IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with NeoHomeBrew with more music from his Hypernoid game to be avalible soon. :)

From the description,

"Next Electronic Music track I have created for Hypernoid a game for the Neo Geo System. This time a more calm and hypnotic Techno song influenced by Trance, Goa and Breakbeat which I have named "Still Breaking". The track is used as background music loop in every X8th stage of the game. I hope you will enjoy listening!"

Anthony..

• Like 6

Hi guys,

Looking for the ultimate KOF display piece? Get the KING OF FIGHTERS COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA CE — featuring a custom shockbox by , a reversible poster, art cards, and a commemorative mini NEOGEO cartridge! Available in limited quantity on March 19 at 10am & 6pm ET.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

It's here! A physical version of SNK'S THE KING OF FIGHTERS COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA, a compilation featuring five games spanning KOF '94 to KOF '98, is getting a physical edition for the PS4. Pre-orders open Friday, March 19 at 10am ET on http://limitedrungames.com

Anthony...

Hi guys,

And grab Vol. 2: THE KING OF FIGHTERS ‘95 - The Definitive Soundtrack alongside it, available on vinyl and CD. Vinyl fans: the ‘94 & ‘95 soundtracks will be available bundled together if you want to get both! Pre-orders open March 19 at 10am ET.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

For a boost of energy, why not pick up THE KING OF FIGHTERS ‘94 - The Definitive Soundtrack? It’ll be available for pre-order on CD or vinyl alongside our Limited Run of OROCHI SAGA. Get yours starting Friday, March 19 at 10am ET!

Anthony..

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:02 PM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

This evening, we are with AtariAge member, awbacon. Welp, today is the day on the unveiling of his Samurai Shodown 64 prototype. Let's dive right in to have a listen. The suspense is driving me bonkers. :)

From the description,

"

Now what do we have here? A rusty hulk of a door stop? A pretty paperweight? An extremely rare prototype? Or a retail rom on a strange cartridge? Well...you have to watch ;) Or I guess you can skip to the end but everything building up to what it actually is will be of interest! Because you can't just slap a game like this on a motherboard and flip the power switch without being careful first. But what is the Samurai Shodown 64 Hyper Neo Geo Cartridge in the photo? Well...it's an awesome fighting game from SNK that's for sure! Check back next week for part 2 :)"

Anthony...

Thats an awsome find waiting for part 2 now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tuna sashemie said:

Thats an awsome find waiting for part 2 now.

Same here Dave. I can wait to listen in on what VGE has to say today. I'll be glad to post his second video up to share. :)

6 hours ago, tuna sashemie said:

Thats a nice collection you got there.

Thank you Dave. I mean to update the NGDEVTEAM pic with Kraut Buster. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[SAMURAI SHODOWN] Users have been experiencing unintended issues following the Ver.2.10 patch released yesterday. Currently we are working on a patch to resolve these issues and will update everyone with our progress. We apologize for any inconvenience this patch has caused.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】『SAMURAI SPIRITS』の師弟杯が開催されます。弟子、師匠共に参加者募集中です。 ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ師弟杯 https://tonamel.com/competition/aveBe
Translated from Japanese by

[Notice] The Master and Disciple Cup of "SAMURAI SPIRITS" will be held. Both disciples and masters are looking for participants. Please join us! #SNK#SAMURAISPIRITS#サムスピ師弟杯 https://tonamel.com/competition/aveBe

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNKオンラインショップ限定で予約受付中の「THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH」ロム風パッケージに入っている、オリジナルサウンドトラックの曲リストを入手しました♪ 良い曲ばかりですので、この機会をお見逃しなく! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&keyword=KOF2002UM+%E3%83%AD%E3%83%A0 #SNK #KOF #KOF2002UM #ゲーム音楽

I got the song list of the original soundtrack included in the "THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH" Rom-style package, which is available for pre-order only at the SNK online shop.♪ All the songs are good, so don't miss this opportunity! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&keyword=KOF2002UM+%E3%83%AD%E3%83%A0 #SNK#KOF#KOF2002UM#ゲーム音楽

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @awbacon continuing on with the Samurai Shodown prototype for the Hyper Neo Geo 64. Let's see and listen in on what he has to say about it where he left off shall we? Enjoy. :)

