IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

ネオジオアーケードスティックプロは一見ふつうのアケコンですが、こんな感じでモニターと電源につなぐとゲーム機に早変わり! 重さもちょうど良くて膝置きでも安定してプレイできます。 膝置きプレイ時は電源やHDMIケーブルの長さに注意です。 #SNK #ネオジオ #NEOGEO
Translated from Japanese by
NeoGeo Arcade Stick Pro is an ordinary akecon at first glance, but it turns into a game console when connected to a monitor and power supply like this! The weight is just right and you can play stably even on the knee. Pay attention to the length of the power supply and HDMI cable when playing on the knee. #SNK#ネオジオ#NEOGEO

6:07 AM · Nov 11, 2019

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

本日発売の 「NEOGEO Arcade Stick PRO」のサンプルが編集部に届きました! アケコンとゲーム機が一体化していて、モニターに接続するとネオジオの名作20タイトルが遊べてしまう優れもの。さっそく編集部のおじさんゲーマーたちが仕事と称して遊んでいますw #ネオジオ #SNK
A sample of “NEOGEO Arcade Stick PRO” released today has arrived at the editorial department! Akekon and game console are integrated, and if you connect it to a monitor, you can play 20 Neogeo masterpieces. The uncle gamers of the editorial department are playing as a work at once #ネオジオ#SNK

5:38 AM · Nov 11, 2019

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ネオジオアーケードスティックプロをコントローラーにしてSteam版のKOF遊べるね! PC版で大会やるときはこれでやろうかな。絶対目立つw #ネオジオ #KOF #NEOGEO #SNK
You can play Steam version of KOF with Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro as controller! I wonder if this is going to be held in the PC version. W #ネオジオ#KOF#NEOGEO#SNK

10:38 AM · Nov 11, 2019

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

本日発売された『NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro』を電撃四天王がプレイする生放送を12時45分ごろに開始します。ぜひご覧ください。
The live broadcast of Dengeki Shitenno playing “NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro” released today will start around 12:45. Please take a look.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

OUT NOW! Metal Slug: The Ultimate History is the first officially-licenced book to document the lineage of one of gaming’s most beloved franchises – spread over 454 pages and presented as an A4 hardback edition. With worldwide shipping. http://buff.ly/2Z844Vo

?
#metalslug #SNK

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

11月16日・17日に東映太秦映画村で開催される「太秦上洛まつり」にSAMURAI SPIRITS参戦! SWC JAPAN TOUR『SAMURAI SPIRITS』大会のエントリーは11月13日(水)23:59まで!ぜひご参加ください。 #SNK エントリーページ https://smash.gg/tournament/samurai-spirits-swc-japan-tour-uzumasa-1/
Participated in SAMURAI SPIRITS at the Dazai Kamijo Festival held at Toei Dazai Film Village on November 16th and 17th! SWC JAPAN TOUR “SAMURAI SPIRITS” tournament entry until Wednesday, November 13th 23:59! Please join us. #SNK Entry page https://smash.gg/tournament/samurai-spirits-swc-japan-tour-uzumasa-1/

11:19 PM · Nov 11, 2019

Anthony...

Hi guys,

11月16日・17日の「太秦上洛まつり」では、SAMURAI SPIRITSのDLCキャラクター「風間火月」の先行試遊や「NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro」の試遊も開催! #SNK #NEOGEO https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2019/102101/ #太秦上洛まつり http://joraku-matsuri.com
On November 16th and 17th, at the “Dazai Kamijo Festival”, a trial of SAMURAI SPIRITS's DLC character “Kazuki Kazuki” and a trial of “NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro” will be held! #SNK#NEOGEOhttps://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2019/102101/#太秦上洛まつりhttp://joraku-matsuri.com

11:24 PM · Nov 11, 2019

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN #KOFXIV
Translated from Spanish by
Announcement: We are supporting this tournament through our e-sports support program! #SNK#SAMURAISHODOWN#KOFXIV
1:51 AM · Nov 12, 2019

Anthony...

Hi guys.

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN #KOFXIV
Announcement: We are supporting this tournament through our e-sports support program! #SNK#SAMURAISHODOWN#KOFXIV
2:51 AM · Nov 12, 2019

Anthony...

