IGNORED

RAM DISK - Interest check

Omega-TI

RAM DISKS - Interest check  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If someone was to come out with a NEW version of a Horizon RAM Disk would you be interested in purchasing one?

2. 2. If someone was to come out with a NEW version of the Super AMS card would you be interested in purchasing one?

3. 3. What format would you prefer?

• Sidecar Design
    • Card in the P-Box
    • Other (if checked, post a message for clarification)
  4. 4. How much memory do you think a card like this should have?

5. 5. How much would you be willing to spend for an assembled product?

6. 6. Would a BONUS option make you more willing to purchase one?

• YES
    • NO
    • IF yes, speech internal, but nothing else.
    • IF yes, a real time clock, but nothing else.
    • If yes, both speech internal & a real time clock
    • Just keep the cost down and give me the memory only.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Funnelweb and MENU (for the Horizon RAMdisk) are two programs that fit the TI like a glove. I usually run MENU in auto-start mode then launch into either the cartridge or one of the menu items like Funnelweb, Disk Utilities, Archiver, etc. Funnelweb has its own menus in addition to the built-in editor, assembler, and loaders. Unfortunately, like many other V9938-aware programs, it cannot run without the extra VRAM, therefore the F18A is not 80-column compatible.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I've been working on assembly of a couple of test articles over the holidays, so this one is definitely still in the works. It isn't ready for pre-orders yet, as I first have to verify that I got all of the traces on the layout done properly with the test articles--after that is proven one way or the other, I'll do a production run order. Depending on my available time, that may not be before the April/May timeframe. Life and hobbies don't always mix well, just ask my wife. :)

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 3

• 5 years later...

How can I use the entire memory on the Foundation 128k memory card on the TI99/4a?

Using DU2k's DSR search, it lists MEM96, MEM96A, MEM96B, MEM96C, MEM96D and MEMINIT.

I tried the Basic CALL statement on these DSR names resulting in Bad name, error.

Is there a program that allows setting up the portion of the memory above 32K as a ramdisk?

There is a replacement eprom available that effectively turns the foundation card into a Myarc 128k. It allows using the card as a ram disk. I believe you can run Myarc XBII as well. I got two of them for my Foundation cards from Hummingbird EPROMs. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rgjt said:

How can I use the entire memory on the Foundation 128k memory card on the TI99/4a?

Using DU2k's DSR search, it lists MEM96, MEM96A, MEM96B, MEM96C, MEM96D and MEMINIT.

I tried the Basic CALL statement on these DSR names resulting in Bad name, error.

Is there a program that allows setting up the portion of the memory above 32K as a ramdisk?

QS-Ramdisk software in message: