IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

On 11/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, Tanooki said:

NeoTris isn't even for sale anymore is it?  Missed out on that one I guess. :D

If I remember correctly Tanooki, the person in charge of it said to me that he might have some avalible if the original pre-order purchasers back out. If you like, here the link to his Facebook page to ask if you can be put on standby. ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/Chipsonsteroids

Anthony..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Have you been a gamer of the Neo-Geo since the 1990's Draxxon? We love to listen in on Neo-Geo stories & memories for sure. ;-)

Yes I was playing NeoGeo in the 90s. I was a fan of World Heroes, Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown. I played them all in the arcade. I never got into art of fighting much. Wind Jammers and Neo Turf Masters Golf were pretty awesome as well. I think we all like KOF. (NeoGeo Battle Coliseum was neat too)

I never owned any NeoGeo systems. (except the mini cabinet in recent times) They were too expensive for me at that time. (I am 43 years old).

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

WIN_20211106_11_42_25_Pro.jpg

This is one of my favorite SNK games. It was one of the few original XBOX titles I owned for that system when it was new. (Tao Feng was another that was exclusive.) Not gonna lie, I am a bigger Street Fighter/Capcom fan than KOF/SNK. That's why I like this game. 

(Tiny Controls are hard, lolol. But they do work. I couldn't get the Raging Demon "Shun Goku Satsu" to go off. I do know its Jab, Jab, Forward, Short, Fierce, with 3 meters, LOLOL. I need more practice on the tiny controls!!! I think maybe you need to be low on life on this game as well.)

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】特典紹介 SNKオンラインショップ限定で予約販売中のロムパッケージセットに付属しているアートブックは必見! 全120ページの大ボリュームです アートブックはSNKオンラインショップ限定版だけに付いてきますので、是非ご購入くださいね https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&keyword=KOF15%E3%80%80%E3%83%AD%E3%83%A0%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=1007_art #SNK #KOF #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV] Benefits Don't miss the art book that comes with the Rom Package Set, which is available for pre-order only at the SNK online shop! It is a large volume of 120 pages in total  The art book comes only with the SNK online shop limited edition, so please purchase it. https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?siborikomi_clear=1&keyword=KOF15%E3%80%80%E3%83%AD%E3%83%A0%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=1007_art #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony..

At the end i couldn't help it, i had to order KOF XV with the Mai Shiranui AES case  ?... i would love to get the one with the Mai canvas but that cost a bit too much... then there is also the Rakuten edition with acrylic figures of the Super Heroines Team which i wouldn't mind to get at all ???. Probably there will be a Limited Edition too for USA and Europe... and all they have to do is put a big picture of Mai in the cover or something similar for me to take the bait again! ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Draxxon said:

Yes I was playing NeoGeo in the 90s. I was a fan of World Heroes, Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown. I played them all in the arcade. I never got into art of fighting much. Wind Jammers and Neo Turf Masters Golf were pretty awesome as well. I think we all like KOF. (NeoGeo Battle Coliseum was neat too)

I never owned any NeoGeo systems. (except the mini cabinet in recent times) They were too expensive for me at that time. (I am 43 years old).

Wow! That's really cool that you're a Neo-Geo gamer since the 90's Draxxon. Same here. I was hooked onto Neo-Geo since then and never regretted doing so. Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters were always on my list when visiting the arcades to play them when available.

I'm glad you also liked the all so underrated World Heroes series. When I was back in grade school, I use to tell other classmates to play the games from the series to show how enjoyable the World Heroes series was. about 90% of them use to tell me it was fun to play them. The rest said it was just "okay". But none of them said they didn't liked it. So I was happy to help spread the word around for the franchise. :)

Glad you also enjoy Neo Geo Battle Coliseum Drax. That happens to be the first game I ever played on the Sammy Atomiswve board when I use to got down into Chinatown in NYC. I was impressed with it and how SNK wanted to continue onward by allowing their games on other platforms in the arcades. :)

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Draxxon said:

Nice pic with the Mini and those two white controllers Drax. I personally liked the Neo Geo Mini and think it's worth investing into one for all to have. And when you hack it to play thousands of others fun titles, its nothing but non-stop action bro. :)

Thank you for also making a video of you playing SVC Chaos bro. Do you also do YouTube videos as well. I'll be glad to subscribe to your channel to see the latest on what you have to offer and seeing your gamer skills in action Drax. 

Hahaha. I can understand you being more of a Street Fighter/Capcom buff bro. My brother is the same way. Notably with X-Men vs Street Fighter.  :D

Anthony...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

At the end i couldn't help it, i had to order KOF XV with the Mai Shiranui AES case  ?... i would love to get the one with the Mai canvas but that cost a bit too much... then there is also the Rakuten edition with acrylic figures of the Super Heroines Team which i wouldn't mind to get at all ???. Probably there will be a Limited Edition too for USA and Europe... and all they have to do is put a big picture of Mai in the cover or something similar for me to take the bait again! ?

That's awesome Pancho. The temptation was to great to ignore with Mai. Glad you made the move to buy it and will be adding it to your already awesome collection. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

This is my youtube
Atari Flashback Nexus - YouTube

As far as videos of me playing, There are a few out there. Most recently was the Shang Tsung's Fight Night MK1-4 tournaments at the Galloping Ghost arcade in Chicago area (Before Covid). I've been mostly retired since tekken tag 1. Not much youtube in those days before EVO. People used to trade VHS tapes of us players, I don't have any of those anymore.

