IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

「SNKオンラインショップゴールデンウィークキャンペーン2021」が本日よりスタート! 2021年5月12日(水)までのキャンペーン期間中、雑貨やアパレル商品など対象のSNK関連商品を最大50%OFFの特価にてご提供中です♪お見逃しなく!! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=21GWSALE

#SNK #ゴールデンウィークキャンペーン
Translated from Japanese by

"SNK Online Shop Golden Week Campaign 2021" starts today! During the campaign period until May 12, 2021, we are offering SNK related products such as miscellaneous goods and apparel products at a special price of up to 50% OFF.♪ Do not miss it!! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=21GWSALE

#SNK#ゴールデンウィークキャンペーン

Anthony..

Hi guys,

フォロワー数2万人突破/ #SNK エンタテインメント公式のフォロワー数が2万人を突破したことを記念したキャンペーンを本日より開催! このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、合計6名様に豪華なプレゼントが当たります

キャンペーンは5/26(水)まで♪ ▼詳細はコチラ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=345

\

Over 20,000 followers / #SNK Starting today, we are holding a campaign to commemorate the number of official entertainment followers surpassing 20,000! Follow this account & RT to win a luxurious gift for a total of 6 people

Campaign until 5/26 (Wednesday)♪ ▼ Click here for details https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=345

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 4月28日まで「正規軍復刻 STEP UP CRANK」を開催! 「剛腕のクラーク/サイレントソルジャー・レオナ/カナエ」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210426_01ik81h.html

[MSA update information] "Regular Army Reprint STEP UP CRANK" will be held until April 28th! You can get "Clark of Hard Arms / Silent Soldier Leona / Kanae"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210426_01ik81h.html

Anthony..

56 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Today is the 31st anniversary of the Neo Geo's release, so don't forget to play Magician Lord today.

31 years. How time flies for sure Steve. Thank you for keeping an eye out for us bro. I'll be playing Magician Lord all day for sure. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Hoje faz exatamente 31 anos que o Neo Geo foi lançado. Confira os jogos dele cadastrados no #bdjogos #NeoGeo
Translated from Portuguese by

Today Neo Geo was launched exactly 31 years ago. Check out his games registered at #bdjogos#NeoGeo

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Me @Darrin9999 @Steven Pendleton @The Undecided @Reaperman agree how great these controllers are. :)

What a absolute great controller this is, possibly one of the best to be honest!

#NeoGeo #RetroGaming #GamersUnite

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Watching videos on the NeoGeo. One day I think I’d like to pick up an AES or a CD. The controller for the CD is neat as the analogue stick actually uses micro switches. It’s just a neat piece of hardware even if it’s mostly fighters.

Anthony..

3 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

@Reaperman agree how great these controllers are. :)

Absolutely! Though I will mention it's a real pain to find switches for the d-stick, and those switches are the one thing that tends to break on them. The only source I know is another Neo Geo CD pad, and I've been meaning to pick up a spare "broken" one for years.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This looks awesome. I want it :lust:

I picked this up for $18 - The rare, Official Neo Geo CD controller for the PS3 (it will also work on your PC). #videogames #gaming #ps3 #playstation #neogeo

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【SAMURAI SHODOWN】 Check out HIBIKI TAKANE, the 2nd SAMURAI SHODOWN Season Pass 3 DLC character, and her flashy special moves! Polish your blade and prepare to cut down your opponents when she launches April 28th! #SNK #SamSho #HibikiTakane https://youtu.be/WRRRl9BKiLQ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Check out the BGM for KOF XV's TEAM FATAL FURY! Now available to listen to on our YouTube channel! #SNK #KOF #KOF15 >TEAM FATAL FURY|BGM https://youtu.be/5NxkG_olCC4

Quote Tweet

PLdEj9co_mini.jpg

SNK GLOBAL

@SNKPofficial
· Mar 22

Embedded video
1:47
[KOF XV] TEAM FATAL FURY BGM That Sound Beach callback was sweet, huh? Today we bring the new Beach Resort stage straight to you with the TEAM FATAL FURY BGM, Ride the Big Wave! Close your eyes and I bet you can just see Terry's round-the-clock beach bod! #SNK #KOF15

Anthony..

4 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

This looks awesome. I want it :lust:

I picked this up for $18 - The rare, Official Neo Geo CD controller for the PS3 (it will also work on your PC). #videogames #gaming #ps3 #playstation #neogeo

Anthony..

There is one of these (I think it might actually be the PS2 version) over in Super Potato. I don't know how much it costs, but I'm going to Akiba tomorrow to look for Thunder Force VI and participate in the location testing for Senjin Aleste, so I'll check the price while I'm there.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

31 years. How time flies for sure Steve. Thank you for keeping an eye out for us bro. I'll be playing Magician Lord all day for sure. :)

Anthony..

