Jump to content
fdurso224

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Joe Game Sack broke his thing when he dropped it.

 

 

Don't drop your AES controllers!

 

Yikes! It must've taken a really hard drop Steve. I mean, I drop my AES controllers alot. But not like the damage in the pic. 

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

OH WOW!!! :-o

 

That's fantastic to know Mike. Congratulations on purchasing an AES and having it in your collection soon. Well done bro. We would love to see pics of it if you like to share it with us bro. :)

 

Thinking of buying a NeoSD or Multicart from Darksoft?

 

Anthony..

 

 

Thanks! I have bought a game but its nothing exciting and what I've already got on CD (and cheap!). NeoSD is very likely just not this month XD. I can do a pick of my entire Neo Geo collection once everything comes, nothing rare, but a growing collection :)

29 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Joe Game Sack broke his thing when he dropped it.

 

Don't drop your AES controllers!

 

Ouch. Presumably they can salvage some parts like the colourful buttons. They do look nice to be fair and bring that arcade feel into the home! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fdurso224 said:

Yikes! It must've taken a really hard drop Steve. I mean, I drop my AES controllers alot. But not like the damage in the pic. 

 

Anthony..

Yeah, that's pretty bad, but I suppose how brittle the plastic is depends on the individual controllers. Still... don't drop your AES controllers! Don't drop your AES, either, as they are definitely pretty cheap-feeling, especially considering that $600 price! I would not be surprised at all if the AES would completely shatter if you dropped it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Thanks! I have bought a game but its nothing exciting and what I've already got on CD (and cheap!). NeoSD is very likely just not this month XD. I can do a pick of my entire Neo Geo collection once everything comes, nothing rare, but a growing collection :)

Ouch. Presumably they can salvage some parts like the colourful buttons. They do look nice to be fair and bring that arcade feel into the home! 

Yay, new AES~ Don't drop the controller or you may end up like Joe! If you have a Neo Geo CD controller, though, no reason not to use that if you like it.

 

I think NeoSD Pro should be shipping here soon. Stone Age Gamer, where I bought mine, says it ships late May. Terraonion is shipping them as they receive them from the manufacturer, I think. I am not sure how much you'd value the extra features of the Pro over the non-Pro, but I think the production of the AES Darksoft cart has stopped and they are not sure if they will make more of them, so NeoSD (Pro) is your only choice unless Darksoft decides to make more AES carts.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yay, new AES~ Don't drop the controller or you may end up like Joe! If you have a Neo Geo CD controller, though, no reason not to use that if you like it.

 

I think NeoSD Pro should be shipping here soon. Stone Age Gamer, where I bought mine, says it ships late May. Terraonion is shipping them as they receive them from the manufacturer, I think. I am not sure how much you'd value the extra features of the Pro over the non-Pro, but I think the production of the AES Darksoft cart has stopped and they are not sure if they will make more of them, so NeoSD (Pro) is your only choice unless Darksoft decides to make more AES carts.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't looked into it too deeply yet as my wallet is crying but I'll take a look at the comparison features.

 

I do have a couple of CD controllers and I do like them, but I've always wanted to try out the aes one. I was originally a joystick gamer thanks to things like atari and amstrad/spectrum etc, though I can't say I'm particularly good with them now! I was never into arcades nor was there much around where I lived.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikebloke said:

Thanks for the advice, I haven't looked into it too deeply yet as my wallet is crying but I'll take a look at the comparison features.

 

I do have a couple of CD controllers and I do like them, but I've always wanted to try out the aes one. I was originally a joystick gamer thanks to things like atari and amstrad/spectrum etc, though I can't say I'm particularly good with them now! I was never into arcades nor was there much around where I lived.

Honestly... the AES controller's buttons are pretty bad. If you want to use the thing seriously, I'd probably install something else instead like what Joe has on his broken AES controller. Stock is fine for casual use, but even then I really don't like the buttons on the AES controller at all. They feel super cheap.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 9:25 PM, Reaperman said:

 

Thanks for posting this, I think I'm going to try for it. It just wasn't in the cards for me to get a 'real' copy when it was available.

