mr_intv

Spiker frustration

The last auction sold for ~$850, but prior auctions went for much higher. Some people are thinking that the price is dropping for Spiker while others think the last auction was just a lucky deal. Personally, I'm thinking I got lucky / good timing with that one.

wasn't that Spiker that went for $850. in a pretty crushed up box?

Actually, the box was in really great shape. Just a couple minor scuffs. Probably in better shape than much of my collection.

Actually, cmarts fuzz box was in really great shape. Just a couple minor scuffs. Probably in better shape than most Ho's in my collection.

This thread makes me sick.

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

Anyway, I hope to have a CIB Spiker in my possession this year. I have one on layaway!

;-).

There was a time in the mid to late '90s that you could walk into any Radio Shack, and ask for their Radio Shack Unlimited purple binder, and order a Spiker (and just about any other Intellivision game) for $20 direct from their GIANT warehouses in Texas.

I ordered a bunch of games, but didn't get a Spiker, because I already had my original copy, and their value hadn't yet 'spiked' (eBay hadn't really happened at that point).

If only I had known...

Edited by nurmix

There was a time in the mid to late '90s that you could walk into any Radio Shack, and ask for their Radio Shack Unlimited purple binder, and order a Spiker (and just about any other Intellivision game) for $20 direct from their GIANT warehouses in Texas.

I ordered a bunch of games, but didn't get a Spiker, because I already had my original copy, and their value hadn't yet 'spiked' (eBay hadn't really happened at that point).

If only I had known...

One wonders what cheap games available for $20 today will spike (pun intended) to $1000 in a decade or two. Obviously, the homebrews are candidates, but even for other consoles....should I stock up on any PS2/PS3/Wii games? :)

I go away for a day or two and find the thread I started has gone off the rails! But I wouldn't expect anything less! :)

• Like 1

For those of you who are still sexually frustrated by Spiker, this box-only just popped up on eBay as a BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161275414167

Wow. $600 for an old piece of cardboard...

...(says the guy who sold his CIB Spiker in 2008 for $1,100)...

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 3

Wow. $600 for an old piece of cardboard...

...(says the guy who sold his CIB Spiker in 2008 for $1,100)...

Repro box (brand new piece of nice looking cardboard ......$10 ;-)

• Like 1

I ordered games from Radio Shack in 1997 I think and Spiker was already gone. I got Body Slam and Dig Dug that way. I need to chill out on buying stuff for a bit so I won't be bidding up any Spikers for a little while. In the process of buying a bigger house to store all my junk!

I ordered games from Radio Shack in 1997 I think and Spiker was already gone. I got Body Slam and Dig Dug that way. I need to chill out on buying stuff for a bit so I won't be bidding up any Spikers for a little while. In the process of buying a bigger house to store all my junk!

You could always sell me that working KC...you know, to help with the new furniture you'll need for your new place. :)

You could always sell me that working KC...you know, to help with the new furniture you'll need for your new place. :)

From my cold, dead hands!