IGNORED

Season 3/ Weeks 7/8 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Radical Wheels Weeks

Vocelli

Only 15 or so people posted scores this week. Is this normal, to lose 2/3rds of the HSC less than half way through? (Or is it just Spring Break?)

Also, are the next two weeks games (Week 9/10) going to be posted next .Saturday? I liked the teaser for this week Vocelli.

I will add my scores on Thursday. I haven't got the time until now to play the games and honestly I have to read the manual for Motorodeo and Skateboardin' to figure out what to do in the games ^^

Perhaps try clearing your browser cache (or use a different browser that wouldn't have the same cache)

California Games (BMX)

52,080 - Jason_Atari

49,380 - CapitanClassic

36,710 - S.BAZ

32,660 - StanJr

31,560 - JacobZu7zu7

26,760 - Scrabbler15

25,570- karokoenig

23,560 - Gray

23,160 - Vocelli

22,400 - GornThrifting

21,520 - Mister-VCS

20,520 - classicgamer_27330

18,790 - LidLikesIntellivision

18,770 - roadrunner

17,140 - LarcenTyler

10,790 - NIKON

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 3

Skateboardin' improvement (thanks to Capitan's video) 1:40 all clear

post-34560-0-35897200-1398230227_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of enjoying this game. It's not great but I'm a little bit impressed. It feels like what my brothers & I would have called a "cheapo" nintendo game. Like Back to the Future meets 720 & what-not. even has a little music soundtrack... I guess they were trying to stand up to Nintendo in 1987 so I gotta give 'em some props, but as mentioned earlier, it seems like those X-Activision guys could have done better! Maybe if they'd done it in 1984, that year had some excellent games.

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

I dunno how you two guys got over 40ks...! Jay and Cap....... holy smokes.

I made double flips on about every ramp.

I posted a video of how I scored 48k. I don't do flips, I do multiple Tabletops. (Post 122 on page 5)

The California Games (BMX) video isn't better than my best run, but it is better than the previous videos I uploaded. I don't think I can beat 49k. It is too difficult to not make any mistakes and score that bonus 10k points.

As for Jason, he did 2x / 3x flips and completed the level without crashing, which is worth a 10,000 bonus.

I have been practicing to attempt to beat your CA games (BMX) score. Did you achieve a perfect run (no falling down)? (Worth 10,000 points.)

Did you use the flat ground tabletop technique (or something similar), described below. (I consider this an exploit and didn't count my 65k+ score)

Hi, yeah after several attempts i got the timing on the landings right, so i was basically doing triple and double flips when i could (most pts) plus getting all the flags. I was getting around 35,000 to 40,000 pts with crashing several times, so i wanted the bonus to crack the 50,000 mark. Cheers, Jason.
Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

Still finding ways to climb in score... BROKE 40KS CLUB!

Gonna check captains vid and see how he does it. (checked it)

The vid is interestin... but I can't do those little kicks... no matter how short I try to make 'em.

I do the double kicks now on high ramps, is it even possible to do a tripple flip or kick ??

post-3059-0-55044500-1398389980_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

Slightly better Motorodeo.

Cap, using your slow method is much better, but it is way too easy to get the exploit points. In fairness, I don't complete any run in which I accidentally tally an exploit. Since I don't run video, I can't keep up with the math. :spider:

post-409-0-24604400-1398390796_thumb.png

Cap, using your slow method is much better, but it is way too easy to get the exploit points. In fairness, I don't complete any run in which I accidentally tally an exploit. Since I don't run video, I can't keep up with the math. :spider:

I can score about 1480 or so if I practice the jumps. I think you are being a little too hard on yourself by throwing out a game if you accidently score an exploit. I regularly score 50 points for collapsing ramps even when I dont want to.

just for comparison, the Twin Galaxies rule for scoring exploits like this where you can keep scoring by repeating the same action, is no more that twice. So if you scored in the same way, on the same obstacle, twice it's ok, but a third time & it's disqualified. I don't know if that is always how they ruled every game but it seems to at least be the general rule they came up with. That went as well for Mario 1-ups etc.

I appreciate that Cap, but I have had runs where I would get 2 or 3 exploits on a single ramp and I just couldn't keep up with the math, so I decided to just scrap those runs. I'll keep it as honest as possible for the integrity of the HSC. I agree with your estimate on the score cap. I sat down with the course and calculated it up to that ballpark the other night. I'm going to keep trying to see how close I can get.

• Like 1

I appreciate that Cap, but I have had runs where I would get 2 or 3 exploits on a single ramp and I just couldn't keep up with the math, so I decided to just scrap those runs. I'll keep it as honest as possible for the integrity of the HSC. I agree with your estimate on the score cap. I sat down with the course and calculated it up to that ballpark the other night. I'm going to keep trying to see how close I can get.

actually, that 1480 score is what I thought I could get. If you hit all ramps, land on all platforms, crush all cars, bounce 2x after a jump, the score cap is nearer to 1,700. I haven't found a way to collect all bonuses though. Speaking of which, this run is nearly perfect. I only accidentally scored 50 points via collapsing ramps.

I missed a 50 point bonus that I don't think I can collect (without missing other potential points)

I missed a 50 point bonus that I could collect.

I missed 3x 25 point platform bonuses.

A possible 20 point car crush.

I missed 105 potential bounce on wheels points.

I think I can accept an 85% success rate.

MotorRodeo - 1,520

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

actually, that 1480 score is what I thought I could get. If you hit all ramps, land on all platforms, crush all cars, bounce 2x after a jump, the score cap is nearer to 1,700.

Then you are finding about 200 pts I cannot account for, but clearly they are there as your latest score more than proves! Well done. I'm still going to keep trying as I have little incentive to play River Raid this week.