Hi ugys,

Back with Atariage member NeoTurboManic with another fun video for us to enjoy. Let's listen in on his updated review of Shock Troopers 2nd Squad  shall we? You're gonna love this.  :)

From the description,

"Here is an updated review of Shock Troopers 2nd Squad for the Neo Geo. This 1998 overhead run and gun shooter saw plenty of changes from its predecessor. Did the changes make for a better playing experience? Watch and find out. Enjoy!

Anthony..

Hi guys,

東映太秦映画村「太秦上洛まつり」で開催されるSWC JAPAN TOUR『SAMURAI SPIRITS』大会のエントリーは本日11月13日(水)23:59まで!ぜひご参加ください。 #SNK エントリーページ https://smash.gg/tournament/samurai-spirits-swc-japan-tour-uzumasa-1/ #太秦上洛まつり http://joraku-matsuri.com
Entry to the SWC JAPAN TOUR “SAMURAI SPIRITS” tournament held at the Toei Dazai Film Village “Dazai Kamisu Festival” is open until Wednesday, November 13th at 23:59! Please join us. #SNK Entry page https://smash.gg/tournament/samurai-spirits-swc-japan-tour-uzumasa-1/#太秦上洛まつりhttp://joraku-matsuri.com

3:11 AM · Nov 13, 2019

Anthony...

Hi guys,

「NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro」レビュー “100メガショック”は何度でも甦る! NEOGEOの不朽の名作を20タイトル収録したゲーム… https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/1218435.html #NEOGEO #ネオジオ
“NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro” Review “100 Mega Shock” can be rebuked repeatedly! A game containing 20 titles of NEOGEO's timeless masterpieces ... https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/1218435.html#NEOGEO#ネオジオ

4:02 PM · Nov 13, 2019

at_01_l.jpg

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

“100 Mega Shock” can be heard any number of times! A game machine with 20 titles of NEOGEO's immortal masterpiece and an acecon hybrid machine

Genre:
  • Game console & arcade controller
Selling agency:
  • SNK
Developer:
  • SNK
platform:
  • Windows PC
price:
13,900 yen (excluding tax)
Release date:
November 11, 2019

• Hiroyuki Endo

14 November 2019 06:00

SNK's new hardware "NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro", which was suddenly announced in September 2019, was released on November 11th. This product is a novel item called “Arcade Stick with a built-in game” based on the design of the controller of the game console “NEOGEO CD” released by SNK in the past.

The feature of this product is that it is not only a game console that can enjoy 20 titles of NEOGEO's masterpiece fighting game by connecting to a monitor with HDMI cable, but it can also be used as an arcade controller by connecting to NEOGEO mini and PC The place is a hybrid machine. For the writer who spent the days of the NEOGEO pickles in the heyday of the fighting game in the 1990s, there is something that will shake the heart.

Let's talk about the features and feelings of the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro as an arcade controller, as well as the feelings of playing the NEOGEO titles that are recorded, and the parts you care about.

If you are a NEOGEO fan or NEOGEO mini user, you should have one!

Let's start with the hardware. Before seeing the contents, I was overwhelmed by the size of the box. I imagined a little more compact size, but the real thing was a large arcade stick that could be said to be authentic. Since the weight is also crisp, there is stability when playing on the knee.

[NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro]

at_02_l.jpg
at_03_l.jpg
NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro package. Open the box and a friendly greeting
at_04_l.jpg
This is the size of the NEOGEO mini controller
at_05_l.jpg
Contents include power cable, USB conversion adapter, NEOGEO seal

The NEOGEO title uses only four basic buttons, but it is also considered to play fighting games other than NEOGEO as an arcade stick, making it an 8-button arcade stick.

On the side of the main unit, there are four buttons such as a START button to start the game and a TURBO button to enter the continuous shooting function, as well as a switch for switching between `` console mode '' used as a game console and `` joystick mode '' used as an arcade stick It is equipped. In addition, there are various terminals such as power input and HDMI on the top and bottom of the main unit.

at_06_l.jpg
The buttons and switches are on the side, and it is designed to prevent accidental operation.
at_07_l.jpg
Upper part of the main body. Power input terminal, HDMI output terminal, USB terminal
at_08_l.jpg
The bottom of the body. Controller for NEOGEO mini and NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro can be connected. Headphone output terminal is also firmly attached

When the lid on the back of the main body is opened, the USB cable for joystick mode is stored. As for product specifications, it is said that it corresponds to NEOGEO mini and PC, but the nature of the gamer wants to try to insert anything that can be inserted. So when I connected to PS4 and Nintendo Switch, unfortunately there was no response.

at_09_l.jpg
It is good that cable can be stored neatly when not in use

First of all, I played a few fighting games with NEOGEO mini. It is a game console and arcade stick product, so it's not really good compared to an arcade stick of the same price range, but it's a level that can be used enough.

