IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Razoola from neo-geo.com finished explaining way the music of Crossed Swords 2from the NGCD won't be converted over to the cartridges. But that's fine. Raz is an awesome member! He does his best at what he loves to do!

"I will not be converting the music from the CD version of the game. There are a few reasons for this and the main one is I would have done it already if it were possible to create it accurately using samples and the data in the M ROM. It is not however given the needed samples are not in the V ROM. I did look long and hard at ways to do it. Your suggestion is valid but Is not one I would want to do given it would mean the loss of a channel for sound FX.

What I have done with this conversion thus far is make the game better than the CD version and using the music from Crossed Swords helps achieve that (because it adds more atmosphere). The music from CS2 is just like the game in my view, unpolished. Let me give you an example. In the CD version of the game have a listen to the music in the shop. That music is not fitting at all, the track was more designed for gameover / highscore entry than a shop to buy items.

I know your trying to be constructive and I am grateful for the offer of donations. I have thought about the idea of accepting donations for this only and then simply releasing the ROM once that pot was an amount I was happy with so to speak. It would mean people would have to make there own carts though and all the other stuff that comes with that.

This is unrelated to your post but it has come to my mind so its a good time to bring this up as it will let people who may not know me understand my motivations for making this conversion given some of the cons that have happen to members here in the past.

If I were looking to make big $$$ from this I would have done it already and it would have taken so much less effort on my part to achieve. I could have made minimum changes to the game to keep it like the CD version and even regressed it slightly. Then planted the music and sound FX from CS1 and totally scrapped CS2 FX (from the CD version). Come up with a back story along the lines of I got it from xacrow (or selling it for xacrow). Say the reason for CS1 music is that it was only done later when a CD version was commissioned which follows the line of what is known about the game. Getting a DEV board to stick it onto would not have been an issue either. Given the sums of $30000 paid for AF3 I don't think it would have been any issue at all for me to sell such an item for around $50000. It would have been more believable given my standing in the community and my contact to xacrow (who is the only person who is known to have unreleased NeoGeo games). I probably would have got away with but even if I never my disowning from the scene would have lost me so much less money than such a con would have gained.

People who know me though understand that this is not what I'm about at all. This conversion is for the community first and foremost and at no time will it be passed off as something that it is not. This is to protect the users of this community as much as anything else."

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Comparing the Picture Quality of the Analogue Interactive CMVS vs. MV1FZ...

Excellent comparison video! Even though I like the Analogue Interactive CMVS. I wasn't considerably impress by the unit Getting a custom unit cheaper and with better visuals than the Analogue is well worth it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Fatal Fury is back! Introduced as a 2D brawler and as a fan remake, Fatal Fury Final is a fun game and worth taking a look at and to play!

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/19/fatal-fury-final-is-a-free-fan-remake-of-the-original-fatal-fury/?onswipe_redirect=no&oswrr=1

Anthony...

The work you do on this thread really needs its own site or something - Just because its so excellent that you join all this Neo Geo news up in one place and to a certain degree that might be wasted posting it all here tucked away on an Atari forum! Great job, I've found new channels from reading this thread!

• Like 1

The work you do on this thread really needs its own site or something - Just because its so excellent that you join all this Neo Geo news up in one place and to a certain degree that might be wasted posting it all here tucked away on an Atari forum! Great job, I've found new channels from reading this thread!

I'm glad that you enjoy this thread and how you gained new information from new channels that you explored from this . Thank you for contributing to the Neo-Geo scene and how you can maintain and repair units that are in need of service!

When I became a new member here on Atariage, I was amazed on the other consoles that our members were interested in besides Atari units. But as the years went by, the forums had very little knowledge or interest in the Neo-Geo platform. So I decided to do a thread decided to the Neo-Geo and to SNK/P. Since then, I have over 830+ postings and over 21,000 views in less than a year. I was able to help guide many members that PM me on purchasing a CMVS, AES, CD, CDZ, NGPC, and NGX units so they can appreciate in the platforms as much as I do!

This maybe a very board thread. But its been working to a point that it allows members to view and participate in discussions and show their enjoyment with the Neo-Geo. Even though neo-geo.com is a bigger and a more recognized fanbase than "The Official NEO-GEO Thread", its a nice alternative for those that want something new and refreshing to view and be part of!

Thank you for your support and how you contribute to the Neo-Geo, and in video games in general. Please come by anytime. You're welcome to post your Neo-Geo maintenance & repairs freely as you like!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing videos from Neo-Geo fans enjoying what they do best. This video is astounding! Its a video regarding a 161-in-1 MVS cartridge and its being converted over to the AES. Its nicely done and great for those that want to play on their home system!

