IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Had to repost this from a few years back.

You heard about Neo Geo Land? Aware about Neo Geo World? Did you fellas ever know about Neo Geo Bowl?. That's right, SNK had official Bowling Alleys in Chiba and Miyagi prefectures in Japan. Would've been so cool to be there for sure. :)

DPRpD-MUIAYbv2Z.jpg

DPRpD-OVQAUmUVd.jpg

DPRpD-MVwAAI1Rk.jpg

DPRpD-PVQAA7kY4.jpg

C7f7TSoXQAA67OI.jpg

C7f7TVpWkAAYgfb.jpg

C7f7TVkWsAErdJy.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 4

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member Dak1ng ofgames98. Here we see Brendan having fun as usual playing Metal Slug 4 on the Xbox. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"I absolutely love Metal Slug. Easily one of my favorite non-fighting video game franchises made by SNK! Even though I only play through the first 2 stages of Metal Slug 4 in this video, I really enjoyed the game from what I played of it. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong playing ANY of the Metal Slug games. That's one video game series where no matter which game you play, they're all great! Have you played Metal Slug 4 before? If so, what did you think of it? I'd love to hear what you have to say in the comments section below."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■ノベルティ情報■ ミニパブミラーは配布を終了致しました。 4/12(月)からはSNK関連商品・メニューのお会計5,000円(税込)以上でおひとり様お一つ「庵スプーン」をプレゼント致します。お楽しみに

#八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #八神庵 #INDOR
Translated from Japanese by

■ Novelty information ■ The mini pub mirror has been discontinued. From 4/12 (Monday), we will give you one "Iori Spoon" per person for SNK related products and menus of 5,000 yen (tax included) or more. looking forward to

#八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#八神庵#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■重要なお知らせ■ 本日より配布開始の「庵スプーン」ですが、こちらは観賞用スプーンとなります。お食事やお料理などには使用せず、飾って愛でてお楽しみください。 #八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #INDOR #庵スプーン

■ Important Notices ■ The "Iori Spoon", which will be distributed from today, will be an ornamental spoon. Do not use it for meals or dishes, decorate it and enjoy it with love. #八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#INDOR #庵スプーン

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■完売情報■ 八神庵BAR トートガチャは完売致しました。 後日 #SNKオンラインショップ にて受注販売を行いますのでお楽しみに! #八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #八神庵 #INDOR

■ Sold out information ■ Yagami-an BAR Tote Gacha is sold out. At a later date #SNKオンラインショップ We will sell it on order at, so please look forward to it! #八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#八神庵#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This morning, we are with jcontra. Here we see him in Mandarake in Akihabara, Tokyo showing us the most expensive Neo-Geo games there. He mentions the N64 as well. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Mandarake in Akihabara is home to some of the rarest and most expensive games ever. And some of those games happen to be for the Neo Geo and N64, particularly the DD. In this video we go classic retro vintage video game hunting at one of the best places in Japan.

Anthony...

8 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

This morning, we are with jcontra. Here we see him in Mandarake in Akihabara, Tokyo showing us the most expensive Neo-Geo games there. He mentions the N64 as well. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Mandarake in Akihabara is home to some of the rarest and most expensive games ever. And some of those games happen to be for the Neo Geo and N64, particularly the DD. In this video we go classic retro vintage video game hunting at one of the best places in Japan.

Anthony...

lol I was just in that store looking at that cabinet the other day. I did some really quick math and the Neo Geo cabinet alone has probably at least $100000 of games in there, if not more. Mandarake is well-known as a ripoff store, though, so the place is best avoided, but they do have some nice deals on very rare occasions; that's where I bought my 1941 Counter Attack a few months ago for... let's call it a decent price.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

lol I was just in that store looking at that cabinet the other day. I did some really quick math and the Neo Geo cabinet alone has probably at least $100000 of games in there, if not more. Mandarake is well-known as a ripoff store, though, so the place is best avoided, but they do have some nice deals on very rare occasions; that's where I bought my 1941 Counter Attack a few months ago for... let's call it a decent price.

