IGNORED

FS: Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer

WezaQ

I'm looking to sell an Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer. Also included is the TV connector (see note below), original power cable, 2 joysticks, and a carrying case.
post-38880-0-19386700-1396504530_thumb.jpg

The Atari itself is indeed a heavy sixer from Sunnyvale:
post-38880-0-16300400-1396504694_thumb.jpg

Power cable:

post-38880-0-06596600-1396504576_thumb.jpg

Joysticks:

post-38880-0-65204000-1396504650_thumb.jpg

The TV connector is, unfortunately, damaged, though it seems to just be a missing prong, which I'm hoping is not hard to fix.
Because of this, as well as not owning any Atari games, I cannot test the system.

post-38880-0-61190200-1396504613_thumb.jpg

I can however guarantee the system has been kept inside it's case for 15+ years and thus appears to be in good condition.

Please reply or PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!

~WezaQ

1. Knew I forgot something. I'm in Torrance, California (directly south of LA)

2. It should be NTSC

3. While I know it looks bad that my first post is simply to sell something, this is an honest sale I'm trying to make. I took those pictures myself, and if you want any others I can provide those aswell. I would simply put this on eBay if it weren't for their ridiculous holding of the payment, which, considering the cost of shipping due to weight, is an issue for me. If someone interested is local & would rather pick it up or inspect it in person I have absolutely no problem with that. Also if theres a website without that hold on funds I would be willing to use it, or any other method, I just currently can't cover the full shipping costs upfront. If there's anything you want as proof of my good intentions, please ask, I have nothing to hide.

Edited by WezaQ

Welcome to AA! Hopefully you will like it, and stick around . . .

The locals here are very skeptical of people who just arrive to sell things - - and for good reason, as there have been hijinks and shennanigans in the past.

Some tips - -

- Provide a reference. An established eBay profile that you can prove is yours is a gold standard. A profile on another site where you have sold stuff helps, too.

- Name a price. The only other things folks around here seem to go nuts about more than new people selling things is a "For Offer" thread. Pick a starting price and go with it. Heavy sixers complete successfully on eBay for $40-$80 - - (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=atari+heavy+sixer&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200) - - and, I note that you have one of the uncommon hard shell cases, which tend to complete for around $50 ( http://atariage.com/forums/topic/150044-atari-2600-carry-case )

Maybe your starting price is $130 + shipping? Those joysticks you have might be the "version 1" with springs inside, instead of the more fragile plastic ring in later versions. You can usually tell by moving the handles and listening to the creaking and clicking of the springs. Or, just pop it open with a phillips head and take some pictures. Those early edition joysticks are not crazy rare, but it could help with your sale.

- Lastly, test your stuff, or prepare to have your price negotiated down. "Couldn't test" is a common cry among new sellers, and the experienced buyers stay far away from those offers. Not saying you would do it, but some folks determine an object is non-working, but want to still make the sale, and so say they say they can't test it.

I would suggest going here, and trying to figure out how to get it working - - https://atariage.com/howto/connect.html

The simple connector you need to connect an old 2600 to a coaxial (cable TV) can be had for less than $2 at Radio Shack. A copy of Combat or another favorite of yours can be had at any game reseller for a buck or less - - they have a battered old bin of 2600 games somewhere in the store, I guarantee it.

Again, welcome, and best of luck with your sale!

-a2a

• Like 2

Sorry, I was confused on the whole "Refernce" thing since I don't know anyone here.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/wezaq
That's my eBay profile, it's not terribly active lately unfortunately. (plus the nintendo power magazines I put up recently didn't sell)

As I said in the original post, I can't test the system. One of the prongs on the TV connector is missing (just the prong itself) but I'm hoping that's easy to fix for someone in the know.

For price, with what I included, I was hoping for $120 + shipping.

• Like 1

As I said in the original post, I can't test the system. One of the prongs on the TV connector is missing (just the prong itself) but I'm hoping that's easy to fix for someone in the know.

Buy this:

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42

http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Female-F-Type-Coax-Adapter/dp/B000V1O1LM

It will then connect directly to your TV with no TV Switchbox connector required and you can test the system.

As atari2atari stated, you can also pick one up at Radio Shack if buying from the above online stores are not an option for you.

$120 plus shipping sale on a untested system despite the included case is highly probable not to happen.

Spend the few bucks on the connector, prove everything works great and then you can have a possible chance of even $125 plus shipping to make up for the connector purchase loss.

While I would be totally willing to buy that adapter, I have no access to any game to test with and no game stores in the area where I could purchase one.
Please understand that I'm not trying to scam anyone. I would test it if I could.

While I would be totally willing to buy that adapter, I have no access to any game to test with and no game stores in the area where I could purchase one.

Please understand that I'm not trying to scam anyone. I would test it if I could.

Without testing it, I would do $50 shipped.

It's a good offer, I could have a 5 pound paper weight.

• Like 2

As a seller on ebay you have 2 feedbacks, both from 2008 regarding two Nintendo DS products.

You have 194 feedbacks concerning purchases/buying on e-bay. Your last one from Aug 2013. Just add another one to the count:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartridge-Only-Combat-Atari-2600-/331159708352?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d1aa822c0

Combat carts for sale $1 + $2 shipping = $3 total cost to get a game.

Again, roll the cost into your 'hope' price after you test the system and controllers to see if they work and how well they perform.

Between the adapter and a Combat cart you're looking at ~$5-$7 added on.

• Like 2

I do not think the Heavy Sixers fit in the hard case because Heavies are wider, I'll have to check if mine does.

Still the hard case is one of my favorite accessories, and pricey to buy.

Too bad it doesn't have original CX-10 joysticks that came with the Heavy Sixer, they can go $40 a piece.

And the hookup box always seems to add more interference than the direct connect adapter. The boxes were only good to switch antenna with game.