IGNORED

Spiker frustration

mr_intv

Well, we know that as an absolute minimum there must be at least 9 since that is how many Platinum 125 Club members there are from Rev's site. Add myself as a Spiker CIB owner and the number becomes 10. This of course leaves room for many more (20? 50? 100?) but at least a lower limit is known.

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club

I buy into this comment.

Maybe there is a storage out there somewhere, yet more likely the people who have this game are 125 members.

Other than that, why would you still have the game, not know about Atariage or Intellivision Revolution and the value of the game itself and sell it?

and it seems the collectors who are on the verge of 125 are missing this game complete exclusively, or mostly close to only that.

As I've mentioned on The Intellivisionaries, I had a CIB Spiker, that I bought at INTV's retail store in Torrance, California around 1990. I believe I paid about $20 for it. I wish I had stocked up at the time, but who knew?

Anyway, I sold it on ebay in 2008 before getting married. It was bought by a guy in Italy (maybe Alex Pace) for around $1,100. I also sold some other rarities. Do I regret it? Maybe a little, but for that kind of money, I could never justify buying it again. Besides, I can still play it on my Cuttle Carts. And it is a DAMN GOOD game at that.

Damn, I live 30 minutes from Torrance and I never knew that store existied. I remember seeing those games at the swap meet, all the INTV games yet I had moved on to the Nintendo and Sega systems. Hindsight.....

Edited by wolfy62

Damn, I live 30 minutes from Torrance and I never knew that store existied. I remember seeing those games at the swap meet, all the INTV games yet I had moved on to the Nintendo and Sega systems. Hindsight.....

It was a tiny office in a generic little business park. There were a couple small signs in the window, and some display cases with the games. The back was, I'm guessing, their warehouse, and probably repair area (they had a one price 'repair any Intellivision' deal).

I'm planning to talk to Keith Robinson and others who were a part of INTV on a future Intellivisionaries episode, to find out more details.

I have an original receipt from there, I'll scan it and post it here this weekend.

And hey, Wolfy... if you live so close, how about driving down to my place (near LAX) and playing some 2 player Inty games some time?

:grin:

It was a tiny office in a generic little business park. There were a couple small signs in the window, and some display cases with the games. The back was, I'm guessing, their warehouse, and probably repair area (they had a one price 'repair any Intellivision' deal).

I'm planning to talk to Keith Robinson and others who were a part of INTV on a future Intellivisionaries episode, to find out more details.

I have an original receipt from there, I'll scan it and post it here this weekend.

And hey, Wolfy... if you live so close, how about driving down to my place (near LAX) and playing some 2 player Inty games some time?

:grin:

I would love to do that!

My parents used to live in Westchester and my best friend since 2nd grade would love to go to.

or just come over to my house and play! either way, it sounds great. Thanks, Dale

I would love to do that!

My parents used to live in Westchester and my best friend since 2nd grade would love to go to.

or just come over to my house and play! either way, it sounds great. Thanks, Dale

That would be cool too. But if you come here, I also have the garage arcade (and one of my Intellivisions is set up there). Plus we could do an interview in the studio for The Intellivisionaries, if you're interested. And sure, bring your friend. I'll invite one of my Intellivision friends and we'll have a mini-tournament.

PM me and we'll figure out a day / time that will work.

wow, that must have caused a lot of buzz. I passed on Spiker several times at crazy low prices ($20 to $50) for reasons that seemed perfectly sensible at the time. Hindsight's 20/20 they say. That said, I do have a baggie copy unopened and a loose one w/ manual. Just that one box. ARGH.

The KC is something I nagged my parents about constantly as a kid - and it was one of the reasons they got us the Intellivision in the first place. However, I've still never even seen one in person. Closed I've come is one of the manuals.

Kc is reason i found aa. .i did not know of the forums, and everytime i search, cmart came up and i had know clue if cmart was a person or a real store that sold retro stuff. eventually I found AA and my first post was in the WTB section and it was asking for the kC. eventually i found the intv section, and realized cmart was a real person. .two months later i got a lead on the kc and and got one for my collection.

That would be cool too. But if you come here, I also have the garage arcade (and one of my Intellivisions is set up there). Plus we could do an interview in the studio for The Intellivisionaries, if you're interested. And sure, bring your friend. I'll invite one of my Intellivision friends and we'll have a mini-tournament.

PM me and we'll figure out a day / time that will work.

we have to invite Mojotv. he lives in Santa Clarita about the same distance away.

Mini-tournament? how cool!

and......my son has been asking me if I should do one of those interviews!!!

and yes, your idea is better for many reasons. thanks, Dale

we have to invite Mojotv. he lives in Santa Clarita about the same distance away.

Mini-tournament? how cool!

and......my son has been asking me if I should do one of those interviews!!!

and yes, your idea is better for many reasons. thanks, Dale

Cool, let's do it!

I just sent you a PM.

Kc is reason i found aa. .i did not know of the forums, and everytime i search, cmart came up and i had know clue if cmart was a person or a real store that sold retro stuff. eventually I found AA and my first post was in the WTB section and it was asking for the kC. eventually i found the intv section, and realized cmart was a real person. .two months later i got a lead on the kc and and got one for my collection.

Lol! I swear to god I'm a person! Lathe just met me and can confirm I'm real, not a giant corporate entity solely focused on hoarding all the Intellivision items known to mankind....well, I'm not JUST that.

Lol! I swear to god I'm a person! Lathe just met me and can confirm I'm real, not a giant corporate entity solely focused on hoarding all the Intellivision items known to mankind....well, I'm not JUST that.

I can confirm that Cmart is not a giant corporate entity. He's more of a small and shriveled entity... so very very small and shriveled.

Just kidding, it was really cool to meet you in person, shoot the breeze, and that pizza with Gerald was really tasty.

• Like 1

I can confirm that Cmart does not have a giant "corporate entity". He has more of a small and shriveled entity... so very very small and shriveled.

Not kidding, it was really cool to meet you in person, shoot the load, and that threesome with Gerald was really tasty.

:-|

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

I can confirm that Cmart is not a giant corporate entity. He's more of a small and shriveled entity... so very very small and shriveled.

It sounds like the only frustration going on here has to do with Cmart's Spike!!! :P

• Like 1

Lol! See that's why we come to AA, not to discuss ancient video game systems with like minded folk, but rather to mercilessly, and creatively, trash each other. Being a she-male like myself is fun and non complicated. :)

:) I couldn't help myself. You guys have utterly ruined me.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1