Good to know Steve. It looks like a nice store to browse around. But judging by those prices. WHOA! That's a lot for these games that this fella is sharing in his video. $100,000 bucks Steve?! Damn, I wonder what kind of insurance that store has for coverage if something tragic in there. 8^0

Thanks for the heads up on Mandarake Steve.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

James from@JammaNationX
(who is currently testing Hypernoid) gave me the advice that the font is difficult to read. Therefore, I have re-designed the font and guess what? He was totally right. #neogeo #pixelart #font #typography

Anthony..

Hi guys,

The #NeoGeo had some great arcade classics. Some of these made their way to the #SegaGenesis & #MegaDrive In this week's show we are going to look at every signle game ported from Neo Geo to #Sega's 16bit console. Watch

https://youtu.be/0p2aOwU0gHo

#MegaDriveMonday #retrorefresh

And now the video. 

From the description,

The Neo Geo form SNK was the arcade home console of the 90s. But there was another that was more popular and affordable, the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive. Sega’s console may not have had the raw power the Neo Geo had but it did lean into Sega’s arcade heritage. SNK could not ignore this hugely successful console, and so in the mid-90s we saw several games ported from the Neo Geo to the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive. In today’s show we will be looking at every single Neo Geo game ported to the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive. Sega Genesis, Mega Drive, Sega, Neo Geo, SNK, arcade games, 16bit, retro games, 90s "

"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】こちらの大会は、SNK eスポーツ支援強化月間の「認定大会」です。 優勝者にはAmazonギフト券をプレゼント! さらに参加者には特製パネルを抽選でプレゼント! ぜひご参加ください! 認定大会詳細はこちら https://facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/posts/1394269320915384

#SNKeスポーツ支援強化月間

[Notice] This tournament is a "certified tournament" for SNK e-sports support strengthening month. The winner will receive an Amazon gift certificate! In addition, participants will be presented with a special panel by lottery! Please join us! Click here for details of the certification tournament https://facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/posts/1394269320915384

#SNKeスポーツ支援強化月間

Anthony

Hi guys,

本日誕生日のマルコ&おなじみマーピーが登場する、『#メタルスラッグ』シリーズのオリジナルサウンドトラックは好評配信中♪ SNKサウンドチームが手掛けた『メタルスラッグ アタック』の楽曲には、なんとマーピーの曲も…! 是非聞いてみてくださいね

https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20190328_01i6gfw.html

#SNK #メタスラ #MSA

Today's birthday Marco & familiar Marpy will appear, "#メタルスラッグ The original soundtrack of the series is now on sale ♪ The songs of "Metal Slug Attack" by SNK Sound Team include Marpy's songs ...! Please listen to it.

https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20190328_01i6gfw.html

#SNK#メタスラ#MSA

Anthony..

Hi guys,

マーピーの最近のお気に入りグッズがこちら

現在、TOKYO VIDEO GAMERSにて開催中の「#八神庵BAR 」で購入できますよ~! マーピーが手をだしているところに、眼鏡やネックレスがかけられる、実用的なグッズです♪ …ってマーピー、後ろうしろ…

http://indor.jp/neogeo/iori_bar.html

#SNK #KOF #八神庵

Click here for Murpy's recent favorite goods

Currently being held at TOKYO VIDEO GAMERS "#八神庵BAR You can buy it at! It is a practical item that you can wear glasses and a necklace where Marpy is out.♪ ... That's Marpy, let's go later ...

http://indor.jp/neogeo/iori_bar.html

#SNK#KOF#八神庵

Anthony..

6 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Good to know Steve. It looks like a nice store to browse around. But judging by those prices. WHOA! That's a lot for these games that this fella is sharing in his video. $100,000 bucks Steve?! Damn, I wonder what kind of insurance that store has for coverage if something tragic in there. 8^0

Thanks for the heads up on Mandarake Steve.

Anthony..

