IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I have to agree Aaron. I mean, I will have to say out of all, I feel that the slowest to accept emulation would be for the Neo-Geo. But I do accept it even if it means by getting more new members to appreciate the Neo-Geo by going the emulation route. It's a start in the right direction to hopefully guide them to buy original hardware. Thank you for stopping by to see this bro. :)

Anthony..

I'm not judging. If you've invested that much money into the hardware, it'd be hard to see other options as viable.

• Like 2

Last Resort's default Hi-Score table is populated entirely by early hip-hop references:
Ice T
Public Enemy
Terminator X
MC Trouble
2 Live Crew
Boogie Down Productions
Zulu Nation
Mr Lee
West Street Mob

Breakers should have done the same thing tbh
#NeoGeo

D4WvvawX4AIq2Ej.jpg
3 replies . 1 retweet 10 likes
Retweet
Edited by ohfivepro
  • Like 1

Shinryu Senki - The Warlocks of the Fates - by Astec21, 1995 - unreleased Neo Geo fighter that was previewed in Neo Geo Freak issue 1. That issue's just been posted online by @JapaneseMagScan here https://archive.org/details/NeoGeoFreak01199505 so go have a look and give them a follow

D4XylzBXoAM2Bg-.jpg

D4XyqSZWkAEbAyL.jpg

0 replies . 2 retweets 6 likes

Retweet

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. イベント『SNK Limited Store in KOTOBUKIYA2』まであと2日! SNK関連商品は見て触って購入できますので、オンラインショップで買おうか迷っていた方はぜひこの機会にコトブキヤ秋葉原館へお越しください! 先行商品もたくさんあります! #NEOGEO #コトブキヤ #もくようび https://buff.ly/2VupF5v pic.twitter.com/ifUMMgVj9D

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Two more days to the event "SNK Limited Store in KOTOBUKIYA2"! SNK related products can be purchased by watching and touching, if you are wondering whether to buy online shop please come to Kotobukiya Akihabara Pavilion on this occasion! There are many leading products! #NEOGEO #コトブキヤ #もくようび https://buff.ly/2VupF5v

D4Z3yPwWsAEnYm5.jpg
    D4Z3yPkXsAE3edA.jpg
    D4Z3yKdWkAEqC2K.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 昨日は龍虎外伝の王覚山さんのお誕生日だったのね1f382.png1f389.png1f44f.png1f381.png1f38a.png 王さんはペリカンのホエホエさんと共に絵を描きながら旅する格闘家なのね1f3a8.png 超必の「究極奥義乱打君」のスパスパ音は爽快なのね1f3b6.png アキバの #オノデン にシール売ってるのね2728.png#SNKキャラ誕生日 #THE_AKIHABARA_CONTAiNER #SNK #NEOGEOpic.twitter.com/6RyN7PlAl1

Translate Tweet

Yesterday was the birthday of Mr. Wang Satoru of Ryutora Gaiden. Mr. Wang is a martial artist who travels with a pelican Hoyer, drawing a picture. The Supaspa Sound of "Ultimate mystery-kun" of super-need is exhilarating. #オノデン You sell seals in Akiba. #SNKキャラ誕生日 #THE_AKIHABARA_CONTAiNER #SNK #NEOGEO

D4Zve5HUwAApF2g.jpg
    D4ZvfDrUYAARMPn.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 普段見落としがちだけど、SNK作品の背景には様々なネタやキャラが仕込まれているのです(`・ω・´) そんな背景(モブ)キャラたちに親しみと愛を込めてランダムのステッカーにしちゃいました( ´•౪•`) 中にはモブじゃないキャラも?! THE_AKIHABARA_CONTAiNER #SNK #NEOGEO #オノデンpic.twitter.com/yNUok2UgXQ

Translate Tweet

It is often overlooked, but the background of SNK work is a variety of (`・ω・´) stories and characters are being schooled I've made a random sticker with love and affection to such a background (mob) characters (' • ౪ • ') Some of the characters are not mobs?! THE_AKIHABARA_CONTAiNER #SNK #NEOGEO #オノデン

D4WepCjUcAEhpFm.png

Anthony...

I created THIS: http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/2434-neo-geo-manuals/

because I feel that nobody even had the GUTS to upload scans of the Neo-Geo Games' respective manuals! Coveting them for their own personal collections. Bear in mind, these are a few of the manuals I have for the games in my collection. Many more will soon be available. If anyone wants to contribute to this gallery, feel free to do so-I ain't stoppin' ya!

• Like 1

The Neo Geo CD Came in. It wasn't listed with a game but it looks like it came with a copy of a fighting game Real Bout. Loving it so far; played about an hour last night. Need to order some controller extensions ASAP if anyone has any recommendations on high quality ones. The high score and save feature for the game is really nice. I'm not used to being able to pick up where i left off on a fighting game. It's a loose copy but it was a freebie so.... :)

Someone at work gave me this tip: "Just careful playing backups, apparently the NeoGeoCD is notorious for lens degradation on CD-Rs for the difference in power the diode has to use to read them vs original pressings" Anyone encounter this?

I'll post another pic when my repro games get in. Cheers'

post-38373-0-35845900-1555602849_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-43958800-1555602887_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-83345400-1555602983_thumb.jpg

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 2

because I feel that nobody even had the GUTS to upload scans of the Neo-Geo Games' respective manuals! Coveting them for their own personal collections. Bear in mind, these are a few of the manuals I have for the games in my collection. Many more will soon be available. If anyone wants to contribute to this gallery, feel free to do so-I ain't stoppin' ya!

