IGNORED

Three.s - Homebrew

Thomas Jentzsch

I have never been disappointed with a TJ game purchase. Quite the opposite. I expected to hate Thrust+ simply because I suck at finesse games. Thomas wowed me again. I love Thrust+!!! I will continue to buy TJ games with confidence.

I haven't tried the newest version yet, but I saw in an older version of your game that when you move the joystick in a direction, for example up, that all the tiles only move up one tile. In the android version the tiles move up as far as possible. Is it also implemented in your game?

No, because Three.s is a different game than 2048 (I suppose you are referring to that one here). My game is based on the original iOS (and now Android too) game Threes, which IMO plays better than 2048. The rules are only slightly different, but those tiny differences make a big impact, especially on difficulty ramp up and strategy required.

You can play the free browser version here.

In my version of Threes (for Android by Puzzla Game Labs) the Tiles slide the maximum amount when I move them in a direction. Maybe the different Apps handle this differently.

Have to try your ROM again this evening to check that :)

That is not the official version, but (in 2600 terms :)) a cheap ("Thees"!) pirate hack of 2048. They must have only adapted the visuals, merging rules and maybe how to create new tiles. One would have to check.

Threes offers a (much needed) preview of the next tile, you can do an incomplete move to check the resulting merges (replaced by the undo option in my version) and, to make things a bit more interesting, you occasionally get higher value bonus tiles.

The official Android version is here (with costs). There are other free clones which offer preview and may follow the rules more strictly.

Some more polishing on the graphics. Added highlighting the highest numbered tile(s) and a few very preliminary sounds. And the game now supports PAL-50 (left difficulty).

Also I am experimenting with a Mondrian theme. :) (the new tile flash is a bit broken)

Three.s v0.5.bin

post-45-0-21150100-1397680937_thumb.png

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1