IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

4 hours ago, SpicedUp! said:

Hi Everyone! Sorry about my forum name - I regret choosing that now ?

Charlie Cat kindly invited me here to tell you about our new Neo Geo forum. Neo Geo Forever is the new home to the community from the now sadly closed NeoGeoForLife (NG4L) site. We aim to offer the same friendly feel as that site - where you can talk about Neo Geo, compete in high score challenges, play game tournaments or chat on our discord channel.

qWGA7XB.png

Website Link : Neo Geo Forever

Neo Geo Forever Twitter Account

The forum is very new (just a few weeks) so some of these features are still under construction. We also hope to get many of the magazine scans, games manuals, and games reviews that were on the NG4L site up on the new one. Fortunately many of us (myself included) still have the old scans lurking on our old storage devices! Anyone is welcome to join, you don't even need to own a Neo Geo - you can just be interested in the system or indeed SNK itself. We talk about all games on there and even random things like food or tattoos

I do have a bit of background in Atari myself since I was an Atari Jaguar owner. I regret selling that now but particularly liked how many of the 3D games were the next step in evolution on from what you got on the ST and the Amiga. E.g. Iron Soldier, Cybermorph etc It always felt like most of the Playstation 3D games went a different route. Also this last few months I have been playing Atari 2600 and Lynx games on my Evercade. Adventure being a particular favourite. Classic!

Best wishes and a big thank you to Charlie Cat - Riko (from NGF)

Hi Riko,

Thank you for stopping by and welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. Please enjoy your stay and have fun browsing through the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread. We hope it will be to your liking and excellent to have a NeoGeoForLife representative member over with us. Will be glad yo help you with any questions or concerns that you have. 

Nice that you continued on with a new forum with NeoGeoForever. Will be thrilled to browse all that you offer and seeing the latest and greatest from you and the members on your forums. Thank you for all that you done in the community over the years Riko. The content that you and the NG4L forum had to offer is legendary. We wish you and the NeoGeoForever forum all the best and to just just a successful its predecessor.....

Great to see that you also have a profile here as well and happy that you enjoy the many Atari products as well. I like the Jaguar, the Lynx, the 2600, and the Atari ST. Excellent choices and have those three in the collection. 

Thank you for posting with us Riko. Always a pleasure to see you posting away and contributing to the Neo-Geo community kind sir. Keep up the great work and see you soon on the Neo-Geo thread bro. :)

Anthony.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

One more day till Valentine's day! Only 18 entries on the original post, retweet the original post and have a chance to have your console built in next week's wave and get a free video cable with your build! #OMVS #NeoGeo

Quote Tweet

oeDQlBfR_mini.jpgAvi-CE @avramce · Feb 7

Valentine's Day is a week away! Let's see if I can make your day with a raffle! If you pre-ordered on http://taitoc.org, hit me up with a follow and retweet for a chance to bump to the front queue and your choice of a HD RetroVision, RGC component or RAD2X! #neogeo #omvs
Show this thread

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

After posting yesterday that the NAM-1975 guy looked a lot like Luke Skywalker. NGF member Murikov has pointed out to me that he actually *is* Mark Hamill from the movie "The Big Red One" from 1980! #SNK #NeoGeo #Retrogaming

Anthony..

• Like 5

On 2/8/2021 at 10:41 PM, fdurso224 said:

OH WOW!:-o :-o :-o

This looks great Darrin! Glad you purchased a CMVS unit to have in your collection. What did you think of it bro. Would you recommend others on buying one to have for themselves? Was this one off Alibaba's website?

Anthony.. 

Hey Anthony! I would recommend these. they are well built, look and work really well!  I bought it thru amazon from Time Harvest Limited. No problems fast shipping! the price is a bit high but I had a couple amazon gift cards so It knocked the price down..

Darrin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darrin9999 said:

Hey Anthony! I would recommend these. they are well built, look and work really well!  I bought it thru amazon from Time Harvest Limited. No problems fast shipping! the price is a bit high but I had a couple amazon gift cards so It knocked the price down..

