IGNORED

Jaguar picture flicking/flashing

bladze

It's not just s French Jaguar?

Also, as I said previously, if you read the thread I linked to, zero explains the problem with the way the official SCART cable is connected internally and gives you the info on how to fix it. I was sure you'd have better luck with a different TV as have the same issue on one TV (Toshiba) but not on my Bravias.

Don't give up on SCART, it's the best solution by far. Just do the fix! :0)

As I recall there are two slightly different versions of the PAL system, although I no longer remember what the difference are.

I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that these Jaguars use the other (non UK compatible) version. Although it may not be related to your problem it is possible that some TVs for sale in the UK may support both versions but other may only support UK PAL hence the apparent sync issue with some sets and not others if there are slight timing difference that result in the odd sync pulse being missed.

Edited by Stephen Moss

As I recall there are two slightly different versions of the PAL system, although I no longer remember what the difference are.

I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that these Jaguars use the other (non UK compatible) version. Although it may not be related to your problem it is possible that some TVs for sale in the UK may support both versions but other may only support UK PAL hence the apparent sync issue with some sets and not others if there are slight timing difference that result in the odd sync pulse being missed.

Forgive me for speaking out of turn, but this is nothing to do with that French "SECAM" business is it?

Hell... I don't even know what SECAM is(!), but it was mentioned a lot on packaging and stuff BitD...

If this is the case, would the SCART fix suggested by Zero still work or would I still see the same problem?

Hi everyone,

So today I managed to get this working so I thought I would post the fix I used. I have attached a picture of a small converter I purchased online (see link below) for £2.20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scart-Adapter-Switchable-Plug-Socket/dp/B00077DC6A/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1398555191&sr=8-8&keywords=SCART+to+RCA

I am sure that ZERO/sh3-rg fix would have fixed this, however, not being experienced with a soldering iron, I am to scared too damaged my original Atari SCART. I may well still carry out the fix at some point in the future once I have had a bit of practice with the iron as I know RGB will provide a better picture. But for now, this does at least mean I can play!

Thanks for everyone for their help on this!

post-39010-0-47737200-1398555347_thumb.jpg