IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This morning, were back with Steve from Top Tier Arcade.

After doing a successful video series of restoring us 6 slot Neo-Geo MVS unit, Steve continues with a series on the 6 games at are in the slots of his big red cabinet.

So lets dive right in, and see Art of Fighting in slot 1 on his unit! :)

From the description,

"Hey everyone, welcome back to Top Tier Arcade!

In this video, we will be taking a look at Slot 1 - Art of Fighting - Part 3 - Game Review. We look at Art of Fighting as an overall game, including some history and some interesting facts as well. Plus, my personal memories and game play!

All this and more in this video...

The Art of Fighting MVS Game Cartridge cost $40 (Canadian)"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry,

SNK/#NeoGeo CD Sengoku 2 game boxed with instructions #retrodeals #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/rbOBAuIqeL

Cm6qKY2XYAAH2GS.jpg
0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

#NeoGeo Neogeo Pocket Color Colour Game Boxed Baseball Stars #retrodeals #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/vAfgrHhFRi

Cm2jPGqWcAAJ5F9.jpg
0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were with Gamer Logic.

Here, we see the kind sir talking about his Neo-Geo memories while playing Magician Lord at the sametime. Nice video to say the least and worth checking up more on his Neo-Geo works!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from NeoGeoCollector.

#Sengoku series on the #neogeo AES - love the artwork #retrogaming

Cm80-kiWAAEJzV8.jpg
7 retweets17 likes
Retweet
Liked

Saturday night! Time for some #windjammers #flyingpowerdisk on the #neogeo #retrogaming

Cm8coAPXgAANpLg.jpg
Cm8cp2NWEAAJm45.jpg
Cm8croEWgAEjOmt.jpg
3 retweets11 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with new Atariage member, Yakumo1975 (Retro Core) doing another fantastic video for us. Here we see him explaining with the Battle of the Ports with Fatal Fury Special.

From from the description.

"Probably my favorite game in the Fatal Fury series, let's take a look at Fatal Fury Special (2 in some cases).

The X68000 and FM Towns versions are missing from this video due to not having the game or being able to make it run. Emulated versions such as the 360, PSP or Wii are also missing because they're just emulated with poor screen options as is the case with the 360 release."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon where with a channel named Neo Reviews. Here we see a fantastic talk through with the NGPC. The little handheld that could! :)

Anthony...

Hi Byron and Anthony!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Busy weekend. I subbed to Byron's channel by the way. Great content!

As far as the Neo Geo Pocket, I really think it's an underrated system. There are some fantastic games for it and it has crazy long battery life. Not to mention the systems themselves are still fairly cheap on eBay if you're looking to pick one up. There are a few things you need to know if you're planning on picking one up:

1. They are not backlit (just like the Game Boy Color), so you will need to play it in a fairly well lit area.

2. A lot of the rare games will cost you. I suppose this is true for most retro systems though.

3. You will have a to import the majority of games from online sellers. In my experience, I very rarely come across Neo Geo Pocket games in the wild.

4. There is an internal watch battery that saves system data like date and time. It's super easy to change and cheap. If you come across a Neo Geo Pocket giving a memory error, you just need to change that battery.

5. It's a lot of fun!

Hope that helps you out, Byron! And welcome to the forums.

• Like 2

Hi Byron and Anthony!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Busy weekend. I subbed to Byron's channel by the way. Great content!

As far as the Neo Geo Pocket, I really think it's an underrated system. There are some fantastic games for it and it has crazy long battery life. Not to mention the systems themselves are still fairly cheap on eBay if you're looking to pick one up. There are a few things you need to know if you're planning on picking one up:

1. They are not backlit (just like the Game Boy Color), so you will need to play it in a fairly well lit area.

2. A lot of the rare games will cost you. I suppose this is true for most retro systems though.

3. You will have a to import the majority of games from online sellers. In my experience, I very rarely come across Neo Geo Pocket games in the wild.

4. There is an internal watch battery that saves system data like date and time. It's super easy to change and cheap. If you come across a Neo Geo Pocket giving a memory error, you just need to change that battery.

5. It's a lot of fun!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply and helping Byron with his interest regarding the NGPC. I informed him that you replied and he'll be on shortly to view your posting. :)

Thank you for what you do for us on the Neo-Geo thread and with the community. We look forward on see your future works with Cheeto and Jynx. :-D

Anthony...

• Like 1

Someone know the value for a Neo XYX MVS & AES?

Hi VGC,

I'm not sure with the MVS version for Neo XYX. But the AES is around $1,600 at this point. But those are outrageous Ebay prices.

Here's 2 links to show you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-XYX-Limited-Full-Set-Neo-Geo-AES-NG-DEV-TEAM-Japan-Version-NEW-/281992023631?hash=item41a808ce4f:g:n94AAOSwHnFVinJv

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-XYX-Limited-Full-Set-Neo-Geo-AES-NG-DEV-TEAM-English-Version-1441-NEW-/281731173899?hash=item41987c8e0b:g:5I0AAOSwMmBVinVe

NOTE: This's from tokyotoyfactory. a seller with a checkered past.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Deadly Gaming LV doing what he does best. Here, we see him with the Neo-Geo AC adapter for his Neo-Geo AES.

