IGNORED

The Year in Review - 2013

NIAD

Another banner year has past (actually three months past so this is a little late) and I just wanted to pass on my thanks to everyone involved in making all these great new CV & ADAM games a reality. If I missed any game releases, please add them in a post.

1. AstroDodge by Revival Studios
  2. Bankruptcy Builder by PkK
  3. Battle of Hoth by Team PixelBoy
  4. Black Onyx, The by Team PixelBoy
  5. Bomb'n Blast (re-release) by CollectorVision
  6. Boulder Dash (re-release) by TeleGames U.K.
  7. Buck Rogers Super Game by Team PixelBoy
  8. CAT Scheduled Oil Sampling Game, The by CollectorVision
  9. Cix by PkK
  10. E.A. Classics by CollectorVision
  11. Earth Defend 2083 by CollectorVision
  12. Flora and the Ghost Mirror by NewColeco
  13. Galaxian (reproduction) by CollectorVision
  14. Gamester81 by Gamester/Atari2600.com
  15. HeliFire by CollectorVision
  16. Lode Runner by CollectorVision
  17. Mario Bros. Rev. D by CollectorVision
  18. Mecha8 by CollectorVision
  19. MemoTech MTX Series: Games Collection Vol. 1 by CollectorVision
  20. MindWalls by CollectorVision
  21. Module Man by Team PixelBoy
  22. Mr. Chin (CollectorVision 5th Anniversary re-release) by CollectorVision
  23. RollerBall by CollectorVision
  24. Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels III by PkK
  25. Shunting Puzzle by PkK

I have to admit that Lode Runner and Mecha8 are my two favorites from 2013's lineup of game releases.

• Like 4

If I had to pick my top five (three is to hard)

1. Module Man (all around great game, very addicting, has gotten the most gameplay)

2. Mecha-8 (great looking graphics, very smooth)

3. EA Classics (birds of orion is very addicting and a great space invaders style game)

4. Battle of Hoth (the added "vader" voice is awesome)

5. Lode Runner (smooth playing game, I haven't invested much time yet but it looks great)

• Like 3

How did I mess that one up? I knew I should have double checked things before posting. Sorry Luc. :dunce:

Tsk-tsk. All write and no double-check makes Jim a dunce boy. :D

And while we're on the subject, may I point out that "Pixelboy" is the proper way to spell my username, not "PixelBoy". ;)

What is really frustrating in that kind of list, is that the developers are always forgotten...

Make me feel like the boxes is more important than the game sometimes...

Not that the publisher work is negligible , without him you probably won't have so much games released on cartridge. And that they do is really time consuming and painful... like glue the boxes, manage orders , ship games , beta testing , deal with developers...etc...

I consider programming as a kind of artistic expression , so seeing this kind of list for me it is like i read :

"Mona Lisa" by Shotheby's instead of "Mona Lisa" by leonardo da vinci

I think i have the same problem than David Crane had with Ray Cassar... lol .. :) (i'm gonna to create my own company youkivision!! :D )

anyway , just to say , for me Mecha 8 is not by Team PixelBoy (or Collectorvision for NIAD.. :grin: ) but by Nanochess! ;-)

Edited by youki
  • Like 3

Youki... excuse my laziness in only listing the publishers as I did not have the time to list out everyone involved in the production of each game from the programmer to the graphics artists responsible for the box, manual and cart label to the electronics whiz responsible for burning the rom chip and PCB assembly to the guys glueing the boxes and applying labels to the guy packing and mailing out all the games to the Post Office and postman responsible for delivery to the electric company so that I can power my ColecoVision and most importantly to my wife for being home to accept the package so that I didn't have to drive to the Post Office to pickup the package.

Everyone around these parts know the names associated with each game and publisher, but please do excuse my laziness.

I did say thank you to "everyone" involved in the production of each game.

I guess I assumed a "Thank You" thread would have been a nice thing to show all our appreciation especially compared to a thread for voting for one's favorite or best game releases of the past year.

Edited by NIAD

You don't need to do your excuses :)

But you can not imagine (and i saw that in various retro-game events i participated and on forums ) the number of people who believe that J-F or Luc programmed the games themself....

That's strange, because if you consider Book publishing for instance , it is the opposite, you know the author of the book and generally you forget the publisher.

Back to the subject .

I don't have all the game listed here. But for me :

#1 : Mecha 8 for its technical aspect. and because i'm president of Nanochess 's fan club! :)

#2: Module Man , i have alway loved this kind of game.

Side note, when a game by Nanochess with Graphism 100% by PixelBoy.... I'd love to see that!!!!

• Like 2

What is really frustrating in that kind of list, is that the developers are always forgotten...

Make me feel like the boxes is more important than the game sometimes...

Not that the publisher work is negligible , without him you probably won't have so much games released on cartridge. And that they do is really time consuming and painful... like glue the boxes, manage orders , ship games , beta testing , deal with developers...etc...

I consider programming as a kind of artistic expression , so seeing this kind of list for me it is like i read :

"Mona Lisa" by Shotheby's instead of "Mona Lisa" by leonardo da vinci

I think i have the same problem than David Crane had with Ray Cassar... lol .. :) (i'm gonna to create my own company youkivision!! :D )

anyway , just to say , for me Mecha 8 is not by Team PixelBoy (or Collectorvision for NIAD.. :grin: ) but by Nanochess! ;-)

I agree with you

No programmer , No game(s)!

No game(s), No Publisher(s)!

It all start with the programmer!