Gameplay from the Samurai Shodown 64 Hyper Neo Geo beta and the story of where it came from! It’s wild : https://youtu.be/vQ5E1YMoAUs #RETROGAMING #retrogamer #SNK #neogeo #samuraishodown #arcade #arcadegame #arcadegames #fightinggamecommunity #fightingames #videogames #gaming

From the description,

"Now what do we have here? A rusty hulk of a door stop? A pretty paperweight? An extremely rare prototype? Or a retail rom on a strange cartridge? Well...it's a prototype / beta of the retail release of Samurai Shodown 64. Presumably it's from the AOU 1997 show / location test phase of the game. It has a lot of differences in the colors, art, camera and heads up display. But it's still an awesome 3D fighting game...that's for sure!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 7:22 AM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

【間もなく販売終了】ポップアップショップ「NEOGEO GOODS SHOP」で販売されたアクリルスタンド7種は本日3月12日(金)までの注文受付となります!お見逃しなく♪ お届け予定日:2021年4月上旬予定 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=NEOSHOP #SNK #KOF

[Soon to be discontinued] The 7 types of acrylic stands sold at the pop-up shop "NEOGEO GOODS SHOP" will be available for order until March 12th (Friday)! Do not miss it ♪ Expected delivery date: Scheduled for early April 2021 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=NEOSHOP #SNK#KOF

Anthony..

WOW I am loving these!

Hi guys,

The dream collection is finally here! 10 handheld defining NEOGEO POCKET COLOR classics are coming to Nintendo Switch via the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1 ! Digital ver. goes live on Nintendo eShop from today! #SNK #NEOGEO > Trailer https://youtu.be/davqozi1IGI

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 TEAM FATAL FURY is comprised of TERRY BOGARD, ANDY BOGARD, and JOE HIGASHI! >TERRY BOGARD https://youtu.be/3B1GXLeMQdo >ANDY BOGARD https://youtu.be/5I9emZnl4_k >JOE HIGASHI https://youtu.be/33zNUxCddys #SNK #KOF #KOF15 #FatalFury

Anthony..

Hi guys,

テリーさんが大変盛り上がっていらっしゃるので、餓狼伝説と腕の筋肉が見える伝説の狼さんの詰め合わせをば

#SNK #餓狼伝説 #KOF

Mr. Terry is very excited, so if you have an assortment of Fatal Fury and the legendary wolf who can see the muscles of his arms

#SNK#餓狼伝説#KOF

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Well done to our friends over at NeoGeoForever. Great news Riko. :thumbsup: :)

A milestone was reached on the Neo Geo Forever forum earlier today as the 1000th post was made! http://neogeoforever.com #NeoGeo #SNK #RETROGAMING

Anthony.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The DL version of Switch "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" containing 10 Neo Geo Pocket Color works will be distributed today (March 18). Lineup of "Samurai" and "Metasura"

2021.03.18 12:30

On March 18, 2021, SNK distributed the download version of the Nintendo Switch software " NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1 ". The price is 3980 yen [tax included].

In addition to the 6 works currently being distributed, 4 works of " Metal Slug First Mission ", " Metal Slug Second Mission ", " Beast Buster Dark Arms " and " Big Tournament Golf " are included in this work.

The package version will be released in the summer of 2021.

The release is quoted below

"NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1", which contains 10 masterpiece titles of Neo Geo Pocket Color, is now available on Nintendo Swith! The download version will be released in advance from today!

SNK Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Suita City, Osaka Prefecture, Chairman and CEO: Shiki Katsura) is launching "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" for Nintendo Switch from today (March 18, 2021) at the Nintendo eShop (March 18, 2021). We would like to inform you that it was released in advance in the download version). The package version will be released in the summer of 2021.

"NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" Nintendo eShop page
Switch "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" DL version is available today (March 18th).  Contains 10 works such as "Samurai" and "Metasura"

The dream collection is finally here! Play through the 10 masterpiece titles that you were crazy about at that time!

• Includes a total of 10 works, including 4 new works in addition to the 6 works that are currently on sale!
  • 3D data conversion of game packages and cassettes at that time. You can also browse the scale and the inside!
  • "Neo Geo Pocket" compatible titles also support monochrome display.
  • Two-player battle play is also possible in "table mode" and "mobile mode"! (Excluding some titles)
Switch "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" DL version is available today (March 18th).  Contains 10 works such as "Samurai" and "Metasura"

Includes a total of 10 works, including 4 new works in addition to the 6 works that are currently on sale!