Yeah, I played Magician Lord last night. Apparently I forgot how to not be terrible at this game, so I used all of my credits really fast somehow. I should probably play it more. I've heard the MVS version is a lot easier, so maybe I'll put my Darksoft cart in MVS mode and try it there instead of using my AES Magician Lord cart.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, fdurso224 said:

I agree Steve. Picorinne Soft does some amazing work and have to say when it was recommended to me to see their page off Twitter, I was really impressed on what they have to offer. Talented workers they are and like to see them work on a Neo-Geo title. I'm sure they can do games just as good (if not better than) as NGDEVTEAM. So I wish them all the best on trying to accomplish that goal on doing so.  :)

Now in regards to Audro Dunos. I remember just about all in the community said that it's one of the best titles for the Neo-Geo despite it's low Meg count. In fact members like @BettyHordeClinic @retrorussell that contribute with their videos said it's very enjoyable. They all said that the gameplay is fantastic and even though it's not a long game to play, it's replay value is very high. Is it better than Thunder Force?...Well, I guess it's safe to say both are equal IMO.

Here are there videos to listen in on what they had to say Steve.

Anthony..

So I actually played Andro Dunos a little the other day on the Darksoft cart. It seems that the OSSC has issues with this game. There are specific points in some stages where the video cuts out for a few seconds, like the elevator part in the second level right before the miniboss appears, so I might have to just sit on the floor and play it on my Trinitron. Maybe using the real cart will make it behave better.

I also tried Neo Drift Out since that's getting an AES release for the first time. It's okay. Seems like a credit-eating game until you get used to it. Not sure how I feel about it.

By the way, I will of course review the PixelHeart Andro Dunos reissue here once I get it. No exact release date yet, just "May," so it might be a while.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

16 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

There is one of these (I think it might actually be the PS2 version) over in Super Potato. I don't know how much it costs, but I'm going to Akiba tomorrow to look for Thunder Force VI and participate in the location testing for Senjin Aleste, so I'll check the price while I'm there.

Good to know Steve. Would love to know more about the price. :)

Anthony..

14 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I played Magician Lord last night. Apparently I forgot how to not be terrible at this game, so I used all of my credits really fast somehow. I should probably play it more. I've heard the MVS version is a lot easier, so maybe I'll put my Darksoft cart in MVS mode and try it there instead of using my AES Magician Lord cart.

So I actually played Andro Dunos a little the other day on the Darksoft cart. It seems that the OSSC has issues with this game. There are specific points in some stages where the video cuts out for a few seconds, like the elevator part in the second level right before the miniboss appears, so I might have to just sit on the floor and play it on my Trinitron. Maybe using the real cart will make it behave better.

I also tried Neo Drift Out since that's getting an AES release for the first time. It's okay. Seems like a credit-eating game until you get used to it. Not sure how I feel about it.

By the way, I will of course review the PixelHeart Andro Dunos reissue here once I get it. No exact release date yet, just "May," so it might be a while.

Now that I look forward to know on the review with the PixelHeart game of Audro Dunos bro. I wonder if the reproduction will have any big difference from the original. 

Anthony..

1 hour ago, lutechsource said:

Hey what's up everyone. I recently got a CRT which has composite and would like to attach my Neo Geo to it over composite instead of RF. Does anyone know of a reliable place where I can get composite cables for the Neo Geo?

Hi Lu,

Great to know that you have a CRT in your pad. I purchase this from a seller in the UK. He has nice stuff for sale. I think this will help you bro. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390884162123?hash=item5b0282fa4b:g:U5cAAOxyNThTeK~8

Image 1 - SNK NEO GEO AES, CD & CDZ VIDEO TV AV VIDEO CABLE / PHONO LEAD

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Adam from RetroMoments. Looks like Adam got himself some awesome new Neo-Geo goodies in his collection. Let see what he has. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"So I just bought someone's Neo Geo AES collection! The ultimate retro game console that was extremely expensive back in the days of the early '90s. Which games did I get with it? Do I like them? Let's find out!"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Thank you! To play Hypernoid with a spinner you would need a special board which connects to the Neo-Geo input ports. I have a prototype spinner board developed by which is compatible with the Neo-Geo hardware and my Hypernoid game.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SAMURAI SHODOWN】 We have released the latest Ver. 2.20 patch. This patch includes bug fixes and general improvements to the game. #SNK #SamSho https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/samuraishodown/ss_patch_2.20_eng.pdf

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SAMURAI SHODOWN】 We've confirmed reports HIBIKI TAKANE's attack "Heavenly Being Blade" has issues with projectiles, Rage Explosions, and other attacks We are currently working on a fix and will update everyone on our progress. Thank you More info here: https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/samuraishodown/ss_patch_2.20_eng.pdf

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Who's the newest character coming to KOF XV? Tune into tomorrow's character trailer to find out! Visit SNK's Official YouTube Channel for more info! >SNK YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..