IGNORED

Jagfest at MGC 2014

racerx

Wrapped up another Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend, and Dan Iacovelli, Clay and myself again did our part to keep the Jagfest portion alive.

I felt like a jerk bouncing back and forth between upstairs and downstairs...I don't know if I'll bring arcade cabs and the Jags again next year. With the rain coming in, we ended up hurriedly loading cabs and pins and I didn't even get to enjoy my own networked Battlesphere.

All of my pics can be found here:

Friday setup: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.835233636490971.1073741841.603901236290880&type=1

Day 1: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.835994039748264.1073741843.603901236290880&type=1

Day 2: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.836406786373656.1073741844.603901236290880&type=1

Jagfest highlights...

DSC_3090_zps2155fe90.jpg

20140413_092858_zps460eec99.jpg

DSC_3191_zps86a6f1a7.jpg

DSC_3192_zps5c15863e.jpg

• Like 4

Well I have let racerx and Dan Lacovelli give their reports on MGC 14, so time for my report. This year I kept track of all the cartridges and CDs that were played in my Jag. #1 cartridge, not unexpectedly, was Rayman. Followed closely by Downfall+ and NBA Jam TE. #1 CD was easily Primal Rage. Far behind is #2 World Tour Racing and #3 Full Circle: Rocketeer. AVP also saw quite a bit of play.

I had a incident on Sunday that made the whole MGC worth coming to. Sunday morning not many around. A young lady was sitting in a chair across from our display looking bored. I started a casual conversation with her finding out she was here with her husband who was in one of the other rooms playing games and only came because her husband agreed to go to a convention in Memphis with her if she would come to MGC even though she really does not like video games. I asked her why she dislikes video games and she said they are too hard. I told her I had a super simple game that even my grandmother could play and talked her into coming over to look at Downfall+, trying it and loving it. She was still playing when the husband came out looking very surprised. Maybe the beginning of a new avid video gamer.

Racerx mentioned he did not get to play any networked Battlesphere but we did have 3 Jags networked, working, and several games played without racerx.

In the last picture posted by racerx a girl has a set of ears on. The Super Mario room was giving them out and almost begging people to take 2 or more. There were hundreds of people wearing them over the 2 days.

• Like 5

I had a incident on Sunday that made the whole MGC worth coming to. Sunday morning not many around. A young lady was sitting in a chair across from our display looking bored. I started a casual conversation with her finding out she was here with her husband who was in one of the other rooms playing games .....

I thought this story was going to end differently ......ha ????

• Like 3