Yeah, there is all sorts of crazy stuff in that cabinet. Everything is AES with no MVS games at all, so that helps, but Mandarake is famous for usually overpricing their stuff by a decent margin. The last time I was there a few weeks ago, they had Metal Slug 2, 3, 4, 5, X, Mark of the Wolves, Real Bout 2, Twinkle Star Sprites, and a few more of the really big non-Metal Slug 1/Big Tournament Golf titles. I think there was a Blazing Star in there, but I don't remember. Checking the video again, they do have Pulstar, so maybe I am confusing Pulstar and Blazing Star, as the box art for both games is vaguely similar. I don't remember seeing Andro Dunos. They also had multiple copies of some of the Metal Slugs, just like in the video, and I think there were 2 copies of Mark of the Wolves in there as well. There are a lot of expensive games in there.

I've actually been thinking of going to Akiba tomorrow to look for prices for Thunder Force VI, so I might stop by Mandarake to see what they have right now. Not yet sure if I will go, though.

• Like 1

Did anyone else get Andro Dunos II or is it just me? How about the Dreamcast port of Andro Dunos? I have been considering getting that, as it's way cheaper than the Neo Geo version and unlike the reissue Andro Dunos, which is of unknown quality, I'm not too worried about my Dreamcast getting killed by the new Andro Dunos port. I did get the Dreamcast version of Andro Dunos II, so maybe I'll get the Dreamcast Andro Dunos to go with it. I still try to get this new Japanese AES Andro Dunos reissue, though. It would be pretty nice to have a not-illegal Japanese AES Andro Dunos in a hard case, as the original is unfortunately a soft box game and I greatly prefer the hard cases and everyone else probably does as well.

I think I will try sending them an email about the quality of these carts to see what they say. I'll let everyone know what they say when they get back to me.

Alright, I just emailed PixelHeart to politely ask them about the voltages of their AES carts and their AES cart PCB quality and stuff. I specifically asked them to tell me what the voltage of the carts is, so hopefully they give me the correct number!  Hopefully they get back to me soon. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Did anyone else get Andro Dunos II or is it just me? How about the Dreamcast port of Andro Dunos? I have been considering getting that, as it's way cheaper than the Neo Geo version and unlike the reissue Andro Dunos, which is of unknown quality, I'm not too worried about my Dreamcast getting killed by the new Andro Dunos port. I did get the Dreamcast version of Andro Dunos II, so maybe I'll get the Dreamcast Andro Dunos to go with it. I still try to get this new Japanese AES Andro Dunos reissue, though. It would be pretty nice to have a not-illegal Japanese AES Andro Dunos in a hard case, as the original is unfortunately a soft box game and I greatly prefer the hard cases and everyone else probably does as well.

I think I will try sending them an email about the quality of these carts to see what they say. I'll let everyone know what they say when they get back to me.

Alright, I just emailed PixelHeart to politely ask them about the voltages of their AES carts and their AES cart PCB quality and stuff. I specifically asked them to tell me what the voltage of the carts is, so hopefully they give me the correct number!  Hopefully they get back to me soon. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Hey Steven I have a few Pixel Heart AES games : Ganryu, Neo Drift Out, and Bang Bang Bros.  I have no idea about voltages but all work perfectly on my AES. The quality of the printing on the insert is sharper than the original games but has a slightly flatter (as in less shiny/vibrant) finish than the official games. The snap lock box is custom made and feels slightly less high quality than SNK's version but still pretty good. I would buy more of their games - if I didn't have to pay import charges now that the UK has left the EU. Hope that helps.

Hi guys,

Still a work in progress, but first sneak peak at the next #OMVS revision. I know people want more finished looking products, but I aim to make this as accessible as possible. All pieces are limited to an Ender 3 size of 200x200, no supports, 5mm. #OMVSlite? #OBOX? #NeoGeo

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More storage finds. When the NeoGeoX failed, several sellers on eBay blew out controllers for $5-$10. I bought as many as I could and rewired them for supergun play at a few conventions. I must have given some away as I know I had more than this.

Anthony..