IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Check out the playable demo of Demons of Asteborg DX for the #GameboyAdvance with Corey and Mike, two professional pixel artists and game designers. WARNING: This is a vary biased play through!  #GBA #NeoGeo #RetroGaming #RetroGames #DemonsOfAsteborg https://youtu.be/vSkuS5p-lsc

From the description
In this VERY BIASED play-through, Corey and Mike, two veteran professional pixel artist/game designers check out and discuss the new Demons of Asteborg DX demo for the Gameboy Advance that NeoFid recently released as part of their Indiegogo campaign, which ends in a little over a day from the time we posted this video!
If you want to support NeoFid as they create great retro games for beloved classic systems, and get Demons of Asteborg DX for the Gameboy Advance or for the NeoGeo, back their Indiegogo campaign here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/de...
You can download the same demo you see us playing in this video from here: https://neofidstudios.itch.io/demons-...
You can learn more about our own retro game projects here: https://bitbeamcannon.com/ 

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from our pal @ShadowGangs with Shadow Gangs. :)

Very first discount of Shadow Gangs on the Epic store. 40% off:

Anthony..

Hi guys,

And another from @ShadowGangs with Shadow Gangs Zero for the Neo-Geo. :)

Will use these in level, also will have Dan walk on top and middle of them. I was thinking to add health pickups to replenish health, as the levels will be bigger than original SG. What do you guys think about it? blasphemy? or good? More relaxed play in SG Zero planned.

Anthony...

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

Thank you for the offer Mike. But I have that game in the collection. I appreciate you doing this for me, but that would be greedy and would rather see it in the hands to someone who doesn't have it. Maybe @shane857 @Dopy25 or @-^CrossBow^- would like it. :)

Anthony...

@shane857 Would you like a free copy of Nam 1975 for your Neo-Geo CD? It works on the single-speed Top Loader, not the CDZ. I found a copy that works. Send your mailing address via PM, and I’ll send it out. It’s on me, man. No need to pay anything. This copy has no place in my collection, if I can’t play it.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Thank you for the offer Mike. But I have that game in the collection. I appreciate you doing this for me, but that would be greedy and would rather see it in the hands to someone who doesn't have it. Maybe @shane857 @Dopy25 or @-^CrossBow^- would like it. :)

Anthony...

Yes, I agree. I have a copied version which works until I can buy an original. Cheaper for you to give it to somebody in the US bro. 👍

• Like 1

Been playing Big Tournament Golf today(copy) great arcade golf game. The original is £400+ to buy!

It would be so cool if SNK re-released all the CD games at an affordable price. I know that probably will unlikely happen thou. 😔

NEO-GEO Wiki

Is there a chance for a re-release of some CD games?

I don't really think so. Re-releasing a couple of sought-after CD titles wouldn't be too expensive or labor-intensive, but even in the market niche that is called Neo Geo, there's an even smaller niche called Neo Geo CD - in other words, the demand would be even smaller than for a cart re-release, so chances are very low that SNK/Playmore would do us the favor.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Been playing Big Tournament Golf today(copy) great arcade golf game. The original is £400+ to buy!

It would be so cool if SNK re-released all the CD games at an affordable price. I know that probably will unlikely happen thou. 😔

NEO-GEO Wiki

Is there a chance for a re-release of some CD games?

I don't really think so. Re-releasing a couple of sought-after CD titles wouldn't be too expensive or labor-intensive, but even in the market niche that is called Neo Geo, there's an even smaller niche called Neo Geo CD - in other words, the demand would be even smaller than for a cart re-release, so chances are very low that SNK/Playmore would do us the favor.

A lot of companies have rereleased their old games for NES, SNES and Mega Drive, so I don't think it would be impossible for SNK to do something similar, they just need to know that there is a public that is willing to buy it, just like Atari.

• Like 3

@ColecoGamer I completely understand it going to Shane or Anthony, but if they pass, and you decide I would be worthy of such a spectacular gift, I would cherish it in my collection. I understand it being a reproduction, but it's still a super cool topic of conversation. I'm still waiting on my first official game. I ordered King of Fighters from Japan so it's taking some time. Crazy overall, because my NGCD came in less than 5 days.

Once I get a game in and can have some input for this thread, I should be posting a lot more. haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

@ColecoGamer I completely understand it going to Shane or Anthony, but if they pass, and you decide I would be worthy of such a spectacular gift, I would cherish it in my collection. I understand it being a reproduction, but it's still a super cool topic of conversation. I'm still waiting on my first official game. I ordered King of Fighters from Japan so it's taking some time. Crazy overall, because my NGCD came in less than 5 days.

Once I get a game in and can have some input for this thread, I should be posting a lot more. haha

You can have it, Dopy. Shane doesn’t want it and Anthony already has an original copy. As long as you own a single-speed unit, the game will work fine. Free of charge, of course.

if you can provide your shipping details via p.m. tonight, I’ll mail it out tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

You can have it, Dopy. Shane doesn’t want it and Anthony already has an original copy. As long as you own a single-speed unit, the game will work fine. Free of charge, of course.

if you can provide your shipping details via p.m. tonight, I’ll mail it out tomorrow.