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Blue-Eyes White Drake. Here we see him doing a great video of the NGPC Selection Vol.1. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"This bundle of 10 NeoGeo Pocket games Just dropped in the Nintendo Switch store for $40 out of nowhere! Sharing some of my thoughts on it! The dream collection is finally here!Relive the 10 classic games that defined the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR! ■Four stellar games have been added to the six already on sale for a total of 10 amazing classics for you to enjoy! ■View 3D models of the games and their cartridges. Zoom in and take a look around! ■Of course, titles compatible with the NEOGEO POCKET can be displayed in monochrome mode! ■Take on a friend in either Tabletop or Handheld Modes! (Not available for some titles) *The manual included with the game is from the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR game, and as such may contain instructions different to that on Nintendo Switch. *Modes other than VS that require DC/KOF LINK are not enabled."

Anthony...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

The DL version of Switch "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" containing 10 Neo Geo Pocket Color works will be distributed today (March 18). Lineup of "Samurai" and "Metasura"

2021.03.18 12:30

On March 18, 2021, SNK distributed the download version of the Nintendo Switch software " NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1 ". The price is 3980 yen [tax included].

In addition to the 6 works currently being distributed, 4 works of " Metal Slug First Mission ", " Metal Slug Second Mission ", " Beast Buster Dark Arms " and " Big Tournament Golf " are included in this work.

The package version will be released in the summer of 2021.

The release is quoted below

"NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1", which contains 10 masterpiece titles of Neo Geo Pocket Color, is now available on Nintendo Swith! The download version will be released in advance from today!

SNK Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Suita City, Osaka Prefecture, Chairman and CEO: Shiki Katsura) is launching "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" for Nintendo Switch from today (March 18, 2021) at the Nintendo eShop (March 18, 2021). We would like to inform you that it was released in advance in the download version). The package version will be released in the summer of 2021.

"NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1" Nintendo eShop page

The dream collection is finally here! Play through the 10 masterpiece titles that you were crazy about at that time!

• Includes a total of 10 works, including 4 new works in addition to the 6 works that are currently on sale!
  • 3D data conversion of game packages and cassettes at that time. You can also browse the scale and the inside!
  • "Neo Geo Pocket" compatible titles also support monochrome display.
  • Two-player battle play is also possible in "table mode" and "mobile mode"! (Excluding some titles)

Includes a total of 10 works, including 4 new works in addition to the 6 works that are currently on sale!

Anthony..

Makes me wonder what SNK might have in store for Vol. 2...

On 3/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, fdurso224 said:

Personally Steve. I wouldn't be surprise if they do make a Mark of the Wolves 2 or Special. Remember when all of a sudden they offered Samurai Shodown V Perfect? Well I  believe that they will pull another stunner in which SNK will say that they were able to complete MotW2 and make it available so way for the public to play.

That's true bro. The MVSX was pretty skeptical at first thinking it was some unknown company that was willing to manufacture them for cheap for SNK to pay pennies on the Dollar (or Yen) for them. Now after all said in done, it's worthwhile to buy one for the collection. If I had the room, I would've purchased it.

Anthony.. 

Yeah, I forgot about that. I suppose there is not much preventing them from finishing the Neo Geo version of Mark of the Wolves 2 as a Neo Geo game and then putting it in an emulator and selling it like that. That would be really nice, especially since I know someone will extract the ROM and get it working on one of the Neo Geo ROM carts, even if they don't officially support things like that. I prefer to use my own legally obtained ROMs anyway, so I'd have no problem with buying it on PC, assuming that it got released that way, and dumping the ROM to get it on one of my Neo Geo carts. Hopefully the NeoSD Pro should be shipping soon. I'm really excited to get those.

Still not sure what I want to do with the Darksoft AES cart, but I'll see. I have heard that the Darksoft cart is WAY faster than the NeoSD Pro is since the Darksoft cart loads into DDR instead of into flash memory or something like that, so that is something to consider in favour of the Darksoft cart, and that's the reason that I am hesitant to get rid of the Darksoft cart.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, aaronclassicgamer said:

Wow, I never knew that there was a planned sequel! This would have been awesome, GMTW was/is still one of the most balanced fighters out there. We can hope for a true 2D sequel!

-Aaron

Yeah, they killed it. If SNK still has the partially completed game, it would be nice if they decided to finish it. I'd buy it without hesitation.

• Like 3