IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

STEAM's Halloween Sale has begun! SNK HEROINES, SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, METAL SLUG series and other SNK titles are up to 75% OFF until Nov. 2nd, 10am (PT) ! https://store.steampowered.com/sale/halloween2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「名刀・河豚毒(覇王丸モデル)」の第10次生産分の予約受付が開始! 予約期間:2021年1月31日(日)まで お届け予定日:2021年5月中旬頃発送予定 刀身、鍔ともにすべて手作業による研磨、一点一点手造りの品となっております! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015695348.html

#SNK #サムスピ
Translated from Japanese by
Pre-orders for the 10th production of "Fugu Poison (Haohmaru Model)" have started! Reservation period: Scheduled to be delivered until January 31, 2021 (Sun) Scheduled to be shipped around mid-May 2021 Both the blade and brim are hand-polished and hand-made one by one! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015695348.html

#SNK#サムスピ

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

100 MEGA SHOP 2ndで販売されている「ギ椅子」がOLSでも数量限定で受注販売開始! 帝王が座るパイプ椅子を職人が一つずつ愛情を込めて手作りしております♪ 受注期間:2020年12月3日(木)23:59まで お届け予定日:2021年1月中旬予定 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015708802.html

#SNK #ギース・ハワード
The "Gi Chair" sold at 100 MEGA SHOP 2nd is now available for order in limited quantities at OLS! Craftsmen lovingly handcraft each pipe chair on which the emperor sits.♪ Order period: December 3, 2020 (Thursday) 23:59 Expected delivery date: Mid-January 2021 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015708802.html

#SNK#ギース・ハワード

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

■新商品情報■ K' KOF2002ピンクTシャツが入荷しました! KOF2002のあのピンクのポスターを彷彿とさせるあれですよあれ~~~!

今は販売終了以外のすべての商品と、特典のデカトートの在庫も揃っております。まさに来るなら今です

#Kダッシュ展 #100MSHOP #俺一人で充分だ #NEOGEO #SNK #INDOR
■ New product information ■ K'KOF2002 Pink T-shirts are available! It's reminiscent of that pink poster from KOF2002.~~~ !!

We now have all the products except the end of sale and the special deca tote in stock. It's time to come

#Kダッシュ展#100MSHOP#俺一人で充分だ#NEOGEO#SNK#INDOR

Anthony..

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Sorry that you're going through this time of trouble Steve. We know how you feel since you spent a lot of money and not 100% happy with the results. 

But before you purchase another Neo-Geo AES to cash out more money. I recommend talking to mobiusstriptech (Chris) here on Atariage. This man is an Engineer and repaired many of my Neo-Geo AES units and he could be to your benefit on your concern.

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/62147-mobiusstriptech/

Another fellow I have in mind is AlexCom. An IT Technician that is obsessed with Neo-Geo repairs. I'll provide you with the link to his page.

https://twitter.com/leonh4rtx 

We would like to give you options before spending more and could try to save your current AES system. I feel that these two gentleman could be beneficial to you bro. :)

Anthony..

I've actually talked to Mobius Strip Tech a few times this year. I didn't know he does Neo Geo stuff, though. I want to send him my Nomad to get it all modernized, but with shipping from Japan being crazy expensive now, I have not gotten to it yet since I'm hoping that shipping will go back to normal.

I suppose I could ask Emmett, as well, now that I think about it. I'll look around and see what I can do.

Still not sure what the deal with the Darksoft cart is, though. Maybe it's just not getting enough power or something, as I know these types of carts require more power than regular carts do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I've actually talked to Mobius Strip Tech a few times this year. I didn't know he does Neo Geo stuff, though. I want to send him my Nomad to get it all modernized, but with shipping from Japan being crazy expensive now, I have not gotten to it yet since I'm hoping that shipping will go back to normal.

I suppose I could ask Emmett, as well, now that I think about it. I'll look around and see what I can do.

Still not sure what the deal with the Darksoft cart is, though. Maybe it's just not getting enough power or something, as I know these types of carts require more power than regular carts do.

Good to know. Mobius Strip Tech and Emmett are good guys and are great at what they do. Chris fix a few of my Neo-Geo AES in the past and recommend him. Emmett as well and always wanted to send a broken AES unit for him to tincker with. So those guys are great in my books Steve. 8^)

Maybe also try AlexCom with the link I sent. Mention I sent you from the Neo-Geo thread on here. He knows who I am. 

