IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

8 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

So yeah, Athena is here. We all knew she'd be here, but does anyone else think she looks super weird? I don't know. It's just something about her face or something.

I agree Steve. Not really particularly liking here new look in regards to her face and hair style. But that least it's better than the King of Fighters 2001 look. Yikes. I hated that style from her.  :|

Anthony..

Hi guys,

2021年8月にSNKオンラインショップでご購入をされた方に、先着1,000名様限定で「8月カレンダー付きオリジナルビジュアルカード」をプレゼント! 今月は「THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000」より「水族館」のステージ画像です♪ ★詳しくはコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=371

#SNK #KOF2000
Translated from Japanese by

Those who purchase at the SNK online shop in August 2021 will receive an "original visual card with an August calendar" for the first 1,000 people only! This month is a stage image of "Aquarium" from "THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000"♪ ★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=371

#SNK#KOF2000

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#7月SNKキャラ誕生祭」は今日が最終日! 今月のイラストは… SNK公式イラストレーター TONKOさんの「アテナ」!! 7月5日がお誕生日でした♪ 「あ!あのキャラの誕生日忘れてた!」があったら、ぜひお祝いしてあげてくださいね https://twitter.com/snk_enter/status/1410420470269181952 #SNK

"#7月SNKキャラ誕生祭 Today is the last day! This month's illustration is ... SNK official illustrator TONKO's "Athena" !! July 5th was my birthday ♪ If you see "Oh! I forgot that character's birthday!", Please celebrate it. https://twitter.com/snk_enter/status/1410420470269181952 #SNK

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

\Happy Birthday#8月SNKキャラ誕生祭 を開催! このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、NEOGEO miniと誕生月記念イラストグッズ、1500円分のQUOカードが1名様に当たります キャンペーンは8/31(火)まで♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=370

更にSNKオンラインショップでは、8月の特別ノベルティを配布中

\ Happy Birthday  / #8月SNKキャラ誕生祭 Held! Follow this account & RT, NEOGEO mini, birth month commemorative illustration goods, 1500 yen worth of QUO card will be awarded to one person  Campaign until 8/31 (Tuesday)♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=370

In addition, the SNK online shop is distributing special novelties for August.

Anthony.

9 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

\Happy Birthday#8月SNKキャラ誕生祭 を開催! このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、NEOGEO miniと誕生月記念イラストグッズ、1500円分のQUOカードが1名様に当たります キャンペーンは8/31(火)まで♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=370

更にSNKオンラインショップでは、8月の特別ノベルティを配布中

\ Happy Birthday  / #8月SNKキャラ誕生祭 Held! Follow this account & RT, NEOGEO mini, birth month commemorative illustration goods, 1500 yen worth of QUO card will be awarded to one person  Campaign until 8/31 (Tuesday)♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=370

In addition, the SNK online shop is distributing special novelties for August.

Anthony.

I need to stop by the snk store soon but my wallet won't thank me ?

Hi guys,

Back with Shump Junkie. Here we see him discussing about Razion EX and other NGDEVTEAM titles. Great video for sure. Enjoy. :)

RAZION EX #SWITCH Review NOW LIVE! PLUS Q&A with . Miss out on their last physical sale? How can we change this from the #shmup you may never play into the shmup that we all can play right now? Cause after this video, you'll want to play it! https://youtu.be/G3IYRMsA6bw

And now the video.

From the description,

"RAZION EX by NGDEV Team is the Switch Shoot Em Up You've Never Played... or at least probably never played. First released on the Neo Geo, Razion Ex has finally arrived on the Nintendo Switch! There's only one problem. You can't play it! Because it's completely sold out.

That's right, possibly one of the top 10 coolest Shoot Em Ups on the Switch is a game you can't play. Or at least not yet. Why not? Find out in this video review as I interview NGDEV Team, the developer of rare Neo Geo games, to find out why Razion EX is so hard to get. Will there be more physical releases of Razion? Why is there no digital release on the Nintendo Switch eShop? Is there a chance it will go digital? To answer those questions, we have to go back to their most popular and well know game from the past - Gunlord. First released on the Neo Geo, then Sega Dreamcast, Gunlord was their most popular and well reviewed game to date. Classic Gameroom gave it a glowing review and garnered almost 100K views. And when an upgraded Gunlord X finally released on Switch, it sold out as well. But when NGDEV Team decided to also release GunlordX on the eShop, so everyone who missed out could get one, things did not go according to plan. Nor did they go well for Fast Striker, also released on PS4 and Switch. Find out how this effected Razion EX and what we can do as a gaming and Shmup community to turn it around. So Razion EX goes from being the Switch shoot em up you've never played, to the Switch Shmup that everyone can now play"

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Thanks 1

Just curious, is Art of Fighting 3 the smoothest and most animated (number of sprites) game on the system, or are there other very smooth well animated games on the system as good or better? (Any genre)

I was just playing it with a person I know who owns it, and it's really well animated. For a fighting game maybe too well animated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy ST said:

Just curious, is Art of Fighting 3 the smoothest and most animated (number of sprites) game on the system, or are there other very smooth well animated games on the system as good or better? (Any genre)

I was just playing it with a person I know who owns it, and it's really well animated. For a fighting game maybe too well animated.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves > everything else on the system and lots of games that have come after it.

