IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Well I just ordered KoF 2002 to fill one of my KoF collection holes. Maybe it's even the last one I'm missing--I can't remember offhand if I have '96, and can't check. I recently did a count, and this will be my 60th unique MVS game.

KoF2002 seems like a real mixed bag. Objectively it looks like a mostly solid game in, but it's let down by a few art style choices that feel very inconsistent with the rest of the game and king of fighters games in general. It's almost like it wasn't put together with one vision in mind. The stages were built by one team, menus by another, and characters by somebody else--but they never shared notes. The worst part of the game for me has to be the stages with 'king of fighters 2002' advertising all over the backgrounds. 2002 is easily my least favorite kof.

I've noticed MVS games seem to be dropping in price again, while CIB NES titles are exploding for no reason at all. For the first time in a long time I've been thinking of dumping some CIB NES commons for more MVS titles. When contra starts costing more than half the MVS library, something's pretty messed up, and I want in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfD5ndPSjs

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well I just ordered KoF 2002 to fill one of my KoF collection holes. Maybe it's even the last one I'm missing--I can't remember offhand if I have '96, and can't check. I recently did a count, and this will be my 60th unique MVS game. I have a few doubles, but not many.

KoF2002 seems like a real mixed bag. Objectively it looks like a mostly solid game in, but it's let down by a few art style choices that feel very inconsistent with the rest of the game and king of fighters games in general. It's almost like it wasn't put together with one vision in mind. The stages were built by one team, menus by another, and characters by somebody else--but they never shared notes. The worst part of the game for me has to be the stages with 'king of fighters 2002' advertising all over the backgrounds. 2002 is easily my least favorite kof.

I've noticed MVS games seem to be dropping in price again, while CIB NES titles are exploding for no reason at all. For the first time in a long time I've been thinking of dumping some CIB NES commons for more MVS titles. When contra starts costing more than half the MVS library, something's pretty messed up, and I want in.

Nice pick up. KPF 2002 was just from a point when SNK/P was reorganizing itself and just trying its best to put anything together. Same goes from Metal Slug 4. But I do like the Netherlands stage with the windmills, :)

MVS price have been going down as well. Some of the Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury carts saw a $5-$15 price drop. Which I like seeing since the sellers are finally wising up to lowering the price!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Seriously? Different strokes, I suppose. :P

I think I'd like it more if it was advertising a game that I wasn't currently playing.

:lol: Yeah. I guess I have a passion for liking windmills since I was a boy!

But they even advertised on the sheeps? What's up with that? :ponder:

Anthony...

• Like 1

Sounds good, if FF3 is as good or better than Real Bout I will have to try it out soon. Also, had another question for you guys. Do you guys prefer to play your Neo Geo (whether Aes,Cmvs or Ngcd) on an older CRT TV or a modern LCD/LED one? I've got an Aes coming in the mail and wondering if I'll be wanting to play it in my game room(CRT) or my bedroom (LCD).

Hi Alex,

I found a quick video showing a Neo-Geo gamer playing on a LCD TV. This can help you more by seeing the images to judge for yourself :)

Did your AES unit arrived yet?

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again showing maintenance & repair videos. This afternoon, were with the good people from "Jamma Nation X".

This video will be showing an MVS MV1C Bios Removal & NeoBiosMasta Install .

Excellent to say the least from this well respected group.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again showing maintenance & repair videos. Today were going to look at a "NeoBiosMasta" being installed on a MV-1B unit.

More from the description,

"Briefly explaining one of the install methods of the NBM bios adapter. First time doing a video how-to, so be kind. You can order at neogeofanclub.com. PDF install instructions available shortly.

This install is only for the 1B. 1C and CD systems require completely different install instructions."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well I just ordered KoF 2002 to fill one of my KoF collection holes. Maybe it's even the last one I'm missing--I can't remember offhand if I have '96, and can't check. I recently did a count, and this will be my 60th unique MVS game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfD5ndPSjs

I just got this game, OMG is it hard!!!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Back showing the continuation of the USER subroutine. This time its USER subroutine 0.02 Neo Geo MVS.

More from the description,

"Insert Coin(s) routine Neo Geo arcade machine (single player)
- updated code which uses system bios event handlers
- looping demo mode (returns to system bios)
- plays coin sound when a coin was inserted
- title mode with forced start timer
- start button is blocked during gameplay and game over message
- shows continue option when a game is lost (if player hits A button)
- shows a game over message if credits equal 0 (returns to system bios)
- shows a game over message if credits bigger than 0 and player
doesn't hit start (returns to title mode, credits are still available)

Made with Neobitz C dev kit & HPMAN's Datlib"

Anthony...

Hey guys, I just got my first Aes in the mail yesterday Been pretty excited about it as I've wanted one for many years. I actually did things backwards and bought the games and the extra controller before I got the system. Thought it would be better to already have some stuff I needed to have fun with the system once I got it. I have been enjoying what I got so far. The next game I've got my eye on is Ghost Pilots.

Here's some pictures. My phone camera isn't the best but you can pretty much tell what's what.

post-5077-0-63937600-1438755893_thumb.jpgpost-5077-0-08195500-1438756496_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just got my first Aes in the mail yesterday Been pretty excited about it as I've wanted one for many years. I actually did things backwards and bought the games and the extra controller before I got the system. Thought it would be better to already have some stuff I needed to have fun with the system once I got it. I have been enjoying what I got so far. The next game I've got my eye on is Ghost Pilots.

Here's some pictures. My phone camera isn't the best but you can pretty much tell what's what.

attachicon.gifKIMG0093.jpgattachicon.gifKIMG0096.jpg

Thanks for showing these pictures of your AES Alex. What's the serial number on the unit? Is it a Japanese version?

Anthony...

It's got a higher serial number, 265847. I know the earlier ones are supposed to be better but I don't really plan on modding it or anything. And yes it's Japanese. Eventually I'm going to get a Magic Key convertor which should take care of both the region select and being able to also play MVS games.

• Like 1