IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member @GadgetUK with an update with the Xeno Crisis concern. Let's listen in on what he has to say shall we. :)

From the description,

"If you have the AES or MVS version and a UNIBIOS, you can switch the game music into stereo easily =D Thanks to Bitmap Bureau for sharing this quick fix with me. It does need to be re-applied between power cycles, but a more permanent fix is coming."

Anthony..

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member @GadgetUK with an update with the Xeno Crisis concern. Let's listen in on what he has to say shall we. :)

From the description,

"If you have the AES or MVS version and a UNIBIOS, you can switch the game music into stereo easily =D Thanks to Bitmap Bureau for sharing this quick fix with me. It does need to be re-applied between power cycles, but a more permanent fix is coming."

Anthony..

Anthony I let them know this patch doesn't fix the sound on an Omega MVS, at least not on mine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Anthony I let them know this patch doesn't fix the sound on an Omega MVS, at least not on mine.  

Oh wow! That's interesting to know Mike. Glad you wrote in to them since you and others are experiencing trouble bro.

Anthony.. 

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Reaperman said:

When I emailed them last night about the bug, Mike actually got back to me with a real-person response in just 7 min saying they'd check it out. Wow.

The more I think about that, limited ammo is the gameplay balance point between the two selectable characters, and I might not want unlimited on. I still suck at xeno crisis, and haven't beaten the first boss, so I'll probably give in and try easy-mode today. ;)  I have gotten farther with the evercade/genesis/dreamcast versions, but I also think easy mode may have been involved there.

For differences so far, I'm noticing that there seems to be more frames of animation on a lot of little things, tweaked controls, possibly rebalanced enemy ratios, new art for rescuable civilians, and the music doesn't pause between rooms. It doesn't have the pop-up scores on defeated enemies of the more modern systems, and I can't help but think the neo geo sprite count could have handled that. I'm aware that there is also increased color count (from pre-release comparison shots), but my eyes really had trouble seeing that in stills, much less when the action is going.

Anyway, I did also made another purchase from them last night, I ordered the arcade 'fixins' kit (I want the mini marquee since this cart will probably live inside my mvs cab nearly permanently, and while I was there, I also ordered the NGCD version, because it does sound very nice.  I wasn't sure if the coming-soon digital rom pack from my mvs purchase included the CD version's digital too.

I'm having a blast. I already did the unboxing portion of my video on it (since I've never gotten a new MVS game before), and am doing my gameplay & comparison footage today if I manage to 'get gud' enough on it that I don't totally embarrass myself.

Good to know Reaper. Yeah, Mike response really quickly and is just as concern seeing it's not just one or two gamers that are having trouble. He's been working around the clock trying to find out why this is happening and wants to troubleshoot it ASAP.

Glad you ordered the NGCD version bro. They say that particular port was excellent with not bugs at all. So far, its a fantastic port that most are giving it a perfect 10 score. i didn't pre-order it. But i wish that I did. 

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

SNKオンラインショップで、イベント商品のリバイバル販売が始まっております! 10/31(日)までの期間限定ですので、是非チェックしてみてくださいね https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=IVENTSP2 #SNK #KOF #龍虎の拳 #NEOGEO
Translated from Japanese by
Revival sales of event products have begun at the SNK online shop! It's only available until 10/31 (Sun), so please check it out. https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=IVENTSP2 #SNK#KOF#龍虎の拳#NEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 Ver.6.14アップデートを実施! ショップでのユニットパーツの追加、チームボーナスの追加などの情報を記載しています! 詳細はアプリまたはサイト内のお知らせをご覧ください。 #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211011_01qm68u.html
Translated from Japanese by
[MSA Notice] Ver.6.14 update implemented! Information on adding unit parts, adding team bonuses, etc. in the shop is described! For details, please see the notice in the app or site. #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211011_01qm68u.html

Anthony..

