IGNORED

Vindicators demo on the Lynx? - what is this video?

sirlynxalot

Here we have a video that seemingly has a playable demo of Vindicators on the lynx. Something I've never heard any mention of.

Is this a genuine atari product? And what is up with this vindicators stand? Was this a promotional display for a store - or is it homemade by this fellow who demonstrates numerous other lynx hacks in his videos and is notorius for having an extensive lynx collection.

Yes, Vindicators was an announced but canceled game for the lynx. I have never heard of any prototype or beta being discovered, much less a cardboard advertising stand. So I'm asking if anyone knows what the items in the video are and whether they are actual atari items, or something fan-created :)

Edited by sirlynxalot

As far as I'm aware Rygar (Jean-Philippe) creates these fan set ups himself. He's done quite a few, including pinball table and even a motion controlled lynx. He's a clever guy and I love seeing what he does next. His Lynx collection is probably the best I've seen. He even has a handy prototype.

• 5 years later...

Humble apologies for necrobumping but I didn't feel the annoucement warranted a seperate thread.

For those interested in the back story of Lynx Vindicators..

I am pleased to annouce that having passed on the Atari corp documents Scott Stilphen kindly gave me detailing the Lynx version (and Lynx Rolling Thunder) Frank Gasking of GTW carried out lengthy interviews with the coders of both and the results (which I myself are yet to see) will be appearing in his forthcoming publication (May 2020):

https://mailchi.mp/6f0f8bd57e2e/bitmap-books-crpg-1703525?fbclid=IwAR2MjfMZqmIE0GP1Ea6nygOryTX3fDT0UawaoK2VLqF5No9xM_kxeLDWEmU

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

The full story is detailed in the GTW book.. 

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/the-games-that-werent

But contrary to popular belief, David Kurensky DID NOT hand over his Lynx Vindicators code nor Lynx development kit, to Atari when Vindicators was pulled, he passed them onto Chuck Ernst,along with printouts of the arcade source code. 

Currently the development machines won't boot ?, so work would be needed to recover anything. 

As for the demo etc .. 

David is sure press shots were from his version of the game, not mock-ups. 

• Like 2