IGNORED

Thunder Castle hack

• 3 months later...

Do you have the disassembled source for this? If so, would be awesome if you could post it. I can't get the game to disassemble properly in dis1600 or dasm1600. How did you manage to get it disassembled by the way?

What do you mean "disassembled properly"?

There are two bugs we've recently discovered in dis1600: first, it replaces addresses with EXEC symbols, but does not provide a copy of the symbol table, or allow to disable that feature; and second, conditional "move" operations on the stack (e.g., "CMPR") are misidentified as "PULR" (stack pop) operations.

The first one prevents you from re-assembling the source; the second one adds some weird and unexpected behaviour to the game. Take a look at the "fantasy sports idea" thread in this forum for a similar discussion and ways to fix the first problem. Basically, I provided a primary EXEC symbol table, and instructions on how to "fix" the auto-generated symbols to their corresponding addresses.

For the second problem, it requires a bit more work, though it is still rather easy to do. Get the first one done first, and I can provide assistance with the second if you need it.

-dZ.

There are two bugs we've recently discovered in dis1600: first, it replaces addresses with EXEC symbols, but does not provide a copy of the symbol table, or allow to disable that feature; and second, conditional "move" operations on the stack (e.g., "CMPR") are misidentified as "PULR" (stack pop) operations.

The first one prevents you from re-assembling the source; the second one adds some weird and unexpected behaviour to the game. Take a look at the "fantasy sports idea" thread in this forum for a similar discussion and ways to fix the first problem. Basically, I provided a primary EXEC symbol table, and instructions on how to "fix" the auto-generated symbols to their corresponding addresses.

For the second problem, it requires a bit more work, though it is still rather easy to do. Get the first one done first, and I can provide assistance with the second if you need it.

-dZ.

Thanks dZ! I'll have a look and let you know what I figure out. I know nothing about assembly though, I'm just a lowly JavaScript programmer lol, so it might take me a bit.