As for the feel, it was a little difficult to enter diagonally, and it was difficult to issue a basic command such as the rising dragon command, the complicated storming storm command, and the Tenha seal. However, compared to the operation with the small stick and button provided in NEOGEO mini, the operability is significantly improved due to the difference in cloudiness. Satisfaction will be high for users who love NEOGEO mini.

Next, I connected to a PC and played a Steam fighting game. As a result of multiple trials including titles other than SNK, some games did not respond unless the platform switch was changed, but all of them played without any problems. From the old fighting game to the latest fighting game, there are a lot of PCs, so full support is quite high.

at_10_l.jpg
Play with NEOGEO mini. I felt uncomfortable when I first touched it, but when I got used to it, I didn't care much about the difficulty of entering diagonally.
at_11_l.jpg
Try playing with a PC. As far as I played, I was able to confirm that the fighting games distributed on Steam are compatible. The screen is my favorite, "Bakumatsu Roman second act Tsukihana swordsman ~ Flower blooming in the moon, scattered flower ~"
at_12_l.jpg
at_13_l.jpg
Raging Storm and Tenha Enjin Zan, which is said to be the most complicated command in the history of the game, could not be issued stably.

Titles included in the luxurious lineup that cannot be considered as bonus benefits!

NEOGEO mini is not limited to PC arcade sticks, but includes 20 masterpiece NEOGEO titles that would have been played in the past if you were a game fan. This is one of the great attractions of this product. The contents of the collection are all masterpieces that made the 90's arcade scene, such as the Legend of the Fury series, the Samurai Spirits series, and the King of Fighters series. It is also wonderful that even the “Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL” and “Fengyun Super Tag Battle”, which are still premier ROMs, are included.

1. The King of Fighters '95
2. The King of Fighters '97
3. The King of Fighters '98 4. The King of Fighters '99
5 The King of Fighters 2000
6. The King of Fighters 2002
7. Legend of the Fury SPECIAL
8. Legend of the Fury 3 ~ Farless Fight ~
9. Garou MARK OF THE WOLVES
10. True Samurai Spirits Haoumaru Jigoku Hen
11 . Samurai Shodown III
12. Samurai Shodown IV
13. samurai spirits zero SPECIAL
14. Art of Fighting
15. World Heroes 2
16. World Heroes 2JET
17. World Heroes Perfect
18.NINJA MASTER'S ~ Hao Shinobu Hojo -
19 .Bakumatsu Roman second act Tsukihana swordsman
20. Fengyun Super Tag Battle

at_14_l.jpg
A wide range of titles from royal road titles to slightly more maniac titles
at_35_l.jpg
“Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL” has become a hot topic in the history of Samurai Spirits. What is recorded in this product is a version with cruelty regulations
at_36_l.jpg
The second work of “Fengyun Apocalypse”, “Fengyun Super Tag Battle”, which became a hot topic in the world of Akaku, such as the main character fighting with martial arts combining karate and boomerang.

I would like to talk a little about the charm of NEOGEO. Why is the author so excited about retro games over 20 years ago? This is because the impact of the “100 Mega Shock” that I received in the 1990s is still unforgettable. The 100 Mega Shock is a catch phrase of NEOGEO, and it was a high quality game that exceeded the capacity of 100 megabits that was out of the standard as a game at that time.

When I first saw “Ryutora no Ken”, the first title of the 100 Mega Shock that was also recorded in the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro, it shuddered. A powerful character drawn so big that the screen seems cramped, a direction that makes the face squeak when damaged, undressing KO of female characters, etc. All unknown areas that have never been tasted in previous games was.

at_15_l.jpg
"Ryutora no Ken" is the first work that the author touched on the NEOGEO title. It is a dot picture that feels powerful even now
at_16_l.jpg
If you win with the remaining physical strength, you will decide the winning pose, but the face will be bumpy
at_17_l.jpg
It was hot in a sense that there was an effect that the clothes were torn if the deadly technique was stopped. This production was inherited by the sequel and “KOF” series. Only "Fengyun Apocalypse" is special, and for some reason it is a mysterious specification that only male characters can break clothes

SNK's early “Ryutora no Ken” was generally very solid, and it was n’t an exhilarating game. Therefore, it was not very suitable for interpersonal warfare, rather it was a game balance that can be enjoyed alone. A bonus game is prepared between stages, and it is a novel work that has growth factors such as raising the maximum value of physical strength and acquiring super deadly skills by clearing it.