Darrin

Sounds great Darrin. I like this unit of yours and looks well made for sure. Great that you purchased it off Amazon. I never thought about looking for Neo-Geo goodies on their site. It give me an idea and will keep it in mind. Thank you for the reply bro. Always a pleasure to have you on and posting with us Darrin. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より2月16日まで新イベント「Because of Love」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「グレートネスト」や「飛行リザードインベーダー」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210209_01t4ux9.html

Translated from Japanese by

[MSA Notice] A new event "Because of Love" is being held from today to February 16th! Clear the stage and get "Great Nest" and "Flying Lizard Invaders"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210209_01t4ux9.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 2月15日までモーデン軍復刻キャンペーンボックスクランクを開催! 「カタリナ/エマ(覇軍の策謀)/パドワ」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210213_01u0fz8.html

[MSA update information] Morden Army Reprint Campaign Box Crank will be held until February 15th! You can get "Katarina / Emma (Army's plot) / Padua"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210213_01u0fz8.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

大型アップデート紹介1/6 2021年2月25日に予定している大型アップデート情報を先行公開! 第一弾は「ANNIVERSARY CRANK」 お楽しみにお待ちください! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック

Major update introduction 1/6 Pre-release of major update information scheduled for February 25, 2021! The first is "ANNIVERSARY CRANK" Please look forward to it! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック

Anthony..

22 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Maybe I can give a helping hand Steve, if another batch of the NeoSaveMasta comes out, I can try to hold on for one reserve and can mail it out for you if you like bro. :)

Anthony...

Damn dude, that would be excellent! Thanks!

I went to Akiba today.

Pic_0214_550.thumb.jpg.acda615fa61452fb74594f01b70c365c.jpg

I also found something that I never expected to find: a Hyper Neo Geo 64. It was in a set with Garou Densetsu Wild Ambition for 46000 yen or so. Can't afford that, don't have a way to connect it, and don't really want it, but it's really cool to actually see a real one given how rare they are.

• Like 3

So the Garou: Mark of the Wolves that I found a few months ago was sold recently, but I found it again... on ebay with a 50% increase in price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GAROU-MARK-OF-THE-WOLVES-Ref-0608-NEO-GEO-AES-SNK/312968811998?epid=14024673112&hash=item48de6515de:g:FfkAAOSwm8hffCA3

This is definitely the one that I found. The faded part on the spine is identical. Damn do I hate ebay.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi Riko,

Thank you for stopping by and welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. Please enjoy your stay and have fun browsing through the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread. We hope it will be to your liking and excellent to have a NeoGeoForLife representative member over with us. Will be glad yo help you with any questions or concerns that you have. 

Nice that you continued on with a new forum with NeoGeoForever. Will be thrilled to browse all that you offer and seeing the latest and greatest from you and the members on your forums. Thank you for all that you done in the community over the years Riko. The content that you and the NG4L forum had to offer is legendary. We wish you and the NeoGeoForever forum all the best and to just just a successful its predecessor.....

Great to see that you also have a profile here as well and happy that you enjoy the many Atari products as well. I like the Jaguar, the Lynx, the 2600, and the Atari ST. Excellent choices and have those three in the collection. 

Thank you for posting with us Riko. Always a pleasure to see you posting away and contributing to the Neo-Geo community kind sir. Keep up the great work and see you soon on the Neo-Geo thread bro. :)

Anthony.

Much appreciate it Anthony. The NeoGeoForLife forum was created and run by Kazuya(Stuart) so he deserves full credit for that. But we hope to definitely recreate what the site offered - and a little more.... :)

You are a big Atari fan there. I think my first brushes with Atari were the coin-ops like Marble Madness and Paper Boy - really great games!. Actually missed out on all the home systems until later in life. But enjoying playing the games I missed now.

Steven - Great purchase there and pretty amazing to see a Hyper Neo Geo 64 in the wild!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Damn dude, that would be excellent! Thanks!

I went to Akiba today.

I also found something that I never expected to find: a Hyper Neo Geo 64. It was in a set with Garou Densetsu Wild Ambition for 46000 yen or so. Can't afford that, don't have a way to connect it, and don't really want it, but it's really cool to actually see a real one given how rare they are.

You're welcome Steve. Glad to help out. I check from time-to time to see if on NeoTurfMasta's site to see if he will do so bro. :)

WOW! A hyper Neo Geo 64 Steve? Yeah, that's definitely something you don't see everyday for sure. A lot of money of it, but awesome to see. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

So the Garou: Mark of the Wolves that I found a few months ago was sold recently, but I found it again... on ebay with a 50% increase in price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GAROU-MARK-OF-THE-WOLVES-Ref-0608-NEO-GEO-AES-SNK/312968811998?epid=14024673112&hash=item48de6515de:g:FfkAAOSwm8hffCA3

This is definitely the one that I found. The faded part on the spine is identical. Damn do I hate ebay.

