IGNORED

The ColecoVision Revolution - Evolution!

SiLic0ne t0aD

how about

www.nogirlsallowed.com

Hmmm I don't know about that, I glanced at it, that was.. different. :P

I wish more Women were in to gaming and collecting and I've been trying to push it around my area and hopefully turn more people on to Retro Gaming in general through Facebook or word of mouth. :party:

Lots of titles and stuff to pick from.. still not sure but when we figure it out, perhaps i will make a poll on it with maybe half a dozen possibilities. Select your favorite and see what happens. :)

So far, I'm really liking Youkie's suggestion, Coleco Power. :ahoy:

That's great, reminds me of Nintendo Power but this is strictly Coleco of course ;)

www.ColecoPower.com

its a fact that not many girls played the retro games much. I'm sure there's a few. But as a hobby I'd say even less so when it comes in my house it's my time away from the wife... plus anytime I start speaking logically.

Although She did get hooked on jewel panic one day on the colecovision.

Colecovision.com - would be my ideal. Easy to find and easy for new people to find. Doesn't seem to be available though.

• Like 1

Right on! :)

Yes, ColecoVision.com would be the "king" of name choices.. Too bad, that domain has been taken for as long as I remember.

I remember the old site back from the early 2000's, sorta.. It looked really nice from what I remember and wish I could do something similar.

I'd assume River West Brands has dibs on that..

That is a good point though. We are skewed towards the colecovision side of coleco but if you are looking for lots of hits and bigger traffic etc then perhaps it should be coleco & not colecovision

Might be lots of rod hockey enthusiast that might drop by for instance if they have a place to share

• Like 1

That is a good point though. We are skewed towards the colecovision side of coleco but if you are looking for lots of hits and bigger traffic etc then perhaps it should be coleco & not colecovision

Might be lots of rod hockey enthusiast that might drop by for instance if they have a place to share

Thats true, i never thought about it much but it just hit me earlier, this may be the way to go.

Don't mind me, Im just bouncing around some idea's before settling on something. ;)

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. Makes this much easier, its all about/for the fans after all..

Also, I should mention that I've been getting more into the Coleco ADAM lately and plan on purchasing one very soon off a fellow AA'er.

I'd like to have an ADAM section as well, can't leave you guys out..

Overall, I want it to be user friendly, to all CV/ADAM fans, players, collectors, newcomers, etc. :)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

its a fact that not many girls played the retro games much. I'm sure there's a few. But as a hobby I'd say even less so when it comes in my house it's my time away from the wife... plus anytime I start speaking logically.

Although She did get hooked on jewel panic one day on the colecovision.

Colecovision.com - would be my ideal. Easy to find and easy for new people to find. Doesn't seem to be available though.

I have three younger sisters and we would play Donkey Kong and Frogger on the ColecoVision all time. They also played quite a bit of Atari 2600, and NES. There were constant battles and negotiations over whose turn it was. Edited by dashv

This sounds like a really cool idea, I wish you the best of luck! :) I was going to pick up a ColecoVision as my first retro gaming console before deciding on an Atari 2600 Jr. to get things going. I'm sure I will pick up a ColecoVision eventually (just wish the homebrews were more readily available like 2600/7800 homebrews on AtariAge), but in the meantime, I hope this all goes as planned!

Sounds like a very ambitious project, as previously mentioned. Sounds really awesome though.

• Like 1

Still trying to get all my "ducks in a row" on this.. its going to happen eventually but I don't know when.. It's tough, especially when you're the One-Man Band on a project of this magnitude.

So something without coleco in the name might be a good idea, I don't need to get sued or hassled over something silly.. It's a tough call, just wish I had some backup on it. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey! I would love to help out with this in some way. Do you want some Canadian content? I just posted another topic about a web site and was directed here - this project is WAY larger than I had thought... you're looking to make a ColecoVision Wiki here... but if there were enough contributors it could work... :-)

I've been scratching my head trying to come up with a domain name as well... it should be short so it doesn't take a while to type, and it also needs to describe what the site is all about. Unfortunately, the name ColecoVision itself is ideal but is long! My thinking then is that name length may not need to be the number one concern... my personal favourite is "ColecoVisionWorld.com" (and it's available... and it's not as long as "ColecoVisionRevolution").

If you want to avoid the possibility of law suit, maybe "CVRevolution" or "CVWorld"? The term "ColecoVision" can be put in the meta data so that people would still find the site via search engines. Probably most people would find it this way anyway, or through a link in one of these forums or another site.

