IGNORED

Where can I get SXB for Classic99

ti99_forever

I have it as three .bin files: SXBC.Bin, SXBD.Bin, SXBG.Bin. I probably got it from WHTFTP. If that works, glad to share or you can source it from WHT. I don't have Windows, so I'm not familiar with Classic99.

I bought a cart from Triton (paid something like $90 for it?) and have a couple programs I wrote that require it. My Timer program detects for XB or SXB and sets a variable to branch to compatible code for whichever version is being used.

For the most part I used SXB's Call Cat and the advanced program line editing and resequencing at the command line and kept most of my actual programming XB-compatible. For awhile I had two full systems running with only one SXB cart and I wanted to be able to run a program on either setup.

My Catman program only uses it for the CALL CLSALL command. That's in a GOSUB, so should be easily editable in one or a few locations to run under XB. (Maybe. I recall I used it as part of a do-all error recovery routine to close any/all files without needing to know which ones were open)

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak

I've got the cart and those files. I'm looking for a ROM file for Classic 99 emulator. I think I paid $90 for it too...

I miss the CALL CAT, the REDO key (RXB removes that), and the CALL for RUN.

The additions make TIXB seem rather limited... esp the RESequence command and TRACE to a file is cool.

Ben

Ed, you're right... they are simply V9T9 format files. Tursi sent me them, but I can't get it to work in Classic99. Perhaps the files he sent are messed up?

For anyone interested, here is the entry in classic99.ini I have for SXB

[usercart0]
; *** Super XB - works
name="Super XB"
rom0=C|6000|2000|MODS\SUPERXBC.BIN
rom1=D|6000|2000|MODS\SUPERXBD.BIN
rom2=G|6000|A000|MODS\SUPERXBG.BIN
I get a prompt, but when I hit enter, it locks up really pretty! 'X' instead of 'D' for rom1 doesn't work. rom2's A000 is the length of the GROM file, but I did try 2000 and no luck at all.
Ben

Ed, you're right... they are simply V9T9 format files. Tursi sent me them, but I can't get it to work in Classic99. Perhaps the files he sent are messed up?

For anyone interested, here is the entry in classic99.ini I have for SXB

[usercart0]
; *** Super XB - works
name="Super XB"
rom0=C|6000|2000|MODS\SUPERXBC.BIN
rom1=D|6000|2000|MODS\SUPERXBD.BIN
rom2=G|6000|A000|MODS\SUPERXBG.BIN
I get a prompt, but when I hit enter, it locks up really pretty! 'X' instead of 'D' for rom1 doesn't work. rom2's A000 is the length of the GROM file, but I did try 2000 and no luck at all.
Ben

My Super XB seems to work in my Classic99 setup. I haven't messed with it in a LONG time so I don't remember if I changed this or what but, here's what I have in my config file:

[usercart1]
; *** Super Extended Basic ***
name="Super XB"
rom0=G|6000|8000|C:\TI\Cartridges\Utilities\SuperXBG.Bin
rom1=C|6000|2000|C:\TI\Cartridges\Utilities\SuperXBC.Bin
rom2=X|6000|2000|C:\TI\Cartridges\Utilities\SuperXBD.Bin

You'll need to change your path accordingly...

Let me know if that does that trick. If not, I'll upload my bin files.

Cheers!

-Dano

• 1 month later...

I've got the cart and those files. I'm looking for a ROM file for Classic 99 emulator. I think I paid $90 for it too...

The additions make TIXB seem rather limited... esp the RESequence command and TRACE to a file is cool.

Ben

Using RXB and Classic99 why would you need to type in program directly into XB using the XB editor?

Copy and Paste are the biggest features of Classic99.

Also CALL XBPGM("path.file") does the same thing as RUN "path.name"

RXB has the same GKXB mods including the RES and TRACE additions same as SXB.

And XB is rather limited compared to the new XB versions.

• 8 years later...
On 10/10/2022 at 9:45 AM, sandinak said:

Anyone still have or have a  link to the SXB files?  Spent MANY days coding in that and was considering trying to do some more ;)

Here it is..

Put the below in your classic99.ini file:

[usercart##]

; *** Super Extended Basic
name="SUPER XB"
rom0=G|6000|8000|mods\SEBAG.Bin
rom1=C|6000|2000|mods\SEBAC.Bin
rom2=X|6000|2000|mods\SEBAD.Bin

SUPERXB.zip

SUPER Extended BASIC.pdf

Edited by Shift838

On 4/12/2014 at 12:05 AM, ti99_forever said:

Ben

Hmmm those are in GK XB that is also the core of RXB and SXB as those were Miller Graphics mods for RESequence and TRACE. along with CALL CLSALL.

RXB 2015 I fixed the REDO KEY again so works just like it used to in XB or SXB.

CALL RUN in SXB is CALL XB in RXB.

RXB 2022 has replaced many of the old commands like CALL HCHAR so are stupid fast are written in Assembly now.

• Like 1