IGNORED

Frustrating problem with Lynx II

ahuffman

Hi,

I have a Lynx II that I got a while ago, but never had an Ac adapter to use with it. I just bought one from Best, but it did not work at first. I discovered this morning that it will work, but only if I don't insert the plug all the way into the Lynx. While this works, it is not a good solution since any movement will cause the Lynx to turn off. I am thinking that the power jack is at least semi-broken, but I am not sure on that. I know that Best sells new power jacks, but I am horrible with soldering and would be afraid of breaking the Lynx. Do you all agree that it is likely the power jack? Also, does anyone here or on another site do Lynx repairs?

Thanks

Aaron

Does sound like the socket! Are you sure you are using the correct PSU, is it official? It might be that the jack is the wrong size for the Lynx socket.

Edit: just noticed you got it from Best so it's likely the right PSU jack. Could be the socket needs resoldering or replacing.

Edited by GadgetUK

It is very very common that the power socket soldering breaks during the years. You only need to re-heat the solder for the ground and power pins and it will work again. I have done it already 3 times for my 6 year old ACER laptop.

--

Karri