IGNORED

Setting up a 512k cart

Gazoo

Only minor little thing I'm aware of is the Version of Buck Rogers on Gamecart 1 I think it is, has the dull Text only startup screen, I have a EA5 version that has

the Proper Sega start screen somewhere.

Obviously not worth recombining a whole Rom for that, but I will dig it up just in case there is ever a need to redo it.

Thanks for the hard work Gazoo, just waiting for the 27c040's I ordered so I can modify my Jon Guidry boards to take the 512k Gamecarts.

Does anyone know if dumps are actually available for the games I listed? I know the final Wing War proto is available, but I'm not sure about the others. Also if we were looking to fill up another cart we could add something like Major Tom which is an EA/3 game.

• 1 month later...

Cool.. I have a physical NeverLander cart, but was hoping it made it onto one of the megacarts.

Pitfall! as well?

(A link to a complete listing of games on the compilation carts would probably benefit me... So I dont keep bugging you guys. ;))

Cool.. I have a physical NeverLander cart, but was hoping it made it onto one of the megacarts.

Pitfall! as well?

(A link to a complete listing of games on the compilation carts would probably benefit me... So I dont keep bugging you guys. ;))

http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=12497083

if you scroll down to the screenshots you can see the games carts

pitfall is on the games3 too! :)

Edited by arcadeshopper

I've so far converted 4 Jon Guidry boards into 512k Gamecarts, just 2 to go now.

Whilst testing Gamecart 4 I noticed a problem with Qbert, whenever He jumps on the disc to get back up to the top

step there a trail of "e"'s that stay on the screen, same goes when testing in Classic99.

post-38169-0-72389500-1432293372_thumb.jpg

I've so far converted 4 Jon Guidry boards into 512k Gamecarts, just 2 to go now.

Whilst testing Gamecart 4 I noticed a problem with Qbert, whenever He jumps on the disc to get back up to the top

step there a trail of "e"'s that stay on the screen, same goes when testing in Classic99.

Does the disk version of this game have the same issue? If not, then it should be able to be fixed.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

Does the disk version of this game have the same issue? If not, then it should be able to be fixed.

Gazoo

No it doesn't, disk image attached.

I didn't try this on real iron, just classic99, but have run it on the real thing in the past and not noticed any issues.

Image attached, loads with XB.

Modules Disk 01 (1989)(-)req. PHM 3026USGROP315B.dsk

No it doesn't, disk image attached.

I didn't try this on real iron, just classic99, but have run it on the real thing in the past and not noticed any issues.

Image attached, loads with XB.

I just checked the files on the disk image you posted and they are identical to the data in the cart. Feel free to verify this if you'd like.

Gazoo

There must be something else causing it then. I re-downloaded the Gamecart4 file again and ran it in Classic99, same thing, e's appearing.

The photo I posted was from the real thing.

I suggest someone else verifies this as I expect every Gamecart 4 Qbert behaves this way.

If it's not fixable it isn't a big deal, I will just run the version on the disk file.

There must be something else causing it then. I re-downloaded the Gamecart4 file again and ran it in Classic99, same thing, e's appearing.

The photo I posted was from the real thing.

I suggest someone else verifies this as I expect every Gamecart 4 Qbert behaves this way.

If it's not fixable it isn't a big deal, I will just run the version on the disk file.

053015Gamecart4.bin

See if this makes any difference. I can't get to the point in the game that you're describing, so I can't test it.

It looks as if the software author of Qbert used character >0E as a space instead of character >20, so I blanked out the definition for character >0E.

Why the author would use character >0E for a space is beyond me. :dunce:

Gazoo

• Like 1

Yes my Gamecart 4 does the same thing. My real Q*Bert cart does not.

attachicon.gif053015Gamecart4.bin

See if this makes any difference. I can't get to the point in the game that you're describing, so I can't test it.

It looks as if the software author of Qbert used character >0E as a space instead of character >20, so I blanked out the definition for character >0E.

Why the author would use character >0E for a space is beyond me. :dunce:

Gazoo

Has anyone tried this out yet?

If it's fixed, I'll apply the fix to the 2 meg cart also.

Gazoo

Has anyone tried this out yet?

If it's fixed, I'll apply the fix to the 2 meg cart also.

Gazoo

Sorry about the delay in testing Your fix, timezone differences mean I was sleeping.

I just tried it in Classic99, no problems noticed. It's interesting how this may have occured though, as neither the disk version I uploaded nor the cart does that, so

it's obviously not something the Author of the game did. Maybe it was a bug in an earlier disk version and that's somehow what got used here.

It's fixed anyhow, so that's all that matters really, and of course a big thankyou. :grin: :thumbsup: :)

Sorry about the delay in testing Your fix, timezone differences mean I was sleeping.

I just tried it in Classic99, no problems noticed. It's interesting how this may have occured though, as neither the disk version I uploaded nor the cart does that, so

it's obviously not something the Author of the game did. Maybe it was a bug in an earlier disk version and that's somehow what got used here.

It's fixed anyhow, so that's all that matters really, and of course a big thankyou. :grin: :thumbsup: :)

Well I have to disagree about the Author of the code being responsible. :) He assumed that character >0E was defined as >0000,>0000,>0000,>0000 and used that character instead of using the space character which has that definition by design. It would have been proper programming procedure to define character >0E to his specifications if it was going to be used, and not assume that it had not been previously defined.

But the important thing is that the loader was able to be reconfigured to accommodate the game so it displayed correctly, as you stated.

You're most welcome,

Gazoo