IGNORED

Stardreamer teaser...

karri

Hi guys. I dusted off some old code and found a nice effect from my old code.

post-2099-0-68741800-1396122846_thumb.png

Cool!

This works with the tgi font mechanics using the Lynx sprite scaling in a surprising place of the code ;)

The intro will probably be made in this style.

Edited by karri
  • Like 5

Thanks for the encouragement.

The "Shaken, not stirred" thought me one thing: keep the play mechanics clear or people just get frustrated.

I hope it is ok to have childish very simple graphics instead of realistic. I would like to have flaming stars, Saturn rings, Moons orbiting planets.

One old "difficult" thing in Elite was always docking to a rotating space station. Later in the game you could buy a docking computer. Preserving that in the game might be nice.

I hope it is ok to have childish very simple graphics instead of realistic. I would like to have flaming stars, Saturn rings, Moons orbiting planets.

Whatever you do is okay. Just make sure you make it the best you can, or you will always have it nagging that the game does not look quite like you imagined. :)

I imagine flaming stars, Saturn rings, Moons orbiting planets will be nice. Are you using sprites, or will you do all vectors?

There is an absolutely wonderful fire-emulation in the old bll-kit. I plan to dig it up and see if this kind of random flames could be geared for flaming stars effects.

Basically combining sprite elements with vector math is what I would like to have.

It would also be so cool to have some dialogs like the two deamons in "Simon the Sourcerer"

- "Yeah, dialogs"

The ones who have played it know what I am talking about.

- "Yeah, talking about"

If you own an Android tablet - buy the app. It's cheap.

- "Yeah, cheap"

• Like 1

There is an absolutely wonderful fire-emulation in the old bll-kit. I plan to dig it up and see if this kind of random flames could be geared for flaming stars effects.

Looking forward to see this effect. Actually your mention of flaming stars had me thinking a bit too, I got the idea that you could do a nice sun or flaming star with color cycling. Using 3 or 4 colors, maybe white and 2 shades of yellow and orange. You could draw an planet with those colors and cycle through them, giving the impression of movement. Color cycling can have geat effects, I love it, it is just a pain to explain to the coders so the sequence is correct in the end.^^

But the flame effect you mention may be even better, so be sure to share it when you find it.