It's a great game balance with no combos and almost no reading, but it's strange because you can enjoy it with the power and power of this work. It is one that I want to be played by the gamers who only go through the sophisticated gamers of recent years. It will surely surprise you.

at_18_l.jpg
at_19_l.jpg
If you make a mistake in the bonus game, you won't get anything, so you won't be allowed to fail
at_20_l.jpg
The line that was famous on the net, “I must use the Hao Xiang Feng” was also born here

The original “False Wolf Legend” and “Ryutora no Ken” were enjoyed only in CPU battles, but the work that taught me the interesting aspects of interpersonal battles is “Fairy Wolf Legend SPECIAL”. A highly strategic system that fights using the front and back two lines, a combo that leads to a skill from a normal attack, and a super-kill technique that can be used only when the physical strength is in a pinch, it was packed with elements that boost the battle anyway .

at_21_l.jpg
It was an epoch-making system such as dodging enemy skills by moving the line
at_22_l.jpg
The flashy super special technique that each character has has also made the battle hot.
at_23_l.jpg
The characters that appear are also unique. Among them, Shiranui Mai who shocked with extreme visuals may have been seen once even by people who do not play case games

It was hot that Ryo Sakazaki, the main character of “Ryutora no Ken”, was a guest player as a hidden character. It is a difficult condition that the appearance condition will intrude if you clear from the first game to the final boss crowder without dropping a round. At that time, I still remember that I took the first round and started over and tried again and again.

at_24_l.jpg
at_25_l.jpg
As the battle progresses in the second half, the enemy becomes a reaction of super reaction, and the battle is hard. In order to make Ryo appear, he has made too many retries this time
at_26_l.jpg
In "Ryutora no Ken", due to the system of the power gauge, the special technique could not be used continuously.

Now, there is no difference in capacity and graphics between arcade games and consumer games, but it is not possible to port the NEGEO title as it is on the arcade console that was active at the front line due to machine power It was possible. Therefore, console NEOGEO, which is completely compatible with arcade NEOGEO, has appeared. The main unit was 58000 yen, and the software was 30000 yen or more. I want it but it's out of reach-I think that NEOGEO's longing for games is still strong because of that special feeling.

at_27_l.jpg
NEOGEO body. When I was young, I used to have NEOGEO in my house

If you have two, you can also enjoy local matches!

I played all of the nostalgic titles that were recorded, but NEOGEO is also indispensable for interpersonal warfare. If you have another NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro, or if you have a NEOGEO mini controller, you can play 2P, so I wanted to call a friend who passed NEOGEO and play overnight.

Although he was full of fighting against his fellow gamers, there was a sudden call and no one was able to play with him. However, it is impossible to finish without having to play a battle, so I decided to hit my hand at the bride of a fighting game beginner who was close to me.

In a sense, if you are unrelentingly raising the winning star from a gacha play bride who can't read movements, you will gradually lose mood because of your disliked personality. This nostalgic sensation is a tangled air that once flowed when I won a series of scary brothers at a game center.

The old game center was a horrible place that was unthinkable now, and it was a daily event, such as being entangled by a scary brother. In order to avoid such troubles as much as possible, if you think that your opponent seems to be dangerous, you need a "turn around for sole". Regardless of how low the opponent's ability is, it is an iron plate that makes it possible to win against the opponent at the last minute while playing a close battle, rather than an explicit cut.

My wife was very satisfied with her entertainment entertainment, and I was able to play happily (?). I was planning to enjoy the battle while looking back at the time, but I felt nostalgic in an unexpected direction.

at_28_l.jpg
Try playing with two. Since the opponent was a wife, this time it ended with entertaining play, but this time I want to enjoy a battle of Gachi in private

This time, with NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro, I touched on the old-fashioned NEGEO's work again, but the masterpiece is still interesting without fading even after decades. In recent years, it can be downloaded with PS4, Nintendo Switch, etc., but it seems that this is quite advantageous in terms of price considering that it has 20 records and an acecon.