Although now that I think about it, Neo Turf Masters and Last Blade 2 have nice animation, as well.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

I always felt bad for Art of Fighting 3 Leeroy. It's such a good fighter and the animation and sprites in a game are fantastic. But it always falls short to the others series like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Shodown during that time period. But glad to hear that gamers like yourself enjoy this game. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with NeoHomeBrew with the latest on Hypernoid. Here we see it ported onto the NeoGeo CD & CDDA Player. Amazing to say the least. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

Hypernoid ported to the Neo Geo CD system. Only one initial load from CD is needed to get the game running. All graphics and animations can be rendered like in the original Neo Geo MVS / AES version without any quality losses. Also, saving game progress, scores and options to the internal memory card works now. I am currently working on a CDDA Player to be able to read 44100 Hz Stereo PCM audio files from the CD and play them as background music in the game. More details can be read on my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/nhb

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Good news. Due to continuing strong demand in our physical releases we will reprint both Razion EX (standard/regular) and Gunlord X (standard/regular) in 2022. We plan to do 1000 units. For Gunlord X it's the 2nd and final reprint. We are also working on something for PS4 fans.

Anthony..

And the tower turns out to be Osaka's Tsutenkaku Tower but that doesn't appear in the game (as far as I can tell)

Also, Osaka's mean temperature is 67 fahrenheit compared to New York's 57 fahrenheit, so that claim also holds up

On balance I hereby declare this poster to be 'mostly pretty accurate'

• Like 1

I asked one of my friends about Athena and he agrees that Athena's new look is weird. Looking at it again, I don't think it's bad, but it doesn't really look like Athena. Still better than 2001, though. What were they thinking with that design? I actually don't want to know, so pretend I didn't ask. I don't really ever play as Athena unless I'm actually playing Psycho Soldier, as you don't really have much of a choice there if you are player 1 in that game, but whatever. I'm still not sure if I will actually buy KOF XV. At least it's on PC, though, so I am considering it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I always felt bad for Art of Fighting 3 Leeroy. It's such a good fighter and the animation and sprites in a game are fantastic. But it always falls short to the others series like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Shodown during that time period. But glad to hear that gamers like yourself enjoy this game. :)

Anthony..

You forgot to answer he question lol.

But yeah they sacrificed a lot to get that smooth animation. Gets a lot of flak by fighting fans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with NeoHomeBrew with the latest on Hypernoid. Here we see it ported onto the NeoGeo CD & CDDA Player. Amazing to say the least. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

Hypernoid ported to the Neo Geo CD system. Only one initial load from CD is needed to get the game running. All graphics and animations can be rendered like in the original Neo Geo MVS / AES version without any quality losses. Also, saving game progress, scores and options to the internal memory card works now. I am currently working on a CDDA Player to be able to read 44100 Hz Stereo PCM audio files from the CD and play them as background music in the game. More details can be read on my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/nhb

Anthony..

Looks awesome.  Love me some Arkanoid-style ball and paddle games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

You forgot to answer he question lol.

But yeah they sacrificed a lot to get that smooth animation. Gets a lot of flak by fighting fans.

Hahaha. Sorry about ot answering the question Leeroy. :) But I agree that AOF 3 gets a lot of flak.

Here's in interesting story... I remember one time our local arcade owner years ago had AOF 3 when it was new on the market had it installed in one of his MVS units. He had high hopes of it to help make a return after spending good money just to have it in one of the slots. Two weeks later, he removed it from the cabinet and was so disappointed on the overall turnout for gamers to play. What I was told by his son, that it hurt him financially for months because of the game, and he wasn't considering buying anymore Neo-Geo MVS titles afterwards. Lucky that didn't happen. 

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

9 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Looks awesome.  Love me some Arkanoid-style ball and paddle games.

I agree Ryan. I really want to have this game for a physical release for the AES ad NGCD. It just keeps getting better and better. Thank you as always to stopping by to see the latest from us bro. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Gunlord was a much-needed-and-deserved breath of fresh air on the system. (Ditto for Last Hope.)

So true Slidel. Was really impressed when I first saw it on YouTube with video footage at the time. It made me want to pre-order it right away. Thank you for stopping by to see our content bro. :)

Anthony..