It's worth noting that it appears they've recently changed it to 15 may (link), as they've highlighted the date change in the link.

 

This time, even if I miss it, at least I'll be able to play a digital one from the eshop--since I doubt the download bits are in limited supply. ;)

 

I'd been looking for a good switch shmup for my (horribly neglected) 8bitdo arcade stick, and was debating re-buying crimzon clover or jamestown--both of which I pretty well played-out on pc probably close to a decade ago--but this solves that problem for me.

 

Well, I missed out on the first batch of razion--I stopped in 34 min after it opened because I was distracted.  Guess I'll try to get in on the second batch.

 

I really don't like how ordering things got weaponized.

 

First, they made us get in line for midnight releases--so they started doing 'preorders.' 

Great, fine, now everybody gets a copy because they don't place an order without taking the pre-orders into account.

But then I started having to 'pre-buy,' paying in full instead of just 'pre-order.'

And now its fully weaponized and limited (why?) to where I have to take the day off to pre-buy too. Because 'fear-of-missing-out'/there will never be a future chance to get this thing. And often these 'pre-buy' items aren't even close to finalized--Kraut buster, for example, looked like a low-rent flash game when they were 'pre-selling' it.

And often these 'pre buys' arrive years after I've stopped caring about them, or sometimes not at all.  My MVS Xeno Crisis order comes right to mind there.

 

Hopefully razion gets an eshop release--it's not currently in the 'coming soon' section, but I notice gunlord is available available there.  Gunlord looks a lot like turrican, though. and if it is, that game really isn't 'my thing.' 

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

Whoa! Razion EX for the Switch already sold out.

 

NGDEV-direct

NGDEV-direct

 

Welcome to our new store

This is the official direct sales shop for all NGDEV games and merchandise. We develop games for both legacy platforms like NEOGEO and modern platforms like Nintendo Switch and PS4.

Featured collection

 
Regular price€54,95  Sold Out
 
Regular price€39,95  Sold Out
 
 

 

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, that's pretty bad, but I suppose how brittle the plastic is depends on the individual controllers. Still... don't drop your AES controllers! Don't drop your AES, either, as they are definitely pretty cheap-feeling, especially considering that $600 price! I would not be surprised at all if the AES would completely shatter if you dropped it.

I purchased recently two English AES units that were dropped and cracked the edges of the console Steve. They are being repaired and were glued back. Big shame. :(

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 
 
 
#KOFXIV #NORTHAMERICA #ENGLISH #SPANISH Final top8 among the best players in the region in #FT3 set matches for these tournament series DREAM FIGHTS  This show will also have talent on the mic commentary  live  http://twitch.tv/ItzROMANCE
 
 
 
Image

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

【KOF XV】レオナ 開発者コメント レオナ・ハイデルンのキャラクターデザインに関する、開発者コメントを公開! >キャラクタートレーラーはこちら! https://youtu.be/ezZl8WHKseQ
 
#SNK #KOF #KOF15 #レオナ・ハイデルン
Translated from Japanese by
 
[KOF XV] Leona Developer Comments Leona Heidern's character design has been released! > Click here for the character trailer! https://youtu.be/ezZl8WHKseQ
 
#SNK#KOF#KOF15#レオナ・ハイデルン
 
 
Image
 

 

Anthony...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 Ver.6.5へのアプリアップデートのため 5月17日 13:00~16:00の時間にメンテナンスを実施いたします。 メンテナンス中はアプリをプレイできませんのでご注意ください。 #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210515_01uv4g1.html
 
Translated from Japanese by
 
[MSA Notice] For app update to Ver.6.5 Maintenance will be carried out from 13:00 to 16:00 on May 17th. Please note that you will not be able to play the app during maintenance. #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210515_01uv4g1.html
 
 
 
Image

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty crazy Joe cracked his controller from the top like that. I have my eye on a custom stick that a guy on the neo-geo forums make, i may get one before the year is over! 