From the description,

"A short video showing my power supply for the Neo Geo AES! lol I just noticed in the video I said "those 3 numbers" and there were 4 numbers which were 9346. Nothing like making a video when you first wake up in the morning."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with RockstarRunner7 talking about the Neo-Geo CDZ system. Nicely done by the kind sir.

From the description,

" My CDZ system and a quick look at Viewpoint.

All game play taken from my CDZ system through a PC capture card, so some in-game scan line based effects may look incorrect."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were with Gamer Logic.

Here, we see the kind sir talking about his Neo-Geo memories while playing Magician Lord at the sametime. Nice video to say the least and worth checking up more on his Neo-Geo works!

Anthony...

Nice to see another fan of Magician Lord.

I think to this day it still is my favorite game on the system. In fact, when I first obtained my AES in '98, Magician Lord was first game I purchased.

I'll never forget seeing ML on a Neo (four slot) arcade at a college pizza place. Upon my first playing - I was completely blown away by the game's audio! That was followed by purchasing $5 worth of quarters

playing it nonstop to see the latter levels and of course - more audio!

I recall a tidbit (think it was EGM?) mentioning a sequel to Magician Lord that sadly never came to fruition. :( Bummer!

Now my first encounter w/ the Neo Geo unit was from a buddy who is an arcade operator (I'm lucky, I know). He purchased the four slot version. I'll never forget the games: Art of Fighting, King of Monsters, Riding Hero and Super Spy. In all honesty, I wasn't really blown away by those games. It was that other four slot at that pizza joint which had Magician Lord and Nam '75 - another one of my favorites.

I'll also never forget seeing these AES units and games being sold at Babbages and seeing that price tag <faints>

The buddy that I mentioned above had a hanging banner of Riding Hero being introduced as a "new game". Has anybody else ever seen these?

• Like 1

I just ordered one of those JNX Lazy Finger modules from ebay, and a case from Lions3.

I don't really have a 'logical' reason for buying it, since I run unibios already and there's usually a cheat for rapidfire (which I never use anyway), but sometimes the heart just wants what it wants. I probably would not have made the purchase if it weren't available from ebay, or if there wasn't a pretty 3d-printed case available.

I've never bought from JNX before, but I've heard nothing but good, and this is a rather stylish piece of gear at the end of the day.

pics lifted from their respective sites:

VsumEDrm.jpg vQfxe8Bm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hi Byron and Anthony!

5. It's a lot of fun!

Wow! That's a lot of help! Thank you so much! Taking all of the things you said into account, the NEO-GEO Pocket Color sounds awesome! I don't think that it not having a backlit screen would be too much of an issue as I am used to playing my Gameboy Colour and have gotten used to it. At some point (hopefully in the near future) I want to get a NEO-GEO Pocket Color so I am very grateful for how much the people on this forum have made me even more interested in the system. The people on Atariage rock! Also, if I do get this system, I will no doubt make a video about it! I'm glad that you like my channel by the way! :D

• Like 1

Nice to see another fan of Magician Lord.

I think to this day it still is my favorite game on the system. In fact, when I first obtained my AES in '98, Magician Lord was first game I purchased.

I'll never forget seeing ML on a Neo (four slot) arcade at a college pizza place. Upon my first playing - I was completely blown away by the game's audio! That was followed by purchasing $5 worth of quarters

playing it nonstop to see the latter levels and of course - more audio!

I recall a tidbit (think it was EGM?) mentioning a sequel to Magician Lord that sadly never came to fruition. :( Bummer!

Now my first encounter w/ the Neo Geo unit was from a buddy who is an arcade operator (I'm lucky, I know). He purchased the four slot version. I'll never forget the games: Art of Fighting, King of Monsters, Riding Hero and Super Spy. In all honesty, I wasn't really blown away by those games. It was that other four slot at that pizza joint which had Magician Lord and Nam '75 - another one of my favorites.

I'll also never forget seeing these AES units and games being sold at Babbages and seeing that price tag <faints>

The buddy that I mentioned above had a hanging banner of Riding Hero being introduced as a "new game". Has anybody else ever seen these?

Hi schuwalker.

What an interesting story that you have pertaining to the Neo-Geo. Thank you for sharing your memories and here on the thread. Were always thrilled to read what the Neo-Geo meant to gamers like yourself and how they were so influential growing up with them. Since you mention pizza, that's always awesome to know that with Neo-Geo! :-D

In regards to the Riding Hero banner shcuwalker, is this the banner that you were mentioning in your post from your friend of yours?

CgbqDtAVAAEhNPf.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Wow! That's a lot of help! Thank you so much! Taking all of the things you said into account, the NEO-GEO Pocket Color sounds awesome! I don't think that it not having a backlit screen would be too much of an issue as I am used to playing my Gameboy Colour and have gotten used to it. At some point (hopefully in the near future) I want to get a NEO-GEO Pocket Color so I am very grateful for how much the people on this forum have made me even more interested in the system. The people on Atariage rock! Also, if I do get this system, I will no doubt make a video about it! I'm glad that you like my channel by the way! :D

Glad it was to your liking Byron. Mike does plenty for us in the Neo-Geo scene and having him here to help others is always fantastic. We hope that you purchase one Byron. Would make an excellent choice for your collection! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1