http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-sea-dragon_4559.html

START = start

PAUSE = pause/resume

RESET = reset

* = number of players/stick selection

# = difficulty selection

There are two cart images: sea16.bin is a single chip 16K image, sea64.bin is a 64K image using the M.U.L.E. bank switching scheme - the game is the same in both, the bigger one contains an Aking splash screen. Thanks to Aking and Official Ninja for testing.

I have kept the cheats the same as the original... hint: 2-port owners will be kept honest.

sea16.bin

sea64.bin

sea16_source.zip

sea64_source.zip

• Like 6

Thank you yet again! Tough game too! I eat it every time you have to navigate the cavern. Either it's tough or I suck lol!

You actually took my breath away. Really, I gasped. Sea Dragon is such a great game. Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing it to 5200.

Thank you yet again! Tough game too! I eat it every time you have to navigate the cavern. Either it's tough or I suck lol!

if you have a 4 port you can cheat ...

How?

A quote from Paul:

".............cheats which are accessed by pressing the trigger on the joysticks in ports 3 & 4 (extra lives and level select)."

Edit:

Also HERE confirms it is the same on the 800 with 4 joystick ports :)

Edited by Official Ninja

This is one special game I have fond memories of - back in the day. That is actually able to be completed - if you put your time and patience into it. It reminds me a lot of Thrust - which gets progressively harder. The knack in Sea Dragon is to know that sweet spot when you have some forward/backward motion available to you - which forces any likely mine to rise - rise. Once you know of that critical spot of the screen - and where your sub should be to take advantage of it. You'll then not find it to be a frustrating game at all, by understanding it's play mechanics. Of course it is a nerve wracking game to play but it is simply the best of all the 'scramble' like games out there - in which it's speed is slowed down.

Like Blue Max it serves as an example of excellent game design. An oldie but a goodie.

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove

I've been playing a bit, using one of my WICO analog sticks, and it has good control.

I would image though, that this game might be next to impossible using the stock controller.

There are some games I prefer the stock controller, but a game like this that needs precision movement in the tunnels...

The stock controller, seems like it would add a whole level of difficulty.

(Yes, I'm too lazy to grab one and try it out) :)