Here's my big take on it, I do some side-by-side split screen with the genesis toward the end:

The differences are subtle.  I keep going back and forth on if there's a scaling thing the drop-in spiders do on the second level, because it's so quick.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Thank you for sharing your excellent gameplay and review of Xeno Crisis for the Neo-Geo MVS Reaper. So glad you enjoy your purchase and having a blast playing it at the same time bro. We would love to see you do more new Neo-Geo unboxing videos in the near future future. Would be fine additions to your channel bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anúncio: Estamos apoiando este grandes finais através do nosso programa de suporte para eSports! #SNK #KOF2002UM https://challonge.com/pt/tgc5vk3x https://facebook.com/DreamersForceFGC https://youtube.com/channel/UCJGPyzmYkqrb1BX20jxd3ew
Translated from Portuguese by

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Who's the newest character coming to KOF XV? Tune into tomorrow's character trailer to find out! Visit SNK's Official YouTube Channel for more info! >SNK YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame #SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

On 10/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, 128Kgames said:

Same with my Omega--I guess that fix doesn't like the MV1C.

The music does seem to be there on the right channel, just very, very (very) low. And also in mono, where genesis music seems to be in stereo.

I have some old headphones that let me adjust cup volume independently, and left has to be turned down to 1, to match a full volume (10) on the right cup. That right channel's music also has a high-pitched squealing noise in with the music.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

I am especially interested in how many lives you get (relative to 1 credit on the arcade version) in Metal Slug X.

For Metal Slug X:

In MVS Arcade mode, the softdips default to 3 lives, but let operators pick any number between 1&99 lives per credit

In AES Console mode, the option menu defaults to 3 lives, and lets players pick between any number between 1&5

(same cart, just switched bios over)

It's pretty common for an MVS arcade game's softdip menu to allow tuning the number of lives per credit, but pretty uncommon for it to allow silly numbers like 99, as it does in Metal Slug X.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Do Neo Geo games give you the same amount of lives as 1 credit (per player) on the arcade version would give you?

I am especially interested in how many lives you get (relative to 1 credit on the arcade version) in Metal Slug X.

Hi Lord Mushroom,

Thank you for stopping by the Neo-Geo thread. Yes, Neo-Geo games on the AES do give you the same amount of lives per player just like the MVS arcade would give you. As for Metal Slug X. Reaperman said it best to help you with that gem of a title bro. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

This evening, were back with John Hancock doing a great unboxing video of Xeno Crisis. Nice one John. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

From the description,

"Xeno Crisis was a successful kickstarter and is now even being offered on Neo Geo AES, MVS, and CD formats!. This arcade shooter takes inspiration from several classics with pop culture references. Also available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Microsoft Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Sega Dreamcast, Evercade"

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

NGDEVTEAMS latest newsletter. 

qV0z9vYe_bigger.jpgNGDEV @ngdevteam

NGDEV] Kraut Buster AES RE shipping 1st and partially 2nd print
Newsletter from 13. October 2021

Dear customers,
the remaining orders of Kraut Buster AES RE 1st batch (USA/Canada/UK) and partially 2nd batch will start shipping
*20th October*.
The cut off for 2nd print orders is roughly 2nd March 2019 2nd print orders after that date are in the next batch.
The remaining 2nd prints ship in the 1st quarter of 2022. Fast Striker AES 2nd print goes into production in 2022.
The overall packing and shipping processing will take about 7-10 days.
Again apologies for the insane waiting times.
The shop system will inform you if the shipping status changes. Please keep in mind that address changes in the old shop system can only be done by us.

You can find your AES orders in the old shop

Best regards,
NGDEV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

After years of waiting, it’s finally here. Developed by@BitmapBureau, Xeno Crisis is the first brand-new #neogeo AES release I’ve purchased since Matrimelee more than 15 years ago. Resisting the temptation to pick up the Genesis and Evercade versions was torture! #RETROGAMING

Anthony..

• Like 1