IGNORED

Testing TI RS232

sjt

Thanks Ed, that's good to know! I've been replacing some chips trying to get my card to work. I forgot to check the null modem pinouts..oooppss...but in case anyone else is trying to replace some chips, this is what I have done thus far...

Read #21 in this thread.

Replaced U20 TL082 and U19 TL084 (Op-Amps), still same issues as #1 and #21.

Replaced U13 74LS251, still same issues as #1 and #21.

So next on the list, check the null lines......

:-)

• 10 months later...

I built the test/loop cables and used 0291B.DSK & MM Cart as Cantstopclicking mentioned in post#4

I ran it on all my RS232 cards and all tests passed...in a continuous loop. :) Cables work great.

One card shows BAD ROM error message :( It is my only Myarc rs232 card

My question is:since this is a TI test cable and TI Diag, Could this be why it shows as fails?

The card seems to operate OK. Any ideas?

Edited by Fritz442

The diagnostic program cannot run with Editor/Assembler because of

AORG >7120

at the beginning of the file. Unless, of course, you somehow installed RAM at that location. I'd expect that loading seems to work, but the console will lock up on start or do other weird things. The REF/DEF table will be updated, but points into the void.

If you remove that line or do a AORG >A000 there is some hope that you can assemble it for E/A as usual, and it may run. Take care of the memory test routine; it must not overwrite the test program.

Neither changing to AORG >A000 nor removing the line works. It assembles fine, but it sure doesn't run. Too bad. I'd really like to get to the bottom of what's up with my 32k card...

Neither changing to AORG >A000 nor removing the line works. It assembles fine, but it sure doesn't run. Too bad. I'd really like to get to the bottom of what's up with my 32k card...

You want to test the 32K memory, not the RS232?

You could also write your own test program. Plug in Editor/Assembler and use the CALL LOAD/CALL PEEK that become visible in TI BASIC. Will take some time, but at least you could continue testing.

• Like 2