IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey this might be a little off topic but are you guys members of the Neo-Geo forum? I made an account there a couple of days ago and it will let me log in but not post a topic. Is there a waiting period or something? I'm a little confused.

Hey this might be a little off topic but are you guys members of the Neo-Geo forum? I made an account there a couple of days ago and it will let me log in but not post a topic. Is there a waiting period or something? I'm a little confused.

I believe they have a limitation on new members creating topics, either based on time or postcount. I think they also have an email validation now too. The requirements are all fairly new, (last few years) so I don't have any direct experience with it. Any info I have was picked from here.

They also seem to have recently picked up an extremely high sensitivity to new members using the marketplace. No idea why on that one.

All things considered, it's a lot tamer place than it used to be, though. Just yesterday they almost tempbanned somebody for posting dickpics--It's so out of character for the place that I almost wondered if it was even the same forum.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hi Alex,

Like Reaperman said. Plus the site doesn't take kindly to new members right away. Since neo-geo.com has a past checkered history with a good deal with the members, you need you gain respect and show that you won't be a troublemaker later on in the forums!

Anthony...

Thank you guys for the info. I've been reading a lot of stuff on there and I understand it now. I suppose it makes sense that they don't want a bunch of noobs (such as myself) posting a bunch of stupid questions all over their forum lol

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the info. I've been reading a lot of stuff on there and I understand it now. I suppose it makes sense that they don't want a bunch of noobs (such as myself) posting a bunch of stupid questions all over their forum lol

You're welcome Alex. If you need anything pertaining to the Neo-Geo. Please let us know. ;-)

Yes, the neo-geo.com forums are quite stern when it comes to greenhorns on their site. Due to the past history of troublemakers and those with a checkered past, the site is cautious to new members.

But the door is always open for this thread and please drop by in the immediate future in preference to the Neo-Geo platform. Were here to help with your inquires and so forth. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Anthony, just out of curiosity, what are your favorite shmups on the Neo Geo?

Hey Alex,

Viewpoint is my all time favorite for the platform. I used to play that in 2P mode with my brother. worth every quarter on the MVS and then purchased it on the AES. Next comes Last Resort and some of its creators developed R-Type, Blazing Stars and Pulstar are two to play. But get them on the MVS than AES because they cost over $1K+ for it. Ghost Piolits is another favorite Although it doesn't feel like a Neo-Geo title, the game is still a favorite for me and long time players! Now my latest one is Razion and the gameplay and music is outstanding. its tied with another shooter called Fast Striker with 1580 Megs.

I'm sure you'll enjoy these titles as much as I (and many do). You have others of course. But they're fairly mediocre.

Checkout a video by this gentlemen to give a subjective view on them by "markhorsburgh".on post #1244 to help guide you even further! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

You have others of course. But they're fairly mediocre.

Call me weird, but I like I really like Aero Fighters 2. It starts off as the definition of "standard shmup," but it does everything it tries to do very well. It's level order varies a little, which keeps it interesting while learning it, and the plane variety offers even more replay value. It exchanges its 'standard' label for something closer to 'totally insane' later on in the game, but I'm no shmup master, so I never really get that far.

AF3 is pretty disappointing, though. Of the 4 Neo shmups I own, it's the only one I don't like. Everything's broken from the super-short levels to the massive score exploits. It's just a mess. My other shmups, Blazing Star and Strikers 1945 Plus, are solid, but somehow come up short of AF2 in my book. (granted I've never met anybody else who shares my af2 opinion)

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Call me weird, but I like I really like Aero Fighters 2. It starts off as the definition of "standard shmup," but it does everything it tries to do very well. It's level order varies a little, which keeps it interesting while learning it, and the plane variety offers even more replay value. It exchanges its 'standard' label for something closer to 'totally insane' later on in the game, but I'm no shmup master, so I never really get that far.

AF3 is pretty disappointing, though. Of the 4 Neo shmups I own, it's the only one I don't like. Everything's broken from the super-short levels to the massive score exploits. It's just a mess. My other shmups, Blazing Star and Strikers 1945 Plus, are solid, but somehow come up short of AF2 in my book. (granted I've never met anybody else who shares my af2 opinion)

Nicely said Reaper! :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Thanks again for the info guys. I've been enjoying Blazing Star and Ghost Pilots the most so far. Last Resort is cool as well though it's pretty tough. Haven't gotten very far in it. I have yet to play Viewpoint though I've heard about it. Cool that it looks like a supercharged version of Zaxxon.

Now I've got another noob question for you. If I were to play the Baseball Stars games on a Japanese system without Unibios would all of the announcements be in Japanese too or just the text?

• Like 1

Thanks again for the info guys. I've been enjoying Blazing Star and Ghost Pilots the most so far. Last Resort is cool as well though it's pretty tough. Haven't gotten very far in it. I have yet to play Viewpoint though I've heard about it. Cool that it looks like a supercharged version of Zaxxon.

Now I've got another noob question for you. If I were to play the Baseball Stars games on a Japanese system without Unibios would all of the announcements be in Japanese too or just the text?

Last time I remember, its was the text that was changed. Its been awhile since I played Baseball Stars Professional But either way, its still a fun title regards of the language barrier! Baseball Stars 2 is a better choice out of the pair.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, were going to look at a King of the Monsters 2 review with none other than James Rolfe (The Angry Video Game Nerd) and Mike Matei. A great review by the two gentlemen that enjoy the Neo-Geo and felt that KofM 2 was a entertaining title. James always wanted to do a Neo-Geo video as the AVGN. But it didn't work because he felt that the vast majority of Neo-Geo titles were good!

Anthony...

I love that Magician Lord music. Neo Geo in general has some of the best music.

I've been playing Shock Troopers for the past couple of hours. What a great game! Reminds me of other games such as Mercs for the Genesis but so much better.

Love the music as well pertaining to Magician Lord. I even added a soundtrack on here for it!

Nice that you like Shock Troopers. Fun title that will keep you busy for awhile no doubt!

Here's the soundtrack to Magician Lord that's similar to what I posted here on this trend so you can listen for your enjoyment. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPlhRckQChY

Tracklist:

00:04 - Credit Insert

00:05 - Opening

01:25 - Stage Select

01:26 - Stage 1 (Magician Lord)

04:22 - Small Boss (Dark Duel)

06:32 - Gal Agiese

07:32 - Boss Stage (Legend of Guardian God)

08:38 - Stage Clear

08:44 - Stage 2 (Surrender!!)

11:18 - Stage 3 (Flying Killers)

14:33 - Stage 4 (The Castle of Zephyrus)

17:52 - Stage 5 (Magician's Dream)

20:42 - Last Boss (Rebirth of Az Athos)

22:49 - Epilogue

23:11 - Ending (The Great Gates of Granada)

25:01 - Name Entry (Unfinished Man)

25:54 - Ranking

26:02 - Game Over

Composers: Yuka Watanabe, Hiroaki Shimizu, Hideki Yamamoto

Artists: Akira Ushizawa, Shinji Moriyama, Tomoharu Takahashi

Producer: Akira Ushizawa

Designer: Takashi Egashira

Developer: Alpha Denshi

Publisher: SNK

Release Date: April 26, 1990

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224