IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 6 ~ the NEW HSC ~ Flash Gordon

Vocelli

My best tip, after city 9 you are going to have to duke it out with the enemy fleets at least sometimes and usually without a shield. Take advantage of your shield as soon as you get it. Ignore the fleets and just fly straight to your next spider-cluster. Knock them out fast and get your shield back, repeat. When you have to deal with a fleet, the most important thing is to not panic and just settle in for a battle. Knock out all of the little floating thingies and stay near center of the screen. As soon as one of the stunner crosses shows up knock it out, then CAREFULLY, navigate to the next cluster of spider- men.

This strategy worked up to a point! I'd go CAREFULLY to the next cluster and then die when a spider generated right on top of me :mad:

The spiders appear in a set number of configurations but I'm not sure if there's a pattern. It might just be random, and there's no way to avoid this...

Flash Gordon: 289,240

FlashGordon289240half.jpg

EDIT: I'm not sure why Stella shows the ROM as "AKA Space Adventure", but this is the .bin from Rom's ROMs v9.0.

It's pretty obvious that this game was already programmed by David Lubar, and 20th Century Fox was just waiting to pick up a license to attach it to. The connection to Flash Gordon is pretty tenuous!

Edited by dark-aleph

EDIT: I'm not sure why Stella shows the ROM as "AKA Space Adventure", but this is the .bin from Rom's ROMs v9.0.

It's pretty obvious that this game was already programmed by David Lubar, and 20th Century Fox was just waiting to pick up a license to attach it to. The connection to Flash Gordon is pretty tenuous!

This is funny as well:

post-34056-0-27764500-1396907019_thumb.png

my first score, but pretty small:

post-9813-0-05428600-1396907523_thumb.png

2nd try for Bonus points.

The Radar in Earth Dies Screaming!

Haven't played this game yet, but it looks awesome!

post-9813-0-61520900-1396907578_thumb.png

Edit:
The radar is above in the game, but barely visible unfortunately. Don't know if that also counts? :ponder:

Edited by Nognir

Getting on the board with 41,700. That game has a lot going for it, once you sink your teeth into it. Reading the manual definetly helps. This score was achieved during a work break with keyboard controls. Works well, actually. We'll see if I do better at home where my joystick is waiting.

post-34656-0-51905300-1396954676_thumb.png

I am going to post a pic later today, but suffice to say, these 300k scores aren't going to cut it for the top slot. Just some fun calculations for those attempting to roll.

gallery_38581_1110_2216.png

There are 12 hatching zones per city, 5-6 spider warriors worth 1,500 - 2,100 for shooting all (worth 300-350 each on average).

Each city earns between 18,000 - 25,200 if you shoot between 5-6 spider warriors

This means you need to liberate between 40-55 cities to roll the score.

Edited by CapitanClassic

Flash Gordon - Rollage

gallery_38581_1110_1101.pnggallery_38581_1110_4036.png

I revised the best path. The reason is that you cannot shot debris while moving down towards the bottom of the screen (your shot will be slightly lower than the debris). Doing this will cost you lots of lives. Instead, this path allows you to move up safely while not protected by a shield (shooting constantly to hit patrol ships, debris, or disruptor generators). All you need to do is line yourself up with the next hatching location, and all debris/ships/etc. disappears from the screen.

Using this pattern, you should be able to liberate a city and get an extra life on your way to rollage. (I got sloppy during 900k, but at 800k had 9+ lives)

gallery_38581_1110_3294.png

• Like 4

Was going strong slightly above 100k, just shot the last warriors in that city - then got caught in a storm of debris and the city didn't end. Killed 4 lives within seconds...

New score: 106,720.

Happy to have crossed 100k for the moment, though. Fun game.

EDIT: Had the time to give it another go. New new score: 130,370.

post-34656-0-15908100-1397037140_thumb.png

post-34656-0-06246700-1397042500_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1

i like this Captain pattern, makes good use of the shield, but ending each level is much harder.

before i would just skate under the debris into the lower tunnel.. now i always face off on number 12, with both crosses attacking me at once, it won't let me advance with debris on the screen.

PS,

EMULATION SEEMS FASTER MOVING THEN ON THE CONSOLE. IS IT JUST ME?!

post-3059-0-47609100-1397047582_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

THOSE WHO MIGHT BE ATTEMPTING A ROLL...

IF THE ACTION IS TOO HECTIC, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A BEFORE PIC.

THOSE BLOCKS YOU'RE AWARDED (BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER) FOR CLEARING 9 CITIES WOULD GIVE IT AWAY, THAT YOUR LOW SCORE IS INFACT A ROLLED ONE.

post-3059-0-13298900-1397048315_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1