IGNORED

Broken Intellivision system

lwizardl

I just bought a broken intellivision system and it will be my first one. I have the sub assembly manual printed for it. I was wondering if anyone know where to get replacement connectors for the controllers. One of the controllers cables has broken loose from the connector.

From discussing with the folks on Atari Age (and swapping parts with another INTV), they felt that it has a bad power supply board, most definitely a leaky cap (missing some of the voltage will give you black screen), cap was leaky. Also, the main/logic board likely has a bad sound chip, causing controller 1 to be malfunctioning. If you replace the bad cap and find a replacement sound chip, that could be what's needed.

As for the 2nd controller, in the interest of full disclosure, here's what it looks like...

So the person I bought it from on AG is also a member on here.

post-26701-0-78786300-1395980540_thumb.png

Nothing's really too broken that couldn't be fixed with some solder.

If you're looking to replace the connector, check out Mouser or Digikey.

Or simply strip the wires and solder them directly to the male pins or board itself. Not like that model of Intellivision has removable controllers anyway.

It could be possible to disassemble those connectors and re-terminate the wires on the pins thus reusing the original connector. It's been too long since I had an INTV open for me to remember what that connector looked like.

Since they're really not able to be disconnected without tearing into the machine anyway, I personally wouldn't have any heartburn about just bypassing that connector and soldering the wires directly to the board if that's what it took to get the machine going again.

Good luck.