Anthony..

20 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

This looks great, has there been any confirmation of a Neo Geo version.  I'd be onboard for a copy.  Great review too.

Hi there,

Thanks for the mention and for the interest guys!

Since the first Q&A, a few things have  changed; back in the days, my only condition for a retro port was to find a third party to do that, since I can't code for consoles like the Dreamcast and the NeoGeo. But right now, a publisher is involved and has the rights to console ports, so, I need their permission first to hand over the game's assets and code to a third party for a retro port. As for the PSVita, I believe it's still possible since the publisher do port to that handheld, let's just hope that Sony won't kill the Vita Eshop before we have time to port the game. They already stopped cartridges production btw.

More news to be announced very soon.

Edited by Shinu Real Arts
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

■完売情報■ K'展ロムティトレーディングミニパネルは、コンプリートセット・ノーマルともに完売致しました。 #Kダッシュ展 #俺一人で充分だ #100MSHOP #ヒロアキ #SNK #NEOGEO #INDOR
■ Sold out information ■ The K'Exhibition Romti Trading Mini Panel has been sold out for both complete set and normal. #Kダッシュ展#俺一人で充分だ#100MSHOP#ヒロアキ#SNK#NEOGEO#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

K'展も明日がいよいよ最終日…

特典のデカトートはまだあります! #ギ椅子 のご予約も受付中♡ BGM含め店内いっぱいのK'空間、最後までご堪能ください

もちろん写真撮影OKですよ

(最終日は19:00までの営業です。) #Kダッシュ展 #俺一人で充分だ #100MSHOP #ヒロアキ #SNK #NEOGEO #INDOR
Tomorrow is the final day of the K'exhibition ...

There are still special deca totes! #ギ椅子 Reservation is also accepted ♡ Please enjoy the full K'space including BGM until the end.

Of course you can take a photo

(Open until 19:00 on the last day.) #Kダッシュ展#俺一人で充分だ#100MSHOP#ヒロアキ#SNK#NEOGEO#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

11/1販売開始

サムライスピリッツネオジオコレクションおんらいんくじ 全25種のハズレなし

10連購入で特製法被10名

https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

さらに

をフォロー& 本投稿をRTでAmazonギフト券1000円×50名を

11/1~11/14まで #サムスピおんらいんくじ

11/1 sales start

Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection Onrai Inkuji All 25 types without loss

10 people with special manufacturing method with 10 consecutive purchases

Also https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

further

Follow & Post this post with RT Amazon Gift Certificate 1000 yen x 50 people

From 11/1 to 11/14 #サムスピおんらいんくじ

Anthony..

From you guys that know your stuff, is there a preferred "this one is clearly superior than the rest" version of the Neo Geo Mini?

I've added one to my cart multiple times over the past few months, but before checking out, I always see "related to" that shows a few other versions, then versions with came pads, then a gamepad that has the games loaded, then a fight stick, etc etc....     Could be me just being a bit slow, but it seems a bit overwhelming trying to figure out which to get, so I always back off and put it off 'till later.

Reviews seem to run from "absolute crap" to "Awesome," and seems like maybe the only differences are the games lists.  I dunno.  I'd like to get one, just not sure which.

Thanks in advance for any info and suggestions!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

From you guys that know your stuff, is there a preferred "this one is clearly superior than the rest" version of the Neo Geo Mini?

I've added one to my cart multiple times over the past few months, but before checking out, I always see "related to" that shows a few other versions, then versions with came pads, then a gamepad that has the games loaded, then a fight stick, etc etc....     Could be me just being a bit slow, but it seems a bit overwhelming trying to figure out which to get, so I always back off and put it off 'till later.

Reviews seem to run from "absolute crap" to "Awesome," and seems like maybe the only differences are the games lists.  I dunno.  I'd like to get one, just not sure which.

Hi Razzie,

Thank you for posting on the Neo-Geo thread and welcome aboard. Glad to have you on with us, and will glad to help answer your question. :)

If you like to purchase a Neo-Geo Mini, I would say that it comes to preference of what titles it offers and more bang for your buck.

The Japanese version is more fighters to give it and an unbalance. It has all the King of Fighters, a big selection of Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury games. It has about 60% more towards the genre than others.