 

What Neo geo stuff have you guys broken over the years? The worst thing ive done is crack a tray on one or two aes game cases from being careless around my girlfriend's old cat. That was like 8 years ago before the prices skyrocketed... Now i treat all my aes stuff like a fine pieces of rare art lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Undecided said:

That's pretty crazy Joe cracked his controller from the top like that. I have my eye on a custom stick that a guy on the neo-geo forums make, i may get one before the year is over! 

 

What Neo geo stuff have you guys broken over the years? The worst thing ive done is crack a tray on one or two aes game cases from being careless around my girlfriend's old cat. That was like 8 years ago before the prices skyrocketed... Now i treat all my aes stuff like a fine pieces of rare art lol.

 

On 5/15/2021 at 3:57 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

 

 

To me Zack, the only thing I had damage was the AES controller. Maybe a small crack and a chip off the corner on the side on the piece. But nothing to the point on what happen to Joe's controller. 

 

I'm still wondering how it got damage to that extent. I've been looking at my controller and trying to figure out how it was damaged to the way we see it in the pics. He couldn't have dropped it in his lap or on a tray to press on in order to play. The only two options that comes to mind is he was either playing it while standing up like the guy was doing in the famous Neo-Geo lingerie advertisement, or a gaming fit and dropped it with force. :ponder:

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

 
 
 
New video! I'm digging into MAGICIAN LORD and plenty of SNK history! With voices from @basemntbrothers and @DefunctGames, plus magazine clips preserved by ! #retrogames #retrogaming #snk #neogeo #SNDG https://youtube.com/watch?v=F20J3GSJfgA
 
 
 
Image

 

And now the video.

 

From the description,

"Joe looks at one of the AES and MVS launch titles in Alpha Denshi's Magician Lord in the first installment of the Summer of the 100 Mega Shock!"

 

 

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

【SAMURAI SPIRITS】 シーズンパス3 DLCキャラクター第3弾「天草四郎時貞」(CV.白川周作)を6月15日に配信! #SNK #サムスピ #天草四郎 #白川周作 さん
Translated from Japanese by
 
[SAMURAI SPIRITS] Season Pass 3 DLC character 3rd "Amakusa Shiro Tokisada" (CV. Shusaku Shirakawa) will be delivered on June 15th! #SNK#サムスピ#天草四郎#白川周作 Mr.
 
 
Image

 

Anthony..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 
 
 
The upcoming Metal Slug game for mobile developed by and authorized by SNK, has unveiled a new promotional video. #MetalSlug
 
 
CRkEFFrV?format=jpg&name=360x360
 
Gameplay of TiMi Studio Group's Metal Slug Mobile Game Authorized by...
The upcoming Metal Slug game for mobile developed by @TIMIStudios and authorized by SNK, has unveiled a new promotional video.
youtube.com
 
 

 

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

 
 
 
The upcoming Metal Slug game for mobile developed by and authorized by SNK, has unveiled a new promotional video. #MetalSlug
 
 
CRkEFFrV?format=jpg&name=360x360
 
Gameplay of TiMi Studio Group's Metal Slug Mobile Game Authorized by...
The upcoming Metal Slug game for mobile developed by @TIMIStudios and authorized by SNK, has unveiled a new promotional video.
youtube.com
 
 

 

 

Anthony..

It's looking good (it's missing the charm of the good old sprites, but those days are not coming back )... i guess it's a bit more like the NeoGeo Pocket games than the arcades with a bit of metroidvania, maybe?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

It's looking good (it's missing the charm of the good old sprites, but those days are not coming back )... i guess it's a bit more like the NeoGeo Pocket games than the arcades with a bit of metroidvania, maybe?

I agree Pancho. I looks nice and worth trying out. But doesn't have that appeal like we remember from te 90's playing Metal Slug. But still looking forward on playing it for sure. 8^)

 

Anthony..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

Back with RetroGeo sharing his latest video of The Eye of the Typhoon for us to enjoy. :)

 

 

 

Anthony..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...