Or perhaps it's just a matter of getting permission to use the name anywhere on your site from the good folks at River West :-)

Edited by HkryCrkStudio
  • Like 1

Hey! I would love to help out with this in some way. Do you want some Canadian content? I just posted another topic about a web site and was directed here - this project is WAY larger than I had thought... you're looking to make a ColecoVision Wiki here... but if there were enough contributors it could work... :-)

I've been scratching my head trying to come up with a domain name as well... it should be short so it doesn't take a while to type, and it also needs to describe what the site is all about. Unfortunately, the name ColecoVision itself is ideal but is long! My thinking then is that name length may not need to be the number one concern... my personal favourite is "ColecoVisionWorld.com" (and it's available... and it's not as long as "ColecoVisionRevolution").

If you want to avoid the possibility of law suit, maybe "CVRevolution" or "CVWorld"? The term "ColecoVision" can be put in the meta data so that people would still find the site via search engines. Probably most people would find it this way anyway, or through a link in one of these forums or another site.

Or perhaps it's just a matter of getting permission to use the name anywhere on your site from the good folks at River West :-)

Hi, thanks for the reply! First, I would also like to say Welcome Aboard as well and Im glad someone else has an interest in creating a new ColecoVision site. :)

This project has the potential to be pretty huge and it would be cool to take it to that level.. eventually. Honestly, i've been so busy with life right now and haven't had the time or resources to be able to properly dedicate myself to this project at the moment.

I've had the name Retro Rave Games for years, a name I came up with back in 2001 and would like to do something with that soon since I already registered that domain. I'm not quite sure yet what all content would be included but there's a nice checklist in this thread so far. I enjoy other retro-systems as well, just maybe not quite as much as CV. I'm also a big NES fan and recenty have gotten into the Vectrex as well..

Another issue is contributors and assistance on the project.. I haven't really had any, other than a couple gentlemen that offered here in the thread.

Although I still have some issues to work around, perhaps then some contributions would possibly come along. Any content would be welcomed though, no matter where you're from.. We're all huge ColecoVision fans here.

Maybe i've been over-thinking the name thing but I just want to be cautious.. Then again, the name itself is extremely important, since I have to live with it for a while too..

The ColecoVision Revolution was Rev's idea and site, the domain expired and so I just basically offered to maintain it for the time being,. which i've been slacking a bit on to say the least..

I work full-time and am also very busy on weekends.. I play music every Saturday and so that means Sunday is sometimes the only free day I have and even then its not totally free with having a house and whatnot. So with that being said, everything is pretty much at a stalemate at the moment. I have other projects that i've dedicated myself to get completed and it kind of a first come, first serve basis.. I can't get too many projects going on at once or else i'll never get anything done.. :lol: . So one step at a time there.

However, there can never be too many ColecoVision websites out there IMHO and so if you want to make a site, go for it!

Its all free game and I haven't necessarily called "dibs" on the ColecoVision Revolution itself necessarily.. if this is something you'd like to tackle, then there's the possibility you could take it on. :)

I must say, there is something else that was recently discussed with another fellow AA'er and CV person here, an even bigger project/site, far beyond the scope of this project discussed here and I happily offered my assistance to help with that, without hesitation. I can not say who/what/when or anything just yet, I'd like to say it's somewhat top-secret at the moment (unless he wants reveal anything) but is also much farther down the road, possibly towards/at the end of this year if everything works out. ;)

Anyway, I'm glad to see another CV fan here who also has a passion for it beyond the casual enthusiast, that also wants to contribute to the scene in a bigger way. :cool: Awesome!

Cheers-

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

SiLic0ne, I know what you mean about working full time and being busy every weekend - I'm in the same boat. So nothing would get accomplished in a real hurry. But I am thinking about starting by putting together a few videos documenting the mods I'll be attempting in the near future on my own console(s)... my gf has a talented 16-year-old who is an aspiring film director and he's good with all the Adobe Creative Cloud stuff and I'm hoping he can make me look intelligent and professional :-) .... I'll post links here as soon as I get something made. Perhaps the videos can be used as part of a how-to section of a future web site... not to get ahead of myself or anything.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, the CV forum moves slow! Ya'll need some more active spammers up in here....

Yeah, it's a different animal here in CV land compared to the no holds barred free-for-all that goes on in the Inty Forum. Thankfully you and bennybingo spice things up from time to time here... with a little help from your's truly.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a different animal here in CV land compared to the no holds barred free-for-all that goes on in the Inty Forum. Thankfully you and bennybingo spice things up from time to time here... with a little help from your's truly.

:)

Did you figure out why I said FOREVER?

I host

http://www.theadamresource.com/

but all of the content on there is assembled or prepared by other people. The core of the content is from way back, done by Scott Gordon. Anyway, the maintainer of that site says that he's done. So either it is frozen in time, or I guess I'm shopping for a potential maintainer. Either is good by me. I'm not ambitious enough to try and make a mega site with everything. That's a task for someone else. I just want to make sure that there is information available for people who want it.

Any there was some discussion in another thread about how theadamresource.com got hacked in February. It didn't take too long to restore it. And so far it has remained hacker free.

Edited by hardhat
  • Like 1