IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ!ネオジオ! #NeoGeo #ネオジオ

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! Neo Geo! #NeoGeo #ネオジオ

Cyi0I8UXUAAp-tF.jpg
1 reply3 retweets7 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

うむ!正規品です。本当によかった〜 #ネオジオ #ゲーム #レトロ #neogeo #ビデオゲーム #snk

Hmm! It is genuine. Really nice ~ #ネオジオ #ゲーム #レトロ #neogeo #ビデオゲーム #snk

Cyiun78XUAEB7dV.jpg
0 replies0 retweets9 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hey Anthony I have a question. What is your opinion on the Neo Geo X?

hahahahahahaha *snort*

I don't know how Anthony feels, but the general consensus is that it's not great, and it's priced like something that should be a lot better. IIRC, it uses a flat-out stolen emulator on hardware that really isn't well suited to the task. I'm unsure of exactly how 'not great,' as I've not played one, but having a screen in the wrong aspect ratio is not a good start. The X can't possibly be worse than those dotemu steam "ports," though. As far as emulation goes, I seem to remember the neo geo collections (ps2/wii/psp) reviewed better. (Again, I haven't played those, but hear good things)

I still want one, but $30 is all I'm willing to pay for a full NGX setup with the docking station and at least one controller. When I eventually get it, I don't really intend to play it.

Or to summarize my opinion: Snobbity snob snob snob. Snob Snobly snob, snob. poop.

(openly snobbing is an important skill for neo geo fans, and shouldn't be neglected) :grin:

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

I've been enjoying some of the old NGX topics, which largely devolved into dogpiling and mild drama.

While I'm known to enjoy doing that (*points to the post above*) I'm a little embarrassed at the degree to which I feature in these.

Anyway, here's four fairly juicy ones that popped on my NGX search in case anybody wants to visit the past:

What happened to neo geo x?

Neo Geo X. Who's bought one?

NGX: Disappointed...........with "gamers", not the system.

SNK Playmore terminates Tommo licensing agreement

• Like 2

Hey Anthony I have a question. What is your opinion on the Neo Geo X?

Hey Evan,

Reaperman pretty much said it best.

But, Its still worth getting for your collection seeing that you're a Neo-Geo buff like us. Just don't overspend for it. I do own one for collecting purposes. But you just can't defeat the original hardware.

However, you do have those that enjoy it like Byron from Byron's Reviews and he surely makes good use of it. To be fair, here's a video showing why the Neo Geo X is liked by others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxynW2sZ3o

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Hi guys,

User Actions
Follow
zv9c0i1C_bigger.jpg新世界うずら@vitalsine

同時刻、SNK筐体はループレバーというところに思想を感じます。怒IIIの時代だからかな

View translation

CzaRQu1VIAAk_3R.jpg
8:58 AM - 11 Dec 2016
0 replies2 retweets4 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Arte oficial de Cheng Sinzan en Fatal Fury 2 con cameos de Robert Garcia y Yuri Sakazaki. #FatalFury2

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

Art official of Cheng Sinzan in Fatal Fury 2 with cameos of Robert Garcia and Yuri Sakazaki. #FatalFury2

CyA1u-lUkAEH73x.jpg
0 replies3 retweets11 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with "TB4667-The Golden Age Gamer". Here, were going to see is awesome collection of gaming ports/compilations from the PS2 and Original Xbox that were from SNK. A very well done video and I'm certain you'll all enjoy. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

También estaban pidiendo mucho la foto a detalle de Neo Geo Land, entonces: he ahí, cortesía del mismo Ángel Torres

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

Also were asking much the photo to detail of Neo Geo Land, then: I have there, courtesy of the same Angel Torres

Cq0TDP-VIAQ59uq.jpg
2 replies3 retweets11 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning were with Todd from Todd's Nerd Cave. Todd just recently traded for a Neo- Geo AES unit and he wanted to share with us his new unit by also showing us what it looks like playing with the Open Source Scan Converter. Really looks crystal clear and sharp looking.

Thank you Todd for sharing this with us. :)

From the description,

"Here's a quick of the Neo Geo home console being used with the Open Source Scan Converter.

Default settings used other than:
Line triple mode
Analog Sync Low Pass Filter: Medium
12% scanlines"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

METAL SLUG ATTACK:New Unit appear! #MSA https://youtu.be/cbe5HGGF8Yw

CzelfNnUcAAO3de.jpg
0 replies11 retweets27 likes
Retweet
Liked

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「クリスマスエリ」を追加しました!12月19日(月)まで先行獲得を実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20161212_03ynr3u.html

MSA update: added new unit "Christmas Eli"! 12/19 (Monday) lead acquisition carried out here! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20161212_03ynr3u.html

CzdVPpzUAAATOb1.jpg
0 replies19 retweets34 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi Everyone! This weekend my brother and I played the hilarious and competitive LEAGUE BOWLING and we had a blast. We bowled pretty much like we would do in real life. Haha! Check out our video below:

from

the Slushy Bandits

Well done Alex and Arthur,

League Bowling is always fun to play. Not only is it a great sports title. But its quirkiness always puts a smile on my face as well as others! :)

Thank you as always fellas. Keep up the great work as always! :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Maybe not related to the Neo Geo but this involves Ex-devs from SNK who worked on Kizuna Encounter and some of the later KOF games on the system. It's a New fighting game for the SNES set to be released in 2017 on a 32MB cart.

http://realotakugamer.com/unholy-night-new-fighter-for-snes-by-ex-snk-developers-announced

• Like 1