IGNORED

Atari2600.com Open for Business?

ValkerieSilk

Hmmmm, just noticed I got a partial refund today....wonder why?

One of your games was OOS (Out of Stock). I got an $11.95 partial refund on my last order of Atari games, because 7800 Desert Falcon (CIB) was not in stock. This was the day before the rest of my order shipped. If he doesn't have an automatic stock system and isn't doing inventory often, it is very likely for this to happen multiple times...

I've gotten most of the 7800 games I wanted. Pretty much done with the site now.

One of your games was OOS (Out of Stock). I got an $11.95 partial refund on my last order of Atari games, because 7800 Desert Falcon (CIB) was not in stock. This was the day before the rest of my order shipped. If he doesn't have an automatic stock system and isn't doing inventory often, it is very likely for this to happen multiple times...

I've gotten most of the 7800 games I wanted. Pretty much done with the site now.

Dude, that is really lame, my refund was for like half of my order, weak, lol

Dude, that is really lame, my refund was for like half of my order, weak, lol

I would assume the items you ordered and have been refunded for ended up being sold thru their eBay store and this has become a common occurence for those that have placed orders through the atari2600.com website. All in all, very discouraging to hear this.

Well, I ordered 24 of the same game for a reproduction project I am working on. So I could get all 25 from one source I ordered 8 regular, 8 sears and 8 boxed all ranging in price from $1 to $2 so the order total was around $50 shipped

The shipping money was $15 and likely not refunded, and I was refunded $25 for the games that were not in stock... so if thats the case I could have just paid $25 shipped for as low as 5 copies of the 25 I ordered, which if that is the case and I was not contacted first, I will have a major problem as these games are being used as donors and I never would have bought them at $5 each....guess we will wait and see what shows up, lol.

I just made an order with them. Fingers crossed. I'll try to remember to reply with the result.

Edit: I also sent an e-mail with instructions to follow if any of the games I ordered aren't in stock, so hopefully I won't have the same problem Crazy Climber just had.

Edited by 5-11under

Well, I ordered 24 of the same game for a reproduction project I am working on. So I could get all 25 from one source I ordered 8 regular, 8 sears and 8 boxed all ranging in price from $1 to $2 so the order total was around $50 shipped

The shipping money was $15 and likely not refunded, and I was refunded $25 for the games that were not in stock... so if thats the case I could have just paid $25 shipped for as low as 5 copies of the 25 I ordered, which if that is the case and I was not contacted first, I will have a major problem as these games are being used as donors and I never would have bought them at $5 each....guess we will wait and see what shows up, lol.

That sucks dude. Given A2600's recent track record for customer support, sending him emails would have been shouting at a brick wall. At least he should have contacted you inquiring why you wanted X amount of the same title. That is probably not the typical purchase order he sees.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if $17.50 is his new shipping rate. I wanted to purchase a few small black manuals and the shipping charges appeared to be 17.50 no matter how many I had. I have never paid this much for shipping and handling before from atari2600.com and I have been buying from them for years. I really hope that this is not the case because if so, then I will not be able to make any more purchases from that site anymore.

So I was able to swing by Joe's place a little over a week ago. Here's the scoop:

Joe's eBay business (The Video Game Gallery) has exploded and even he was surprised (and a little overwhelmed to be honest) as to how much time it's taking for him to run his eBay store.

This must be why B&C Computervisions sells so much on Ebay. There are just so many shoppers on Ebay than find your website. The Ebay "buyer protection" I suppose is worth something. All the new customers - juxtaposed with the threat of nasty customer feedback - means that this usually happens, so much that even paying Ebay's big fees doesn't deter sellers.

Sellers that still run their own store sites should put a disclaimer that, "If you want fast service, visit our Ebay store where the potential threat of your negative feedback will garner you much faster service."

Yeah, my last order from JC for 24 games took just over a month to arrive and was missing 14 games. The worst part was no communication...

I can deal with insanely slow shipping as long as it arrives, these were for a project so I can just remember to order 1 month in advance next time, no big deal.

The fact that I only received about 40% of what I ordered is a huge problem though, especially since I sent emails before it shipped asking if this was an issue and that I have other games I can purchase as replacement options. I would not have paid $15 shipping for 10 commons when I needed 24. Therefore I will not be going to atari2600.com anymore or referring people and will actually go out of my way to tell people not to shop there...it reminds me of when you buy an overseas game you want and decide to throw in some extra stuff to justify the shipping. The box arrives, missing the game you wanted and you paid big money to ship games you wouldn't have ordered otherwise. Very bad business practice that I can not support. :thumbsdown:

lol yep I made that same mistake when I ordered from them, I paid for two day shipping but it took over a month for the three items (two games and a connector) to even ship and once they did it still took a good week and a half if memory serves.

I ordered from them once and once was enough, maybe I've just been lucky over the years but I have never before or since experienced such slow service and total lack of communication from an online retailer.

This is sad to hear. That online store used to have good customer service. I bought quite a few games from Atari2600.com a couple years ago, and I'd get the games shipped within 3-5 days, and I live on the other side of the US. But there was a game or two that he didn't have in stock and refunded me for that, and it was printed on the invoice. He had really good deals on games; sometimes cheaper than anywhere else.

But I guess I'm glad I haven't bought anything from that store recently given the lack of communication and very long shipping times ppl here have experienced. It is obvious Joe has placed priority on his ebay store. He either needs to have someone help with his Atari2600 store...or he needs to close it and focus completely on his ebay store.

My guess is all the stuff on the atari2600.com site is in the warehouse and he makes one monthly trip for all online orders

Far be it from me to question a vulcan's logic but I recall a video where Gamester81 interviewed Joe the owner of atari2600.com and they showed the areas in his home and garage where they cleaned and stored all the items, than again that could have only been items from the big purchase they made in Florida.

Edited by mipaol

My guess is all the stuff on the atari2600.com site is in the warehouse and he makes one monthly trip for all online orders

There is no warehouse. All of this stuff is in his garage/home. There was a video posted a while back (maybe Gamester 81?) where he visited Joe and there were just big rows of shelving where everything is stored. I can't believe after all the negative experiences that have been posted here that people would still order from him, but I guess all you can do is warn people.

• Like 1

There is no warehouse. All of this stuff is in his garage/home. There was a video posted a while back (maybe Gamester 81?) where he visited Joe and there were just big rows of shelving where everything is stored. I can't believe after all the negative experiences that have been posted here that people would still order from him, but I guess all you can do is warn people.

I know all the new stuff he got (NES and up) was stored in his house but all the classic pre 8 bit stuff was in a storage warehouse down the road from him.

Yeah, I have ordered from him for over 10 years and had quite a few conversations/etc so I had to see it for myself before I believed it, now I believe it, atari2600.com is dead to me...