are very thin. No ... it's not so thin (laughs).

Mr. Kuroki:
 There aren't many job titles, right? When I'm above me, I'm Oda or Abe * , and I have only one or two positions under me.

* Naoto Abe is a veteran designer of SNK. Older than Mr. Oda and Mr. Kuroki ... should be

4Gamer:
 I see. That is ... I think it's okay to push it a little harder. I think it will be quite attractive.

Mr. Oda:
 Well, the staff has become quite global these days, so if you talk about that, there aren't many things like the concept of seniors and juniors.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I don't think it's true.

4Gamer:
 To put it simply, it's like letting younger children do various things.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I agree. We've seen quite a few companies, but maybe the way a company like SNK is a little unusual. Do you want to do this at this age when you come in? There may be something like that.

4Gamer:
 Is there any example you can write in the article?

Mr. Kuroki:
 For example, there are many popular characters in KOF such as Hunger Wolf, but usually such popular characters are made by veterans.

4Gamer:
 Yes, that's right.

Mr. Kuroki:
 But at SNK, for example, KOF's Rock Howard is made by a child in the third or fourth year, and seniors take care of it.

Rock Howard from "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV" DLC, "Fatal Fury MotW Team" delivered in March this year
Thumbnail of image collection # 019 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

4Gamer:
 It's a kind of OJT.

Mr. Kuroki:
 Well, that's right (laughs). However, if I experience one such thing, I will be able to do higher work from the next time, and at least I am not so particular about such common sense. For those who want to do it or who can do it, it's a form of steadily turning to work.

4Gamer:
 It's amazing, but it seems that the person who finally puts it together is a little difficult.

Mr. Kuroki:
 Well, that's something we have to do.

4Gamer:
 But I'll let you do that.

Mr. Kuroki:
 There are many patterns in which I have to become a veteran to some extent in my experience, such as interacting with external companies, but in the case of our company, I would like to experience such things from an early stage. There is also.

4Gamer:
 Maybe there are people who follow hard.

Mr. Kuroki:
 Of course (laughs). Is it like each other?

4Gamer:
 No, I understand. If you don't have someone to follow, you'll never turn around, but it's nice to do that.

Mr. Oda:
 Yeah, that's right. After all, in development, the title of director is the top. In the field, I want the director to be as young as possible. I thought it would be better if the "director period" was long.

4Gamer:
 Well, even in the last interview, all the people in the Tokyo group said that SNK's internal system is rare.

Mr. Oda:
 (Towards Tokyogumi) Is that so?

(Nods all at once in Tokyogumi)

4Gamer:
It  's hard to do that, everyone said in unison.

Two:
 Is that so (laughs)?

Younger children these days are really smarter than they were

Thumbnail of image collection # 025 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
4Gamer:
 Well, the color of such a company is what makes SNK today, and I want you to take good care of it.

Mr. Kuroki:
 Well, we have been treated like that by our seniors.

4Gamer:
Is it  an old SNK?

Mr. Kuroki:
 Yes.

4Gamer:
 That's right.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I was assigned a bigger job, so I think that kind of thing is becoming more common.

Mr. Oda:
 Oh, but ... I'm 50 years old now. But when we entered SNK in the old days when we were about 20 years old, there was no one in development who was 50 years old.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I didn't say that (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 The top was about 30 or so, so I think everyone was really doing it as a club activity.

Mr. Kuroki:
That's  true ... To be honest, at that time, 30 people already ...

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. The uncle is ...

Mr. Kuroki:
 I was thinking ... I'm far beyond my boss at that time, so I wonder how newcomers are looking at me (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 I'm still young when I'm 30 years old.

4Gamer:
 I've always been in the media, but when I was a new graduate and became an editor of a magazine, the editor-in-chief at that time was 34 years old. At that time, I thought, "Wow, I'm an adult ..." By the way.

Mr. Oda:
That's  right (laughs). And because they were all young, they were all crazy. It's always like something happens immediately (laughs).

Kuroki:
 It's just you, not everyone (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 No, no, no, isn't it?

4Gamer:
 When I read the interview with Mr. Oda that was on my page the other day, he said that he thought it would be good to eat for about 5 years, but for that reason he was crazy (laughs).

Related article

Video game storytellers Part 16: SNK makes a leap forward by adding new power to tradition. The future is being made now

Video game storytellers Part 16: SNK makes a leap forward by adding new power to tradition.  The future is being made now

Fumio Kurokawa, a media content researcher, looks back on the people and places that should be recorded and memorized in the history of video games, "Video Game Narratives" . Continuing from the previous time, we asked SNK officials to talk about the back side of the revival of "KOF" and the future that the company is aiming for.

