IGNORED

Diamond encrusted 18K gold Gamegear!

So I was reading this EGM magazine(March 1994 issue) and on page 79 on the left there is a article about a Gamegear that is diamond encrusted in a 18K gold case for $75,000(take that golden Xbox one).now since the GameGear is my fav handheld( the Gamegear was one of my first handhelds and was one of my introductions to videogames as a whole) I went apeshit but found out that there a NO information or pictures on the net about this special GameGear meaning no chance of me getting one :( .Now I just wanted to share this rare discovery to you guys and want to know,what you guys think this would be worth if one/it(could be the only one in existence) popped up for sale?

The article's text as the below picture is hard to read:

"A British department store came out with easily the world's most expensive Game Gear for the '93 Christmas season. A pricey sum of ???55,000 (about $75,000) gets you a standard Game Gear unit that comes in an outrageous diamond-encrusted 18K gold case. The gold alone weighs 800 grams, well on the way to two full pounds. The case is fitted with 46 carats of diamonds on the cross key and other accents. Made by a company called David Morris International, this piece of lunacy is touted as "the ultimate present for the children of the super rich." Despite the ridiculous price tag, the unit doesn't come with any games, although batteries are supplied. Start saving your pennies now kids, you could be the envy of thieves and kidnappers everywhere! Geesh, what next?

This Game Gear will be even rarer than the elusive White Game Gear that appeared for a limited amount of time. Will anyone get it?"

post-31091-0-13229800-1396749115_thumb.jpg

Edited by xDragonWarrior

There's a chance this was never made. Lots of times these types of gifts (from Harrods, Nieman Marcus, etc.) are listed, but aren't actually made unless someone orders one. Not saying that's the case here, but it often is. That may be why there was no picture. Here's to hoping that Game Gear is actually out there though!

• Like 1

i have that issue of egm. dont remember when / where i read about this particular gamegear but i seem to remember that there was only one thought to have been made and that it ended up on display somewhere because nobody was dumb enough (at the time) to buy it.

does anybody know anymore?

• Like 1

i have that issue of egm. dont remember when / where i read about this particular gamegear but i seem to remember that there was only one thought to have been made and that it ended up on display somewhere because nobody was dumb enough (at the time) to buy it.

does anybody know anymore?

Yeah that makes sense only one being made because they would not have made all those units and none sell(although they could have salvaged the diamonds and gold.So this thing is more rare than I thought.I mean it was 75K so that made 95% of gamers unavailable to buy it and the rich people who were able to afford one,would not buy a Gamegear simply becuase it's a gold and diamond version of it(Look at the sales of a gold super car and the regular model and you'll see).

And also Jess...:x :X :x ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