The International version is more of the opposite. It concentrates to give you a equal amount in selection that will satisfy more of the casual gamer and the general consumer. It's also the cheapest out of them all.

The Christmas edition, which many feel is the better choice, It comes with all the cables, controllers and a better selection of games that would interest the gamers more due to popularity . It will cost more (out of them all to be exact), but I feel it's the better choice of all the Mini's because of the games that are more likeable. It was intended as a collectable piece to have. However this version is the best of choice considered by many. 

You also have the Samurai Shodown versions of Ukyo Tachibana, Nakoruru, Kuroko, and Harohmaru editions. They all have the games included of the same four, but in difference colors of either Red, Black, Blue or White. All three have the same games and come with all the cables and controllers. But it's more of a collectable piece and a décor to have for your collection in my option. The selection of games is good, but I feel the Christmas edition is better. 

Hope this helps you Razzie. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. Will be glad to help you out even further. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お題】 四角の枠内を埋めてください。 ★最優秀賞には600ダイヤをプレゼント! 締切:11/6(金)20時 #kof98umol大喜利
【theme】 Please fill in the square frame. ★ 600 diamonds will be presented for the highest award! Deadline: 11/6 (Friday) 20:00 #kof98umol大喜利

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【招き猫リニュアル開催中

】 あの福を呼ぶ「招き猫」がリニューアル登場! 手持ちの小判でダイヤをいっぱいゲットしよう! 詳しくはゲーム内のイベントをご確認ください

http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1

#KOF98UMOL #招き猫リニュアル #ダイヤプラス
[Beckoning cat renewal is being held

] The "Maneki Neko" that calls for good fortune has been renewed! Get lots of diamonds with your oval! Check out the in-game events for more details

#KOF98UMOL#招き猫リニュアル#ダイヤプラス

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【限定宝箱よ「テリーXIII Ver」が新たに参戦

】 「伝説の狼」の限定宝箱が販売されます。LR格闘家「テリーXIII Ver」の2択1宝箱を手に入れるチャンスは今だ! 詳しくはゲーム内のイベントをご確認ください

#KOF98UMOL #テリーXIII_Ver
[Limited treasure chest, "Terry XIII Ver" is newly participating

] Limited treasure chests of "Legendary Wolf" will be on sale. Now is your chance to get the 2 choice 1 treasure chest of the LR fighter "Terry XIII Ver"! Check out the in-game events for more details

#KOF98UMOL#テリーXIII_Ver

Anthony..

14 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

In addition to what Anthony has said, I think it's important to also consider the video output of the Neo Geo Mini. I don't have one (I'm actually in the same situation you are; I want one, but I'm not sure which one to get, but I would like to get the Christmas Mini or the Christmas version of the Arcade Stick Pro if they were not so expensive) so perhaps I shouldn't say it, but from what I understand, the system's built-in screen is pretty good, but if you connect it to an external display it's not so great. The Arcade Stick Pro is said to have much better video output, but the selection of games is a bit more limited than on the Mini, especially before you unlock its extra 20 hidden games. This disparity is kind of frustrating, which is why I'm not sure about which one to go for.

I also think about getting the Neo Geo X on occasion, as well, since I keep finding them in stores locally. Not sure about the X, though.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 6:26 AM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

100 MEGA SHOP 2ndで販売されている「ギ椅子」がOLSでも数量限定で受注販売開始! 帝王が座るパイプ椅子を職人が一つずつ愛情を込めて手作りしております♪ 受注期間:2020年12月3日(木)23:59まで お届け予定日:2021年1月中旬予定 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015708802.html

#SNK #ギース・ハワード
The "Gi Chair" sold at 100 MEGA SHOP 2nd is now available for order in limited quantities at OLS! Craftsmen lovingly handcraft each pipe chair on which the emperor sits.♪ Order period: December 3, 2020 (Thursday) 23:59 Expected delivery date: Mid-January 2021 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015708802.html

#SNK#ギース・ハワード

Anthony..

Man I just love this chair wow ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Serguei2 said:

I'm not a kind of player using with these big joysticks.

Did SNK also release gamepads or smaller joysticks?

Hi Serguei,

Yes they did. The Neo Geo CD Controller Pro and the 1990's version Neo Geo CD pads work on the AES console as well. Here's pics of them bro. :)

AES/CD Arcade Sticks - Digital Press Online

Neo Geo CD Controller (Unboxed) from SNK - SNK Hardware

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1