Yikes. I remember you taking about that Steve. Man, what a shame. :_(

Anthony..

7 hours ago, SpicedUp! said:

Much appreciate it Anthony. The NeoGeoForLife forum was created and run by Kazuya(Stuart) so he deserves full credit for that. But we hope to definitely recreate what the site offered - and a little more.... :)

You are a big Atari fan there. I think my first brushes with Atari were the coin-ops like Marble Madness and Paper Boy - really great games!. Actually missed out on all the home systems until later in life. But enjoying playing the games I missed now.

Steven - Great purchase there and pretty amazing to see a Hyper Neo Geo 64 in the wild!

Ah, good to know Riko. So it was Kazuya that started the the NeoGeoForLife forums. I never knew that. Welp, you learn something new everyday that's for sure.  I hope he will be able to recreate the NeoGeoForever forum the way he has plan bro. :)

Anthony..

16 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Speaking of which Steve. Atariage member @Mx5dob posted this.

#CIBsunday Hyper neo geo 64 kits: Fatal fury wild ambition and samurai spirits warriors rage. #arcade #snk #neogeo

Anthony..

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

See that down front and center?  I got it last Friday, spend the day cleaning those things.  Bottom row I intend to keep, maybe that R-Type center above there.  Money Idol Exchanger (and Miracle Adventure of Esparks) very happy to get these and discovered a few more strange fun ones too.

jp-imports-feb12zenmarket1.JPG

Did you realise you post this on the Neo Thread, Not the Thrift Finds

13 minutes ago, NinjaWarrior said:

Did you realise you post this on the Neo Thread, Not the Thrift Finds

Completely.  Go back a week or so.  We had been talkinga bout Neo Geo conversions to the Gameboy, even some videos with coverage/reviews were there.  I had mentioned I was after a specific game, which I got hooked up a link about on yahoo japan auctions.  I won the auction, it arrived here days ago.  The big one I wanted was the 8bit conversion of Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger which is that pink-yellow on there in the bottom row.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Completely.  Go back a week or so.  We had been talkinga bout Neo Geo conversions to the Gameboy, even some videos with coverage/reviews were there.  I had mentioned I was after a specific game, which I got hooked up a link about on yahoo japan auctions.  I won the auction, it arrived here days ago.  The big one I wanted was the 8bit conversion of Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger which is that pink-yellow on there in the bottom row.

Oh ok, I take a Look

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinjaWarrior said:

Oh ok, I take a Look

Do you may be surprised.  Takara are stunning workers of magic taking a good few Neo Geo fighting games and making them work shockingly well on Gameboy.  Realistic imagery gone for a NGPC style cartoon look.  But the moves and stuff are there, most have full rosters, a few lost a few over space.  Outside them Money Idol was done, Bust-a-Move 2 is done too(got a US release), Magical Drop (US again) on GBC is out there.  There are good many nice choices of neo geo games that bot gameboy'd for on the go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

See that down front and center?  I got it last Friday, spend the day cleaning those things.  Bottom row I intend to keep, maybe that R-Type center above there.  Money Idol Exchanger (and Miracle Adventure of Esparks) very happy to get these and discovered a few more strange fun ones too.

:)

Whoa! What a great looking pic of Game Boy games in your collection Tanooki. Great to see that you added it in to your collection. Maybe one day we can see YouTube videos of you in action discussing your history on your background of Neo-Geo and the games/units in your collection. Would love to listen in on what you would have to say. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

なんと! 昨日のAGRSチャンネルの動画にて、なんと杉田智和さん( )が、SNKのグッズやLINEスタンプを紹介してくださいました! ありがとうございます

草薙京展のグッズの受注受付は2/25まで! LINEスタンプは好評発売中です♪ https://line.me/S/sticker/12938911

#SNK #LINEスタンプ #杉田智和 さん

What! In the video of yesterday's AGRS channel, Tomokazu Sugita ( ) Introduced SNK goods and LINE stamps! Thank you

Orders for goods for the Kyo Kusanagi exhibition will be accepted until 2/25! LINE stamps are now on sale ♪ https://line.me/S/sticker/12938911

#SNK#LINEスタンプ#杉田智和 Mr.

Anthony..

• Like 1