IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - April 11th 2014

Pixelboy

Any chance that the Joust box could be orange and match the other Atarisoft titles?

Either way great news on one of my all time favs.

Boxxie also sounds interesting. Thanks for all you hard work and dedication to the ColecoVision Homebrew scene Luc!

You're welcome. :)

I'm afraid I'm not into doing multiple box variants (although it came close to happening with Battle of Hoth). Joust's box will use the familiar Team Pixelboy box template.

Joust. Yes, the arcade game. With all sound effects included. On the ColecoVision. Wait a few seconds to let that piece of news sink in... :D Yep, it's no hoax! I was able to score a publishing deal with Sean Kelly, who owns the prototype of Joust with sound. The only thing missing from this prototype is a proper title screen, and Mystery Man is currently working on disassembling the ROM and adding a title screen according to my specifications. The game will be officially released on cartridge, with box and manual, at the Classic Gaming Expo next September and that's the only place you will find the game at first. After CGE, the game will become available for purchase online. Oh, and did I mention the game will feature actual sounds? ;)

I don't believe i missed that paragraph when i read first your post!!! :-o

That's simply a fantastic news!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking foward to have it in my hands! (i would also a prefer an Atarisoft box.. :P ) :)

I don't believe i missed that paragraph when i read first your post!!! :-o

That's simply a fantastic news!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking foward to have it in my hands! (i would also a prefer an Atarisoft box.. :P ) :)

Something tells me Marc is going to sell a few of these AtariSoft Joust boxes... ;)

• Like 1

Good day Luc,

I wonder if Mopiranger may have potential to be rereleased? I'm under the impression that this title is more popular than it looks.

Since last December, I was sniped two times on ebay. One copy even sold for more than 200! And this title sold out quite fast on Good Deal Games.

But maybe I'm just unlucky :)

Thanks for considering my request!

Good day Luc,

I wonder if Mopiranger may have potential to be rereleased? I'm under the impression that this title is more popular than it looks.

Since last December, I was sniped two times on ebay. One copy even sold for more than 200! And this title sold out quite fast on Good Deal Games.

But maybe I'm just unlucky :)

Thanks for considering my request!

I never got any requests for Mopiranger after I declared it as permanently sold out, so I thought the supply had met the demand. I still have many unused boxes of the game, so how many people here would like me to produce more copies?

I could ask the same question about Wonder Boy, as I've actually received a few requests for the game since it sold out...

• 3 weeks later...

Another great news update with a ton of tremendous news for all us CV fans! Hopefully it will all be smooth sailing throughout development and production and we'll be enjoying some great news games later this year. As always, anything that I may be able to lend assistance with, don't hesitate to ask.

Looking over that list of upcoming games again brings me to the conclusion that you already have a full-time job as a CV Publisher... well, that is a dream job and not the real world job that will eventually be needed once again. To think, this was supposed to be the year you took off from publishing games and concentrated your efforts on BasicVision. Oh well, there is always next year or the year after that. I'll do you a favor and pass on the bad news re. BasicVision to "theloon". :P

Glad to hear that things worked out with Sean Kelly concerning Joust. I knew it eventually would considering he had two tremendous CV publshers to choose from to get the job done, but I do have to admit that I was getting a little nervous.

BTW, thanks for pushing back the Trading Card project as I haven't had the time to get around to taking pics of everything else that you asked of me. Next year sounds great!

Almost forgot, one more ADAM Super Game conversion down. Woohoo!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's OK. It's been a good year for BASIC with 7800BAS and IntyBASIC. This'll give me time to complete a couple more 2600 games and a Sega Genesis project. I'm just glad it's still on his "to do" list at all :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never got any requests for Mopiranger after I declared it as permanently sold out, so I thought the supply had met the demand. I still have many unused boxes of the game, so how many people here would like me to produce more copies?

I could ask the same question about Wonder Boy, as I've actually received a few requests for the game since it sold out...

I am interested in Wonderboy & Mopiranger