Mr. Kuroki:
 It was the most pointed, in my synchronization.

4Gamer:
 That's what it is now.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I can't believe it.

4Gamer:
 Well, in the past, there was little information, and there was a section where I chose a company just by the momentum, but nowadays I can understand any information, and I can understand it because I interview myself, but welfare etc. Some young children are concerned about stability.
 As far as I've heard the story so far, there is an atmosphere where many children like the former are likely to jump in.

Mr. Oda:
 No, I would like both to come.

4Gamer:
 But on the flip side of this feature, people who have nothing to do seem to be crazy.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I don't think people who don't want to do it will come in the first place, so it's probably okay!

4Gamer:
 Maybe they both have an interview?

Mr. Oda:
 I'm doing it, do your best. While saying with Mr. Fujishige * every day, "Our salary comes out at the interview!"

* Mr. Kazuhiro Fujishige, General Manager of SNK Second Software Development Division, who appeared in the previous interview . During this interview, he was listening to the story while grinning in a place that was not reflected in the camera

(everyone laughs)

Mr. Oda:
 There are days when I only have an interview.

4Gamer:
 You're doing that much.

Mr. Oda:
 When I have a lot, I talk so much that I don't want to meet anyone anymore today.

Mr. Kuroki:
 There are many these days.

4Gamer:
 Do you have any characteristics for people who come to the interview recently?

Mr. Oda:
 Well, I think everyone is smart because I'm compared to when I was younger (laughs).

Mr. Kuroki:
 I really think that (laughs). It's really solid, isn't it?

4Gamer:
 I understand something.

Mr. Oda:
 It was around the age of 30 that I started to speak the words they were talking about in an interview. You can talk about very difficult things.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I'm thrilled when asked.

4Gamer:
 Are you still young and still thinking about that? I think.

Mr. Oda:
 When I was in elementary school, Gunpla became popular. At that time, I was seriously making a plastic model of Gundam, but I'm still doing the same thing. When I notice it, I sometimes think "serious". I'm 50 and I'm still doing the same thing.

4Gamer:
 No, it's a job (laughs). But really, young children are smart now ...

Mr. Oda:
It's  just an image, but at that time we could only speak in hiragana. All the new graduates who come to receive it speak in Chinese characters. Moreover, the sentences are long.

Mr. Kuroki:
 It's quick to learn work.

Mr. Oda:
 I wish I could become this person's boss once in a while.

Thumbnail of image collection # 010 / SNK 2nd founding period "Osaka development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Kuroki:
 At the interview, I made a note saying, "I see, I think that way" (laughs).

4Gamer:
 By the way, what do you value?

Mr. Oda:
 Right now, I'm trying to get really diverse human resources, so first of all, I'm focusing on the possibility of working with everyone. After that, I thought it would be better to have various types of people really join us.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I think it would be nice if there were some strengths. If there are only sharp people, development will be messed up ...

Mr. Oda:
 That's just like when we were there.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's right (laughs). I think it's better to have various colors now.

4Gamer:
 People with sharp points tend to be small and organized if they don't have a few people, but when the percentage exceeds a certain percentage, the organization becomes more and more ...

Mr. Kuroki:
That's  right (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 Well, as I said earlier, experienced people have a chance to come now, no matter how conservative. If you want to express yourself, please do.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I'll go if I ask now.

Mr. Oda:
 Recently, the number of big works has increased, and I spend 4 or 5 years on development to make one work. Then, after that, if you try to do the same group next time, and if the director A at that time is the same director A next time, there is no chance for those who think that I can do better. Isn't that the case? SNK can prepare that chance.

4Gamer:
 I always think when talking to people in the industry, for example, if it takes 3 years to develop each one, even if you work exactly for 10 years, only 3 can be involved. If you're not good at it, you can get 2 or if it's canceled halfway, you can get 0. I thought it might be much more difficult to build up my career than in the past.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 So, I like the story like now.

Mr. Kuroki:
 If you don't grow up early, we will reach retirement age.

4Gamer:
 In 10 years, we can make 3 of them.

Mr. Oda:
 Yeah? ……Yes, that's right.

4Gamer:
 That? Maybe in parallel?

Mr. Oda:
 Right now, there is an operation after the release. It's harder to get rid of than it used to be (laughs).