Hey Gecko

This is really cool. Nice that you decided your time to post them up on the gallery section. I think I have a few to share as well to share. :)

Anthony...

The Neo Geo CD Came in. It wasn't listed with a game but it looks like it came with a copy of a fighting game Real Bout. Loving it so far; played about an hour last night. Need to order some controller extensions ASAP if anyone has any recommendations on high quality ones. The high score and save feature for the game is really nice. I'm not used to being able to pick up where i left off on a fighting game. It's a loose copy but it was a freebie so.... :)

Someone at work gave me this tip: "Just careful playing backups, apparently the NeoGeoCD is notorious for lens degradation on CD-Rs for the difference in power the diode has to use to read them vs original pressings" Anyone encounter this?

I'll post another pic when my repro games get in. Cheers'

WOW!! Just WOW!! :-o

What an amazing looking NGCD top loader you got Rick. It's a real beauty that you got. Thank you for sharing this on the Neo-Geo thread for us to see and enjoy. Nice pick up bro. It looks great for it's ages and everything looks so perfect. Nice score and with that Real Bout that you have to go with it, it's even better for sure.

Awesome as always Rick. Welcome to the club with official Neo-Geo hardware my man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. The first competitors trying their luck at getting the #NGWT2 Kuwait Metal Slug Score Attack high score or maybe even beat @terrykok84’s current season high score of1f525.png2630901f525.pngpoints. @FikraKW @SNKAofficial @brookgamingfanspic.twitter.com/k5aMyBwvdI

D4cniXtXoAAJ9ua.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. bo_3qel86 is our #NGWT2 Kuwait Stop Metal Slug Score Attack Champion. Also props to our young runner up PixelZ! Congratulations! The Season 2 Highscore is currently held by Terry Kok from Malaysia with 1f525.png2630901f525.pngpoints. Can someone still break Terry’s high score in this season?pic.twitter.com/YkYC3mOlKo

D4deyiwX4AY2lf-.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #NGWT2 is coming to the Philippines to the @pgfsa Summer Assembly 2019 April 26-28 in collaboration with @GariathConcepts! KOF players in the Philippines, assemble! 1f525.pngRegister now!1f525.pnghttps://smash.gg/pgf2019-ngwt @brookgamingfans @SNKAofficial @PlayBookShop_PHpic.twitter.com/4KuW8UyDZn

D4RbXJWWAAAM6eW.jpg

Anthony...

This is really great! Stuff like this is super valuable to archive, so I'm glad you're taking this first step.

...though I have to admit to a slight ulterior motive here. See, a couple years ago after being a life-long Capcom fan I found out SNK was more than the half of Capcom vs SNK 2 I didn't understand and was actually really cool! I also noticed that their game translations had a really unique flavor, especially for the time. Sometimes weird, sometimes charming, sometimes nonsensical, but clearly trying to sound natural and American more than other Japanese-translated games of the time. I started to write up my own translations of various lines and compare them to the official ones, and eventually got enough together to throw together a site I called The Mad SNK Project (because I'm crazy to do it). If you want a quick look, check out Billy and Axel's Fatal Fury 2/Special pages, because they're both pretty nuts in their own ways.

As the project progressed, I realised I wanted to get into manuals, because they was an entire hidden box of weirdness I never knew about. I started translating the character backgrounds out of the Garou Densetsu 3 manual with no knowledge of if they ever got translated into English, and then I dug up an FAQ that has what I think are probably the official English versions (they're a clear match for the Japanese, just with that unique flavor) but I can't verify anything. The FAQ is from almost 20 years ago and the author has long since vanished from the internet. Meanwhile his Art of Fighting 2 Character Background FAQ not only has what appear to be character manual blurbs, but completely different translations of the fighter copy than exist in the arcade flyer! That's also super weird and fascinating to me. If anyone has an English copy of Fatal Fury 3 or Art of Fighting 2, I'd be super grateful if you'd at least glance inside the manual and verify if the old FAQ is accurate.

And looking at the Samurai Shodown II scans Gecko1993 already kindly provided, I can already see a few weird things. SamSho2 is already strange for having such broken English, and while I haven't given it an in-depth look yet, I've noticed a few actual mistranslations hanging around in its script. I rarely see what I'd call mistranslations out of SNK. More often there's a connecting thread where I can see that the translator or editor was trying to be funny and went a bit too far, or they just made something up out of whole cloth. SamSho2 has cases where it looks like there was an actual misinterpretation of the Japanese line that didn't get caught. But looking at the manual, that clearly done by a native speaker who wanted to make a lot of jokes - it has a lot of the same hallmarks of a "standard" SNK translation (constant "poke your eye out" jokes, "Wan Thatta Gotaway gem") but runs out of steam around Nakoruru. After that it turns straight and dry. I really wonder what happened there.

I know cataloging old fighting game translations in obsessive detail isn't something most people are going to care about, but I've somehow made it my personal project for probably the next decade. These things just happen, I guess.

• Like 1

Controller extensions....These okay?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15Pin-1-8m-5-9ft-Extension-Cable-Wire-Cord-for-SNK-FC-NEO-GEO-CD-Handle-PVC/332899633864

Also--is playing burned discs bad for my Neo Geo CD?

Cheers' and thanks Anthony for all your advice and input. loving my Neo Geo CD!!!!

ALSO---Any original titles you guys would recommend that won't break the bank? ($50 or less)

• Like 1