57 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best INTV game from the following list

• Armor Battle (Mattel)
    • Sea Battle (Mattel)
    • Snafu (Mattel)
    • Triple Action (Mattel)
    • Utopia (Mattel)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is the first pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

The will be several pool of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

Sport and shoot'em up have a specific category because of the many representative titles.

Arcade games have a specific category since it was a must of that time to port games from the arcade to console, and I remember all the magazines evaluation the power of the consoles by comparing the conversions :-)

We start with some of the very first games introduced in the market :-)

There are so many good titles, and some of them can be a nice discover for the people who did not play in the past.

Mattel-Armor-Battle.jpgMattel-Sea-Battle.jpgMattel-Snafu.jpg

Mattel-Triple-Action.jpgMattel-Utopia.jpg

I voted Armor Battle because it was a significant upgrade over Combat for the 2600. Snafu is also a nice game with catchy music.

I consider armor battle extremely well done and realistic... but I voted Utopia as it is a classic and probably introduced a new concept of gaming

I voted for Sea Battle because of the extra strategy and planning involved ("I want the powerful ship but it will slow down my fleet").

yes, I do not remember when a better sea simulation has hitten the market (probably on c64 years after, but I do not have a title in mind)

Some solid titles here, but easily Utopia for me. It was such a revolutionary game at the time and I loved playing this with my buddies.

in fact it was so revolutionary that I did not understand what kind of gameplay was, and I never considered buying... big mistake..

I love Utopia but I also enjoyed Sea Battle, the problem with most of these games is most need two players to be much fun.

Valter, that's your next category: Best Two-Player Only Games Of All Time. ;)

I 2nd the idea that there needs to be some single player versions of these. Or we all need to get together for a week and play them!

I voted for Utopia from this group. Maybe not more fun that Biplanes but it simply is the best game.

This grouping is just cruel! I love love love all these games. Had to go w/ Utopia based on its longevity and that it was truly a groundbreaking concept (to me at least). Was there any other 'sim' type game prior to this one?

As others mentioned, the pacing and music in SNAFU are awesome, and the tank and biplanes games in Triple Action are excellent. Armor Battle and Sea Battle provided my family with many hours of great fun, too. Choosing a winner in this one is like killing puppies.

• Like 1

I agree with Steve this grouping is cruel as all the games in this poll are unique and clearly represent the healthy mix of action and strategy that characterised Intellivision games.

Unfortunately, most of them are two player games and nowadays difficult to play and appreciate. Until Dave comes with the Super Pro versions :)

I miss my childhood buddies (specially for Marathonic sessions of Sea Battle and Utopia)...

At the end, I went for Snafu as it is the one that I still play as there are plenty of 1 player options. However, my heart still is broken.

I voted Armor Battle because it was a significant upgrade over Combat for the 2600. Snafu is also a nice game with catchy music.

What he said.

Snafu was like a playful version of TRON light cycles. (Should have been included in the TRON Complete cartridge... just saying...)

What he said.

Snafu was like a playful version of TRON light cycles. (Should have been included in the TRON Complete cartridge... just saying...)

I love tron cycles, I would like to see a new game on Inty about that (snafu is nice but not capturing the real tron feeling)