The point that I felt sorry because I was a NEOGEO fan is that the game title and the one recorded in NEOGEO mini are covered. However, there is good news about the recorded titles, and there are “hidden titles” in addition to these 20 recorded titles, and it is announced by SNK when they are unlocked sequentially. If the title is not included in NEOGEO mini, the appreciation of NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro will double. Expectations are rising what hidden balls are available.

[Recording title (part)]

at_29_l.jpg
at_30_l.jpg
at_31_l.jpg
at_32_l.jpg
at_33_l.jpg
at_34_l.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with Scarlet Sprites with a great video regarding Xeno Crisis. Let's see what he has in store for us shall we? ;-)

From the description,

"Bitmap Bureau was kind enough to send over the Xeno Crisis rom for Sega Genesis! As I patiently await the arrival of the Neo Geo version, I decided to take this for a spin and test out three different controllers and control schemes. These are my raw trials."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAgemember Cyrus Martin. If you remember fellas, Cyrus had to sell his Neo-Geo AES unit a while back. But now the cool fella is thinking of buying another one for his game room. I feel it's a great idea and let's help him achieve his goal on doing so. Enjoy the video. :)

From the description,

"I am looking into buying a Neo Geo AES to replace the one I had to sell a couple of yeara ago. Let's take a look at some current prices and options for doing this."

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 5 is now available on Windows 10 PC ! It's an action shooting game released by SNK in 2003. The Ptolemaic Army has stolen some very confidential files! Choose from four familiar faces: Marco, Eri, Tarma, or Fio to take them down! https://microsoft.com/en-us/p/aca-neogeo-metal-slug-5-for-windows/9nfwz608r7h7

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Windows 10 PC「アケアカNEOGEO メタルスラッグ 5」の配信がスタート!2003年にSNKから発売されたアクションシューティングゲームです。本作はPS4、Nintendo Switch、Xbox Oneでも好評配信中!ぜひお楽しみください! #アーケードアーカイブス #アケアカ https://microsoft.com/ja-jp/p/%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A2%E3%82%ABneogeo-%E3%83%A1%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%B0-5-for-windows/9nfwz608r7h7
Distribution of Windows 10 PC “ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 5” started! An action shooting game released by SNK in 2003. This work is now on sale on PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One! Please enjoy! #アーケードアーカイブス#アケアカhttps://microsoft.com/ja-jp/p/%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A2%E3%82%ABneogeo-%E3%83%A1%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%B0-5-for-windows/9nfwz608r7h7

1:30 AM · Nov 13, 2019

Anthony..

Hi guys,

11/18までのDeals with Gold! サムライスピリッツなどのアケアカNEOGEOシリーズや
Deales with Gold until 11/18! ACA NEOGEO series such as Samurai Spirits
Xbox 11/18までのDeals with Gold

12:00 AM · Nov 13, 2019

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting the finals of this league tournament via our e-sports support program! #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN https://smash.gg/league/iron-samurai-league-season-2/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN https://facebook.com/ViolentKain/photos/a.1391225267683824/1529929953813354/
Announcement: We are supporting this tournament through our e-sports support program! #SNK#SAMURAISHODOWNhttps://facebook.com/ViolentKain/photos/a.1391225267683824/1529929953813354/

10:10 PM · Nov 14, 2019

Anthony...

Hi guys,

『サムライスピリッツ』DLCキャラ“風間火月”の先行プレイ生放送を11月15日(金)23時に配信 https://dengekionline.com/articles/17813/ #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #SamuraiSpirits
“Samurai Spirits” DLC character “Kazuki Kazuki” pre-play live broadcast on Friday, November 15th at 23:00 https://dengekionline.com/articles/17813/#サムスピ#サムライスピリッツ#SamuraiSpirits

6:50 AM · Nov 14, 2019

Anthony...

Hi guys,

#いじばと』×『#サムスピ』コラボ決定記念

超豪華プレゼントCP

覇王丸役 #中村大樹 さん,牙神幻十郎役 #コング桑田 さん,ナコルル役 #中原麻衣 さん,色役 #森永千才 さんの直筆サイン色紙を抽選で4名に

さらにAmazon #ギフトコード 1,000円分を抽選で50名にプレゼント

#サムライスピリッツ

" #いじばと ] X [ #サムスピ 』Commemoration of collaboration decision

Super luxury gift CP

Haomaru #中村大樹 San #コング桑田 Ms. Nakoruru #中原麻衣 San, color #森永千才 4 people by lottery

Amazon #ギフトコード 1,000 yen will be given to 50 people by lottery

#サムライスピリッツ

2:02 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Anthony..