IGNORED

Check it out a Colecovision Homebrew Game Out in the Wild!

RelliK111

rey_1178, on 18 Apr 2014 - 5:33 PM, said:

I had one of these retro games store just a few blocks away from me but sadly they closed. I loved going in there.....

Ya I was shocked on how cool this place was! It has events for shooter games every month!!! Plus I was just shocked to find a Homebrew Colecovision game! I thought it was pretty cool! ;) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

o.pwuaioc, on 18 Apr 2014 - 8:38 PM, said:

The most I've ever seen out here, in terms of not licensed games, are bootlegs. If homebrews ever move, they must get snatched up pretty quickly.

Ya I was shocked and happy to see it there. Its cool to see homebrews at retail

• 1 month later...

After seeing this auction go for so little $68 I was looking at the sellers history and I think the seller may be a pawn shop owner. As he sells a mixed bag of stuff and what looks like mostly pawn shop stuff, which makes me wonder if PONG was out in the wild also to start with and then moved to ebay. Just a guess

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-17-Sega-and-Atari-Games-Shinobi-sonic-nba-jam-Venture-NO-RESERVE-/390843554796?nma=true&si=msJgBBAI0jKT%252BwtIirp6BrgCMzo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Someone got a amazing deal that is for sure!

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

After seeing this auction go for so little $68 I was looking at the sellers history and I think the seller may be a pawn shop owner. As he sells a mixed bag of stuff and what looks like mostly pawn shop stuff, which makes me wonder if PONG was out in the wild also to start with and then moved to ebay. Just a guess

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-17-Sega-and-Atari-Games-Shinobi-sonic-nba-jam-Venture-NO-RESERVE-/390843554796?nma=true&si=msJgBBAI0jKT%252BwtIirp6BrgCMzo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Someone got a amazing deal that is for sure!

If that is a pawn broker then it has to be stolen because whoever owned it would have know they could have gotten more money on ebay than selling it to a pawn broker.

ColecoDan, on 21 May 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:ColecoDan, on 21 May 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:ColecoDan, on 21 May 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

If that is a pawn broker then it has to be stolen because whoever owned it would have know they could have gotten more money on ebay than selling it to a pawn broker.

Well you would think so but you would also think that someone selling the game would list it in the description on ebay. I would love to know how the seller got the game. He started the listing at $6.99?? which is random also. It seems obvious that he didn't buy it from Collectorvision. A $150 game brand new goes for $68 because of the lack of description. Maybe your right maybe it was stolen and then pawned off. That makes the most since then any other theory. Its all kind of weird that is for sure. I wonder if anyone on AA has gotten robbed lately? or mail stolen???

Edited by RelliK111

Its hard to say, who knows but the seller... maybe. Heck, I can't even believe you guys saw that in the first place, considering that the game wasn't in the item description at all, just in the picture. Pretty fishy..

Yep, its a weird situation overall and a killer deal for the buyer to say the least! Wow.

SiLic0ne t0aD85, on 21 May 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

Its hard to say, who knows but the seller... maybe. Heck, I can't even believe you guys saw that in the first place, considering that the game wasn't in the item description at all, just in the picture. Pretty fishy..

Yep, its a weird situation overall and a killer deal for the buyer to say the least! Wow.

Ya if I saw it I would have gone for it! Talking it through with Colecodan I would be willing to bet money, someone stole it from someone's mail and then pawned it off. I had that happen to me on a VGA 90 Halo game I bought, someone stole it on my front door and then saw it on ebay a week later. I got my money back on the game but that didn't matter as much because I really wanted the game!

That could be the case... good theory. I would hope that the person would have reported it missing/stolen though and you'd think the news would eventually make its way back to the guys here. $150 isn't exactly chump change for a game either imho.

Damn man, sorry to hear that about your game though.. people are really ignorant sometimes, to say the least! I'm constantly worried about my collections, especially nowadays.. Its grown a lot. My area is getting worse in general anymore...

A few years back, my house got broken into while i was at work, all my PS2 games, a ton of CDs.. cases (all empty, had the CDs in a binder..haha, sucka!) and two of my guitars, a cheapie Fender acoustic (no big deal) but my beloved '85 Gibson Explorer, designer series w/ a Kahler trem.. That hurts the most... gone! :mad:

I never bothered to buy new games after that for a long time.. im sorry to say but that ruined my mojo for a bit and rightfully so! I'm pretty protected nowadays though, in many ways .. and I make it known to everybody around here. Bust out the security cameras, thats all i can say! ;) I found out who did it though but just a couple years after, a little too late.. but what goes around, comes around and karma did catch up with him. :twisted:

Ya if I saw it I would have gone for it! Talking it through with Colecodan I would be willing to bet money, someone stole it from someone's mail and then pawned it off. I had that happen to me on a VGA 90 Halo game I bought, someone stole it on my front door and then saw it on ebay a week later. I got my money back on the game but that didn't matter as much because I really wanted the game!

• Like 2

I can't seem to figure out how to make it so you can see the video straight from Atari Age. I used to be able to just by copy and pasting the link but for some reason that is not working anymore Albert if you can help me and let me know what I'm doing wrong that would be great.

http://youtu.be/DKVo1bnDdNI

RelliK111, on 18 Apr 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:RelliK111, on 18 Apr 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

RelliK111, on 18 Apr 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:RelliK111, on 18 Apr 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:RelliK111, on 18 Apr 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

This was the first time I have seen a ColecoVision Homebrew show up in the wild!! If you want to skip to the part its at: 2:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKVo1bnDdNI

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a homebrew from here pop up in the wild?

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

Great video Rellik, awesome store. I wish there was something "serious" like that up in my neck of the woods. The best we have right now in the London-Windsor area in southern Ontario is a place called Game Cycle. A lot of collectible stuff but not so heavy on the imports or rarities. I already bought the London store out of all their loose ColecoVision carts still in NM shape... got an awesome deal though!!

• Like 1

I can't seem to figure out how to make it so you can see the video straight from Atari Age. I used to be able to just by copy and pasting the link but for some reason that is not working anymore Albert if you can help me and let me know what I'm doing wrong that would be great.

http://youtu.be/DKVo1bnDdNI

You should use (media)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcdefghij(/media)

Replace parenthesis with square brackets :)

• Like 1