World Heroes was awesome. I wish SNK showed it more love.

Edited by Draxxon

1 minute ago, Draxxon said:

This is my youtube
Atari Flashback Nexus - YouTube

As far as videos of me playing, There are a few out there. Most recently was the Shang Tsung Fight Night tournaments at the Galloping Ghost arcade in Chicago area. (Before Covid)

World Heroes was awesome. I wish SNK showed it more love.

I agree Drax. World Heroes was awesome. I hope SNK will revive the franchise again for the new generation of gamers to enjoy just like was did growing up.

Excellent. I'll drop by your channel right now to show support and subscribe to you as wel Drax. Thank you for the link. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Just some updates on the Atari Flashback NEXUS project. It has NeoGeo Pocket/color support and FinalBurnAlpha and Neo support. But, you are limited to the one button joystick. so, not a lot of 1 button neogeo games.

Just remembered. i lied earlier, i did own a neogeo pocket and color with a couple games for a short while.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Just now, Draxxon said:

Just some updates on the Atari Flashback NEXUS project. It has NeoGeo Pocket support and FinalBurnAlpha and Neo support. But, you are limited to the one button joystick. so, not a lot of 1 button neogeo games.

Gotcha Drax. This will be fun to see for sure. Thank you for the heads up. 

Anthony..

10 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

Just remembered. i lied earlier, i did own a neogeo pocket and color with a couple games for a short while.

Haha. No worries Drax. Glad you owned a NGP&C in your collection. Lots of fun games in it's small library. Thinking of buying them again and purchase a flash cart this time from @SainT (James)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

『KOF』珠玉のアートに惚れろ! 歴代アートギャラリーその1『KOF '94』~『KOF 2002』を紹介 #KOF #KOF15 #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/gallery01.html
Fall in love with the "KOF" gem art! Introducing successive art galleries 1 "KOF '94"-"KOF 2002" #KOF#KOF15#SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/gallery01.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『KOF』珠玉のアートに惚れろ! 歴代アートギャラリーその2『KOF 2003』~『KOF XIV』を紹介 #KOF #KOF15 #SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/gallery02.html
Fall in love with the "KOF" gem art! Introducing successive art galleries 2 "KOF 2003"-"KOF XIV" #KOF#KOF15#SNK https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/gallery02.html

Anthony

Hi guys,

食欲の秋やスポーツの秋、芸術の秋などなど… 「○○の秋」と表現されることが多い秋ですが、みなさんはどんな秋にしたいですか? #SNK #KOF #餓狼伝説 #サムスピ
Autumn of appetite, autumn of sports, autumn of art, etc ... "○○ Autumn is often referred to as "Autumn," but what kind of autumn do you want to have? #SNK#KOF#餓狼伝説#サムスピ

Anthony..

6 hours ago, enoofu said:

Metal Jesus on Metal Slugs clones

9 Metal Slug Clone Games Worth Playing!

Oh wow! This was incredible to see from @Metal Jesus enoofu. Thank you for posting this up. Some of these games I never heard before. Now it piqued my interest.  :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Japanese store promo standee for Fatal Fury 3, for the Neo Geo AES. There is no more appropriate commentary on the size of Neo Geo carts than pointing out that the store display isn’t even as large as the product.  #SNK #NeoGeo #Retrogaming

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

#NeoGeo #MagicianLord  i love this early #90s NeoGeo game. When I first finished the game, it was a special moment to me. A great game to beat, either #NeoGeoAES #NeoGeoMVS #NeoGeoCD this game is tough  #sonypvm #crt #arcadegames #arcade #scanlines #insertcoin #1990 #SNK

Anthony..

For those who just received Kraut Buster, I hope everyone is enjoying this game, it's by far the best NGDEV Team game ever made for MVS/AES.

It's well worth the wait (6 years), look at how much you'll need to pay trying to get it on eBay now, this is not BIN item, but actual auction with 6 more days to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154685105002

• Like 1

2 hours ago, electricmastro said:

Cool showcase of fighting heroines:

Ah! Another superb choice as usual mastro. :thumbsup: :)

SNK Gals' Fighters is amazingly fun to play. At first, I didn't think much of it. Then I played it over a friends house and was truly impressed with it to the point I had to have it in the collection. Well worth the investment for sure bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vincewy said:

For those who just received Kraut Buster, I hope everyone is enjoying this game, it's by far the best NGDEV Team game ever made for MVS/AES.

It's well worth the wait (6 years), look at how much you'll need to pay trying to get it on eBay now, this is not BIN item, but actual auction with 6 more days to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154685105002

Thank you Vince. Hope all is well and hope you're feeling better bro. :)

So true Vince. It's well worth the wait for Kraut Buster. Yeah, those prices for it off Ebay are even for a bidding auction of it.  I just saw it off Ebay and wow! It keeps going up.

I pre-ordered the 2nd print of it and according to the NGDEVTEAM newsletter, my order will not be part of the first batch being shipped out. I just missed the cut off date with my order, and now I have to wait in the 1st quarter of 2022. Oh phooey! :|

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 11月7日まで「SPECIAL AUTUMN CAMPAIGN STEP UP CRANK」を開催! 「聖骸騎士マリア/覚醒エレナ/ファイ」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211104_04c3m0v.html
[MSA update information] "SPECIAL AUTUMN CAMPAIGN STEP UP CRANK" will be held until November 7th! You can get "Sacred Knight Maria / Awakening Elena / Phi"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211104_04c3m0v.html

Anthony...