IGNORED

Atari2600.com Open for Business?

ValkerieSilk

Cest La Vie. I got most of the 7800 games I wanted. Somebody personally recommended atari2600 to me right before the big Florida haul happened. At first I though the momentary lapse was excusable since he had to stop everything for the cross country trip. But the fact he only ships out once a month is pathetic. He should put a disclaimer on his website like how the old mail order forms from back in the day:

Orders placed on atari2600.com may take 4-6 weeks for delivery.

At least then his slacking would be semi-excusable. Not informing customers of the delay and not answering emails when they ask "where's ma stuff" is inexcusable.

• Like 1

I ordered a large stack of Intellivision overlays from Atari2600.com about 6 weeks ago. They were shipped 2 weeks after I placed the order and I received them about 1.5 weeks after that.

I'm not sure if he ships to Canada but so far I have had nothing but good experiences with Best Electronics.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com

They do ship to Canada. The only problem is that the guy who runs that site is an absolute jackass. As long as you are extremely polite and don't keep sending e-mails with questions, you'll be okay. He can nitpick anything and the moment you do something he doesn't like, he has a tendency to stop responding to your e-mails altogether.

With that said, it's still the best place to buy an Atari Jaguar CD, since you can get brand new units at fairly decent prices.

Holy shit! A fixed shipping charge of $17.50? Is this just an International Shipping charge or is this for everyone... U.S., Canada, etc.? It's sad to see this all transpiring and there must be a very good reason/incentive for him to prefer an eBay Store instead of a website store.

Holy shit! A fixed shipping charge of $17.50? Is this just an International Shipping charge or is this for everyone... U.S., Canada, etc.? It's sad to see this all transpiring and there must be a very good reason/incentive for him to prefer an eBay Store instead of a website store.

$17.50 for US, haven't checked international charges.