IGNORED

Godzilla MSX games candidates for conversion?

Tarzilla

With the upcoming Godzilla movie arriving in May, I wonder if these MSX games would be candidates for Colecovision conversions...ie do they fit within the specs that the other conversions have?

Godzilla vs Three Major Monsters

Monsters Fair

Godzilla-Kun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvMO_yeRc8M

• Like 1

Oh cool, Gojira-kun looks like that old Gameboy Godzilla game... I didn't know there were any other versions out there! Would definitely be neat to see it on the ColecoVision, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I find the vertical vine graphics on the Gameboy version much clearer than the MSX.

There is also a Japanese version of the Gameboy game with goofy SD intro graphics.

Good luck releasing a game called Godzilla... a C&D letter would definitely show up in the homebrewers mailbox.

Yes, that's why I didn't refer to carts and boxes in my original post. It was intended as more of a technical question instead cart and box releases. Maybe I should posted in the Programming sub-form.

I find the vertical vine graphics on the Gameboy version much clearer than the MSX.

There is also a Japanese version of the Gameboy game with goofy SD intro graphics.

It look to that game didn't load the color table for the 2/3 of the screen in the MSX version. It should be visible if they color table were loaded for those tiles. It may be the emulator that didn't do that, Meka have issue with this problem with screen mode 2 with 3 tileset/single color table mode.

I think all 3 games are possible to do on the Colecovision. Monsters Fair may be challenging to do.

Edited by Kiwi

After watching the thee videos provided above, I hope that no one considers porting any of these games because Godzilla deserves much, much better. It would be nice to see him make an appearance on the ColecoVision one day, but it would really have to be done right unlike a lot of other poor attempts at popular franchises throughtout videogame history.

After watching the thee videos provided above, I hope that no one considers porting any of these games because Godzilla deserves much, much better. It would be nice to see him make an appearance on the ColecoVision one day, but it would really have to be done right unlike a lot of other poor attempts at popular franchises throughtout videogame history.

My question at this point would be: Is it really possible to make a Godzilla game that isn't laughable? I mean, how can a TV screen do justice to such a large beast, regardless of the video games console involved? Between a hypothetical Godzilla game and good ol' Rampage, I'll pick Rampage any day of the week.

My question at this point would be: Is it really possible to make a Godzilla game that isn't laughable? I mean, how can a TV screen do justice to such a large beast, regardless of the video games console involved? Between a hypothetical Godzilla game and good ol' Rampage, I'll pick Rampage any day of the week.

There have been several good Godzilla games. But these games for the MSX are NOT among them. :lol:

These may be the earilest Godzilla games made, though, so I'll cut them some slack.