4Gamer:
 It's certainly not the end of the sale.

Mr. Oda:
 That's why there is no opportunity to launch a master-up. It used to happen every time.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's right.

Mr. Oda:
 I don't even know when it will end.

Mr. Kuroki:
 When the next project starts, some people will drop out. It feels like the number of people is decreasing before I know it, so there is no sign that it will end.

Mr. Oda:
 If you don't ask how long you should continue practicing this game, it will end there when you say, "Even if you play this game anymore, there is no future."

4Gamer:
 That wasn't the case in the past.

Mr. Oda:
 In the old days. Well, we were an arcade, so we have to release the ROMs in the MVS chassis one after another. I can say it now, but the sales staff told me that I would be in trouble if I had a long breath (laughs).

Thumbnail of image collection # 021 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

4Gamer:
 I understand what you mean (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 Of course, the shop staff would be happy if they could make long-lived software.

4Gamer: Our
 staff also have Pokemon, FF7, and many laps, but they haven't made any financial contribution to the industry at all (laughs).
 I used to do paper magazines, but paper magazines used to do nothing for about a week after the end of hell, but there was no such thing on the Web. , I feel like I'm doing it all the time non-stop.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I want the end. So is development.

4Gamer:
 I want a line that says it's over here.
 But yeah, of course, the team doesn't suddenly disappear after the release.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's right.

4Gamer:
 That is, the more things you put out, the more people you have?

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. Also, the development environment must always be left, so there is such physical difficulty.

Mr. Kuroki:
 This is a simple story, but it's really hard (laughs).

4Gamer:
 That's right ... In the old days, when you mastered up, it seemed like everyone went out for a drink?

Mr. Oda:
 I agree. Well, it's not so good for generations and generations ... I wonder if it's not so good to invite them to drink, so if I don't prepare a drinking party from here, there are many people who want to go unexpectedly these days. It turned out.

4Gamer: It
 turns out (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 But I wonder if it's okay to talk to me ... I wonder if it will be harassment ...

4Gamer:
 I'm also worried about this, harassment.

Mr. Kuroki:
 I'm completely worried about my uncle.

4Gamer:
 I often hesitate to say whether this is good or bad.

Osaka, which does not aim for a "beautiful circle," will focus on utilizing existing IP

4Gamer:
 But back to the story, we will continue to move forward with both new big IPs and existing IPs.

Mr. Oda:
 Osaka seems to put more weight on existing IPs. What kind of development can be done on that?

4Gamer:
 It's fine to aim for 400 people in the main mission.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right. I have a lot of assets.

4Gamer:
 There are quite a few. But are you thinking of doing almost everything?

Mr. Oda:
 No, give priority to it. After all, there are quite a lot of minor titles. We will start with the major titles.

4Gamer:
 From the major title. I see. There is a borderline between major and non-major somewhere.

Mr. Oda:
 There are a lot of titles that are located on the hit line, maybe because they are borders (laughs).

4Gamer:
 By the way, I'm really curious about which area corresponds to that (laughs).

"The Last Blade of the Edo Period"
Thumbnail of image collection # 024 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 Well, this depends on the person ...

4Gamer:
 Yes.

Mr. Oda:
 For example, "The Last Blade".

4Gamer:
 Yes.

Mr. Oda:
 That is a title on the hit line for me, but for some people this is an unusually high priority. Higher than KOF.

Thumbnail of image collection # 022 / SNK The goal of "Osaka Development" in the 2nd founding period is to make use of existing IP to achieve further development.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation

4Gamer:
 I understand because I liked it a little too.

Mr. Oda:
 There are quite a few titles that have people with strong feelings, so I think it's really dangerous if you don't handle them carefully.

4Gamer:
 By the way, how do you decide at the end?

Mr. Oda:
 No, at the end it was arbitrary (laughs). Well, while listening to the opinions of various people.

4Gamer:
 It's hard to say that this is a majority vote. Of course, since it is a business, numbers are important, but I feel that it is not good to decide by majority vote.

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.
 The original way of making it was really like intuition and spirit.

4Gamer:
 That's right (laughs).

Mr. Oda:
 That's what ...
 That's it. Do you know "BURIKI ONE" ?

4Gamer:
 "BURIKI ONE"? I'm sorry you may not know ...

Mr. Oda:
 It was a mysterious fighting game where you move with the left button and attack with the right lever.

4Gamer:
 Oh! That's it.

Mr. Oda:
 I think everyone is drinking alcohol when making this (laughs).