Hi Dopy,

You're welcome to have it brother man. I have one in the collection and mentioned to Mike it's  better off to a member that would benefit it more. Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Hey thank you so much! I look forward to playing it. 

I just got my power cable in the mail today so I'll be working on that in the meantime. 

Definitely appreciating all the love in this thread

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

I just got my power cable in the mail today so I'll be working on that in the meantime. 

Ah! Great to know Dopey. I really would like to see the end results towards it. :)

You're welcome brother man. Glad to have you aboard and always a pleasure to read your postings that you share with us here on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout AtariAge. Can't wait to see your need title you purchase soon for your unit for sure. :)

Thinking of adding a Neo Geo Pocket Color to your collection Dopy? Such an underrated handheld unit with fantastic games to play. Maybe @shane857 and our friend @Reloaded85x would like to add that handheld to the collection as well. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

What do you think our heroes (Candy, Golem & Loony) are up to in this wonderful sneak peek of one of the newest cutscenes in Vengeance Hunters? 1. Beat a boss and moving on 2. A jog in the wastelands 3. Chasing an ice-cream truck

Anthony...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Check your private messages. NAM 75 is on it’s way!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Ah! Great to know Dopey. I really would like to see the end results towards it. :)

You're welcome brother man. Glad to have you aboard and always a pleasure to read your postings that you share with us here on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout AtariAge. Can't wait to see your need title you purchase soon for your unit for sure. :)

Thinking of adding a Neo Geo Pocket Color to your collection Dopy? Such an underrated handheld unit with fantastic games to play. Maybe @shane857 and our friend @Reloaded85x would like to add that handheld to the collection as well. :)

Anthony...

Very interesting handheld. I have a few handhelds in my collection like the psp, a gameboy advance sp, with lps screen mod and an evercade. Maybe I'll pick one up in the future... I mainly play games on consoles now thou as apposed to handhelds.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Very interesting handheld. I have a few handhelds in my collection like the psp, a gameboy advance sp, with lps screen mod and an evercade. Maybe I'll pick one up in the future... I mainly play games on consoles now thou as apposed to handhelds.

Glad you like the NGPC Shane. We would be thrilled to see you have that gem of a unit in your collection. Quite a nice selection of different colored units to have with a nice library of games for sure. :)

Anthony...

On 4/16/2024 at 4:37 AM, kincadegaming said:

Hi All,

Just saw a great post from @Charlie Cat on X, decided to contribute. Located in Australia, have a complete MVS set with a few Neo Candy cabs. Recently uploaded a video on Mavas collecting. Hope you guys will watch and and get something out of it. Enjoy. 

Hi Kon,

Welcome to The Official NEO-GEO Thread here on the forums here on AtariAge.com. Were glad that you became a new member and looking forward to see you post away here on the thread and throughout AtariAge kind sir. Welcome aboard to the group. :)

What a fantastic upload that you shared with us Kon. We will certainly be keeping this video in our mind for reference and its so well made and thought-out that I have to say that the guide is the best I've seen in quite a while. So glad you came by to share this with us. Everything is so informative to benefit us in the Neo-Geo community. Thank you for dedicating your time on doing so. This really is a masterpiece done by you. :)

If you like Kon, feel free to post your Neo-Geo or SNK related works on te Neo-Geo thread as much as you wish bro. We welcome it with open arms and would love to listen in on more on what you have to say. Thank you for sharing this with us Kon. Looking forward on seeing you post away wit us as much a youlike brother man. :)

Anthony... 

14 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Anthony...

I have a NeoGeo Pocket! It was actually my first introduction to NeoGeo hardware. I bought it here on AA from the marketplace forum. I love it!

My cable with the proprietary plug end showed up yesterday. I will definitely post the end result once it's complete. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Kon,

Welcome to The Official NEO-GEO Thread here on the forums here on AtariAge.com. Were glad that you became a new member and looking forward to see you post away here on the thread and throughout AtariAge kind sir. Welcome aboard to the group. :)

What a fantastic upload that you shared with us Kon. We will certainly be keeping this video in our mind for reference and its so well made and thought-out that I have to say that the guide is the best I've seen in quite a while. So glad you came by to share this with us. Everything is so informative to benefit us in the Neo-Geo community. Thank you for dedicating your time on doing so. This really is a masterpiece done by you. :)

If you like Kon, feel free to post your Neo-Geo or SNK related works on te Neo-Geo thread as much as you wish bro. We welcome it with open arms and would love to listen in on more on what you have to say. Thank you for sharing this with us Kon. Looking forward on seeing you post away wit us as much a youlike brother man. :)

Anthony... 

Thanks so much Anthony appreciate the support and kind words, been active in the shadows but a strong collector of MVS for years, hoping to share the NeoGeo love with the masses. Glad to be part of the group here.