IGNORED

My Magical Rainbow Unicorn Pony sighting at Midwest Gaming Classic

Atari_Bill, The room we were in had a lot of rare items. The only Intellivision besides mine had the piano keyboard, which was pretty cool.

That would be mine. :-D People seem to get a kick out of the music keyboard every year, so I keep bringing it. I would have done a more standard Intellivision display if I had known there wasn't going to be one at all. Usually the Underdog Chamber has one, but I don't recall seeing one running anywhere at the show this year, besides your Tutorvision and my Intellivision II/ECS.

Aside from this, the biggest surprise for me in that area was a CoCo3 running a version of Donkey Kong that was near arcade perfect in both sound and graphics. From what I remember of those computers (at least the CoCo2) a port like that shouldn't be possible.

Where have you been, bro? CoCo3 Donkey Kong is kinda old news. ;) It definitely wouldn't be possible on a CoCo1/2 though.

Chuck,

Nice find! I wish I was that fortunate with garage sales and/or estate sales. The best I came across so far was a Tomy Tutor unit (which I passed on).

Do you have any video or pictures of either of the games? I'm sure the rest of the group would be interested. Also, out of curiosity, have you tried playing any Intellivision games on it as well?

I do have old pictures of screenshots I will round some up. It does play any regular Intellivision game as well. Including coleco and activision games. The only difference is a half height proportional font that the edugames can use. Edited by Chuck Gill

• 3 years later...

The Midwest Gaming Classic starts Friday April 13 2018. My wife and I will be there with the TutorVision, Stop by and say hello.

What day(s) will you be there with the TutorVision? Will it be hooked up to a TV or just on display? I think I have to come by to see it. :)

Here are some pictures I took of Chuck's Tutorvision that was on display at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee yesterday. It was set up in its display case with a powered ventilation fan and the Map Mazes game booted up from an LTO Flash.

The lighting in that area of the room was tough, but the camera did a respectable job of compensating. These photos are not adjusted in any way, but I did reduce their size to post here.

Sadly, I couldn't get a hands-on demonstration, as Chuck wasn't around to give a tour and both controllers were inside the case. But it was still cool to see.

post-39531-0-16223000-1523812245_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-50748500-1523812260_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-22419000-1523812267_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-08419700-1523812298_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-19022900-1523812308_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-22563300-1523812315_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-35411800-1523812322_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Here are some pictures I took of Chuck's Tutorvision that was on display at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee yesterday. It was set up in its display case with a powered ventilation fan and the Map Mazes game booted up from an LTO Flash.

The lighting in that area of the room was tough, but the camera did a respectable job of compensating. These photos are not adjusted in any way, but I did reduce their size to post here.

Sadly, I couldn't get a hands-on demonstration, as Chuck wasn't around to give a tour and both controllers were inside the case. But it was still cool to see.

Nice photos. I should have left a note with my number on it so you could text me. It was a huge show, my wife and I were there someplace. A couple of my museum friends did tell me that someone was looking for me. We tried to hang around the museum in case you returned.