4Gamer:
 Who thought it (laughs).

Mr. Kuroki:
 I get angry when I say so much (laughs).

4Gamer:
 I think it's amazing that it has been commercialized, that.

Mr. Kuroki:
 It's a legendary game in many ways.

Mr. Oda:
 Recently, I can get various data properly, so I can do it to some extent. Can I talk about "FATAL FURY 3"?

4Gamer: By all
 means.

Mr. Oda:
 There is "FATAL FURY 3" in the "FATAL FURY" series. Well, we were also involved, but at that time I wondered if it failed in terms of business. And there is a line movement in the hungry wolf, like the line in the back and the line in the front. Is it like while expressing a little three-dimensional effect?

4Gamer:
 Yes. The three-dimensional effect of 2D fighting was expressed by that.

Thumbnail of image collection # 009 / SNK 2nd Founding period "Osaka Development" aims to achieve further development by making use of existing IP.  Let's ask two keymen about the situation
Mr. Oda:
 So, Fatal Fury 2 was playing with two lines in the back and in front, so I said that Fatal Fury 3 had three lines, so I increased it to three. I was thinking that I was stupid.

Mr. Kuroki:
It's  time to stop doing that (laughs).

(Everyone laughs)

Mr. Oda:
 When I thought about how to operate it, I couldn't really operate it. It was fun, wasn't it? It was fun, but ... Well, at that time, everyone thought it was good.

Mr. Kuroki:
 Not to mention the time when 3D games started to appear. I think I had a longing for it, I'm sure.

4Gamer:
 Well, line movement is a royal road, isn't it?

Mr. Kuroki:
 It's a hassle to make, that.

4Gamer:
 What is the main area?

Mr. Oda:
It's  just an angle that makes the picture look uncool.

4Gamer:
 Ah, I see.

Mr. Oda:
 It was very difficult to draw pixel art. I made it while fighting for another half.

4Gamer:
 But as with the story of "The Last Blade" earlier, IP was not measured by KPI in the old days of enthusiasm, so it is better not to decide numerically in the same way. I feel like it's good.

Mr. Oda:
 You couldn't use it because you couldn't get it. There are good and bad things.

4Gamer:
 Of course. However, if I decide everything by numbers, I feel that such strange things and things with taste will drop steadily.

Mr. Oda:
 Certainly. It just becomes more and more "beautiful circles".

4Gamer:
 The data is also painful and itchy. Therefore, I would like SNK to emphasize both.

Mr. Kuroki:
 That's why I want various people. Some people say strange things.

4Gamer:
 Then, while recruiting activities including such parts, the activities in Osaka will become more active after this!

Mr. Oda:
 That's right.

Mr. Kuroki:
 People who can't help but want to make something are waiting for you.

4Gamer:
 Thank you.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This evening, we are with Chris from Phoenix Splash Gaming and Arts. Here we see him discussing about The Neo Geo Pocket Collection Vol.1 on the Nintendo Switch. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Welcome to another pocket talk. In this episode I will talk about the Neo Geo Pocket Collection volume 1! I will talk about what you can do in this unique emulator, and also let you in on a sneak peak into the future!! If you are watching, I hope you love the Neo Geo Pocket as much as me!! Show your love to the Neo Geo Pocket by commenting below. Let SNK know we want more of these games rereleased! Don't let the Neo Geo Pocket games stay in the shadows of emulation! SNK are rereleasing more games as we speak!! They better not stop!!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より6月24日まで新イベント「LOST MEMORIES」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「インパクトキャノン」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220617_01kj63d.html
[MSA Notice] A new event "LOST MEMORIES" is being held from today to June 24th! Clear the stage and get "Impact Cannon"! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220617_01kj63d.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 設定資料】 新規ユニット「ネヴィ(覇軍の策謀)」のキャラクター設定資料を公開! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック
[MSA setting material] The character setting material for the new unit "Nevi" has been released! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「ネヴィ(覇軍の策謀)」を追加しました! 6月24日まで開放されるキャンペーンボックスクランクから獲得できます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220616_04h2j2t.html
[MSA update information] A new unit "Nevi" has been added! You can get it from the campaign box crank that will be open until June 24th! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220616_04h2j2t.html

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A special small batch of VMC Only #NeoBiosMasta's will be available this Tuesday at 10AM PST. "VMC Only" means your system must already have the original stock SNK bios or have a Unibios soldered directly to the motherboard. #NeoGeo

Anthony...