More from the poster,

"I debated if I should really upload this but hey, it's sort of interesting I suppose!

Here's the images I made up with the AES vs MVS pinouts. If the space is blank then that pin is unused."

PROG Top: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/...
PROG Bottom: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/...
CHA Top: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/...
CHA Bottom: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/...
NEO-ZMC2 Pinout: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/...

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Ever wanted to do a Unibios mod on your Neo-Geo MV-1FZ board? Well here's a quick and simple process on doing so thanks to the good people at "Project COE". These gamers have been posting Neo-Geo videos before and continue to serve the video game community with their Superior knowledge! Check out some of their vids here on this thread!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks for linking to the video. It's a very simple process for anyone that wants to update their BIOS, at least on the MV-1FZ. The next video will likely showcase how to change out the battery, although I'm still undecided if I want to go with a socket and a regular non-rechargable battery or the super cap method.

• Like 3

Comparing the Picture Quality of the Analogue Interactive CMVS vs. MV1FZ...

Thanks for the vid, I'd been wondering about that. Good to see the author posting above too. AI's video quality is all over the place on youtube, and I'll just bet the good ones were fixed in post. CGR's Shock Troopers vid was done on what I think is the AI review loaner. If there's a 'good one' that should be it. Watching it at first, I thought it was my imagination that it was down on picture quality until I looked at the neo geo jingle demo in the attract reel. Yellow-brown logo.

Back when I got my latest CMVS I spent most of my time deciding between the AI and the Omega, at the end of the day it was an internal shot of the Analogue that tipped me to Omega. Like the picture quality comparison vid, it didn't really look 'bad' but it also didn't look like something that costs what it does.

For the Omega's picture quality, I will say that it's got some slight noise in the image using all cables except scart. I think that's just par for the course with CMVS units, as I've got a Heckendorn CMVS that does it too (but doesn't offer scart). Kind of defeats the purpose of the consolization to use rgb video, but whatever.

mvsshrunk.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Thanks for the vid, I'd been wondering about that. Good to see the author posting above too. AI's video quality is all over the place on youtube, and I'll just bet the good ones were fixed in post. CGR's Shock Troopers vid was done on what I think is the AI review loaner. If there's a 'good one' that should be it. Watching it at first, I thought it was my imagination that it was down on picture quality until I looked at the neo geo jingle demo in the attract reel. Yellow-brown logo.

Back when I got my latest CMVS I spent most of my time deciding between the AI and the Omega, at the end of the day it was an internal shot of the Analogue that tipped me to Omega. Like the picture quality comparison vid, it didn't really look 'bad' but it also didn't look like something that costs what it does.

For the Omega's picture quality, I will say that it's got some slight noise in the image using all cables except scart. I think that's just par for the course with CMVS units, as I've got a Heckendorn CMVS that does it too (but doesn't offer scart). Kind of defeats the purpose of the consolization to use rgb video, but whatever.

mvsshrunk.jpg

Nicely said bro! The Omega was also the choice for me as well! Cool picture as well!

Anthony...

Thanks for linking to the video. It's a very simple process for anyone that wants to update their BIOS, at least on the MV-1FZ. The next video will likely showcase how to change out the battery, although I'm still undecided if I want to go with a socket and a regular non-rechargable battery or the super cap method.

I'm glad that you've became a member here on Atariage. Thank you for participating in this thread and we look forward to watching your next video here on "The Official NEO-GEO Thread". Please drop by anytime!

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back again showing videos and this one is interesting to view. A YouTube member by the name of "lukemorse1" is showing Neo-Geo intro videos from the SNK/P library! This gentleman is also known for his marvelous maintenance & repair channels on handling damage video game units and bringing them to playable condition once more!

lukemorse1 has done a "45 Japanese Neo Geo MVS game intros that is worth viewing. I also posted his uploads on this thread for those that like to maintain their Neo-Geo systems if they encounter those similar problems.

Anyway, another video will be posted by this author later on with his continuing video on JP Neo-Geo MVS intros. Hope you enjoy them!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Watching repair & maintenance videos once again. This morning, were back with Atariage member and repair expert "GadgetUK" showing how to repair a Neo-Geo power supply PAL adapter. An excellent video for the Neo-Geo players that use a PAL adapter and would like to maintain their adapter from time-to-time.

GadgetUK is an intelligent fellow that does other video game consoles and deserves recognition for his work as well. If you have time, please take a moment to view his past works on YouTube. He takes the time & dedication to educate the viewer on how to repair your unit on your own without spending money at a costly repair center!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224