Sign in to follow this  
ntcmpjg

Sega Game gear screen

My screen is black and rolling white lines across it. Anyone on here replace capacitors on them?

I found a guy on eBay that fixes them he only works on Sega stuff he had good prices and offered a 10% military discount

I did a capacitor replacement on mine. Its actually a pretty easy job you should maybe watch a couple youtube videos and give it a try. I am wondering if this is actually your problem though. My capacitor issue made my screen very dim but it was still showing the game. From the stories I read this seemed to be what happens with bad caps all the time. I think you may have a different issue. I could be wrong though.....

I found a guy on eBay that fixes them he only works on Sega stuff he had good prices and offered a 10% military discount

A military discount? Amazing, even on classic video games!

Anthony...

Yea that's what I said he is fixing it and doing the LED back light mod for $40 with shipping

I did a capacitor replacement on mine. Its actually a pretty easy job you should maybe watch a couple youtube videos and give it a try. I am wondering if this is actually your problem though. My capacitor issue made my screen very dim but it was still showing the game. From the stories I read this seemed to be what happens with bad caps all the time. I think you may have a different issue. I could be wrong though.....

There are two caps near the screen that when failed will cause a distorted picture with rolling lines on it

When I get it back I will take after shots when it is finished.

Have you received it back yet? How does it look?